“Lovely surprise”

Thuyen Vien Restaurant
Ranked #144 of 884 Restaurants in Anaheim
Reviewed 13 July 2014

During a recent trip to Disneyland, I was searching for a restaurant outside the Bubble. I walked to Thuyen Vien after searching Trip Advisor for options. I was very pleased with my meal. They do a good job with the fresh spring rolls and salads. I enjoyed my meal and will come back again. After paying resort prices, I was grateful to have a healthy, inexpensive meal served by lovely folks. The iced tea was so refreshing on a hot summer day. I would highly recommend having a meal here.

1  Thank Roberta5261

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We ordered fried rice, garlic chicken and hot pot. I wish I could give more than 3 stars, but 2 out of 3 dishes were not good, so 3 stars. Here is the break down:

The garlic chicken was a 5 star meal. Very very good.

The fried rice was dry, the peas were over cooked. Hardly saw any diced carrots in there. The overall look of the dish was...sad! 2 stars for that.

The hot pot was really salty. The sauce was burnt and dried out. There was some funny smell to it. It would have been better if it had some black pepper in it, just like how we would cook in Vietnam. 3 stars for that.

The most disappointing part was the plain old steamed rice. It was like old rice: dry and hard. Wish they could have served jasmine rice. It would have helped save the hot pot. 1 star for that.

All and all, I am not planning to come back.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were looking for tasty and healthy vegetarian food after our visit to Disneyland, and we found it here. It's family-run, and they bent over backwards to offer us great food and great service. If we lived in Anaheim, we'd be regulars here.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The countless menu items may leave you confused, but don't worry because everything on the menu is wonderful. Ginger fish and soy lamb are extra favorites in our family. The brown rice is a fabulous mixture of grains which some could almost make a meal. A family place, which will greet you as a friend every time you go, on occasion it may take a little longer for your food. (if you have a big party) But it's worth it.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The garlic chicken is just amazing. I can't even stray to try another dish, it's that good! Family owned and always friendly. Can be crowded at lunch to eat there, so I usually take to-go. $10 minimum charge for debit cards. Cash or debit only.