“Very tasteful veggie, maybe need more on volume”

Thuyen Vien Restaurant
Ranked #157 of 861 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Milpitas, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very tasteful veggie, maybe need more on volume”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

We cannot fine veggie pho in San Jose CA. This is a very good veggie and value. i love it, though my husband seem have not enough volume in general.

Toronto, Canada
“delicious eats, great prices, cash only though, try the "fish" pot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Based on the pictures on the menu, the 'fish' pot looks weird but let me tell you it is DELICIOUS! It's only like $7 so give it a go. We also had a 'chicken' dish that was very good. Staff is very friendly and it looks family owned. If only this place served beer :D

Los Angeles, California
“Can I say YUMMMMM...!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hubby and I found this place and on a nice cold day we went for it. Did not realize it was a Vegan/Vegetarian but if this place is any indication of what vegan is, please let me convert.
The staff was friendly, the food was delicious andoveralll it was GREAT!
Will be back soon and with the kids :-)

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Saved my SOUL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

So, imagine you are attending a convention in Anaheim. You've either been sitting in musty meeting rooms, standing in the convention hall all day, or eating in your hotel or at some crappy chain restaurant for which there is no shortage in this Disney-centric city. I mean seriously, take a walk from the hotels and you won't find a shred of charm or a place to eat without a kiddie menu. Not exactly a food lover's paradise. Now, imagine you have a rare night to yourself and the last thing you want is to do is wear your business suit and eat near the convention center where you'll see tons of colleagues and customers.

I had such an evening in Anaheim tonight, and I found this little place online. For all the life that the convention and associated meetings sucked out of me, this place made right again. It's in a strip mall, and is no frills. Locals eat here, and the little seating area was pretty full. The owner is very friendly, and the service was prompt and efficient. I had these banana flower tacos to start and they were incredibly fresh tasting with shredded cabbage, cilantro, avocado and tomato. Then, the eggplant curry knocked my socks off. The creamy coconut broth was not at all heavy and it was filled with eggplant, firm tofu, potatoes, peas, and carrots. I requested "spicy", and told the server to make it a "7 out of 10". Perfect!

Getting away to this neighborhood gem was the best thing to happen all week! I enjoyed my tasty meal in solitude, not a single convention badge in sight. I skipped the ubiquitous chain steak place with all their $50 steaks and a la carte side dishes. Instead, I had a fresh, spicy dinner for...drumroll...$15! That's right...appetizer and dinner was less than 20 bucks. You must try this place, it's a real treat.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank MrsP737
“Vegan/Vegetarian Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

I am so happy that I made the effort to go to this wonderful restaurant. I had to take a cab round trip from the Double Tree Hotel where I am staying for a convention. Thanks to Trip Advisor, I found this excellent restaurant. The owner/ host was welcoming and most gracious. He made me feel at home. The restaurant was comfortable and clean. Now let's talk about the food. Deliciousness beyond comparison. I had the Pumpkin curry with brown rice, from the first bite to the last I was in food heaven, most delicious. Then I had a slice of vegan cheesecake with blue berries, yummy, creamy and delicious. The menu has a great selection to chose from, and the owner was most helpful in my selections. The portions are very generous and Filling. It was easy to have the case of my eyes being bigger than my stomach. :) I highly recommend this restaurant. I took home lunch for the next day, something different to try. And I am going to try to go there again before I leave the convention. A really must go place. I am in vegan heaven!!

Visited April 2013