“If your going to disney stay here!”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Cairns, Australia
“If your going to disney stay here!”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Hotel is Literally straight across the road from the park probably bout a 2minute walk. Rooms were nice & affordable with free wifi and breakfast. Hotel had a pool and spa but we didn't use either as we spent all our time in the park. Will be back again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank temil
BWParkPlace, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a recommendation for the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn. We do appreciate your comments and hope to see you agin soon.

Take care,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We booked this hotel at the last minute and we have four kids, so we were limited on our choices. We stayed in the mini-suite, and the room was clean, but the sofa bed was falling apart and missing springs, so would have been uncomfortable for anyone taller than 4 feet. Our fridge didn't work well, and the microwave wouldn't even pop a bag of popcorn. The pool was closed most of the time we were there, and it was freezing water, so my kids didn't want to swim. The worst: the parking is horrible. We have a larger vehicle, and could not park easily anywhere due to the narrow spaces. One large SUV owner even placed a cone behind his vehicle. I was told there was less parking than number of rooms, which is unbelievable. The breakfast is so, so.. not much in fruit options, although my kids thought filling up on donuts was the greatest thing. The only really great thing I have to say is that the hotel is across the street from the maingate, within one minute's walking distance, which was wonderful. Also, the staff was nice and tried to be accomodating. Caution: watch for the hidden fees. I was a little surprised to get the final billing.

Room Tip: We asked what discounts were available.
4 Thank vjeric
BWParkPlace, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 6 July 2011
I am very sorry to see you were disappointed with your stay. We do appreciate you taking the time to write a response so we can understand where we need improvement. However please let me address your concerns so you may give us another chance. Please let us know immediate if something is not working properly so we can address it. If the sofa was uncomfortable, we do have replacements the same for the microwave. I am sorry the pool was not open during part of your stay. Unfortunately there was an unforseen incident with a guest that caused us to have to close the pool and treat it. However, we did maintain the temperature of the pool at its normal 80 degrees. Our parking is limited however the non compact spaces do accomodate full size vehicles and we guarantee everyone a place to park. If only compact spaces are left, or guests have parked over the lines, we do accomodate guests in registration spots or unmarked parking areas by our maintenance office. The breakfast does include hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bagels, toast, pastries, 3 types of cereal and oatmeal, fresh fruit, juices, coffee and milk.
Please feel free to call me. We would like to experience a more enjoyable stay and what is typical of The Best Western Plus Park Place Inn and Minisuites.

Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We stayed here with our family and extended family. They were able to keep us all on the same floor and next to each other. The rooms were very clean and quiet. The staff were very helpfull. I needed a scooter to get around Disneyland and they recommended a great rental company and also let me keep the scooter in the lobby and charged it for me. The hotel and staff are FANTASTIC, and I would stay and recommend this hotel to anyone in a heartbeat. Thanks for a great time

5 Thank midge604
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We strive to make each guest's stay memorable. I am very please that we were able to help you and your family have a wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 2 July 2011

A little background first. We are Annual Passholders to Disneyland from out of state. We usually make it there at least five times a year. We have stayed at several properties on Harbor as well as two of the properties on-site.
When balancing comfort, expense and convenience, this property has become our favorite. The rooms are clean, spacious and we are able to sleep six quite comfortably. The beds are very comfortable with the exception of the sofa bed.
The absolute best feature of this hotel though is location. You are literally across the street from the park. Perfect for the afternoon naps and quick pool break to refresh for the evening. From our calculations, our room was actually closer than the on-site hotels when walking. Closer for hundreds less on a 3-night stay? Yeah, I'll give up Disney theming for that! I'm already getting plenty of Disney at the parks. I don't need to sleep in a room with it.
We have already booked our next stay for November.

6 Thank SSMATIK
Thankk you for reviewing our property. It is always a pleasure to hear wonderful comments from our guests. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you when you arrive in Novemeber. If the sofa bed is uncomfortable, please let us know and we will do our best to make it more comfortable. Thank you and we will see you soon.

Take care.
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2011

It is a cinder block three storey, an average hotel room with a big window that you have to keep closed so the room is always dark. I stay in the two queen with a sitting area, just to get the extra elbow room. The free breakfast is not good as lots of people have said, but it is good enough to get you through the morning. But the LOCATION!!!! Across the street and into Disneyland, and if the park gets too busy back to the room for a nap and then back to the park. Cannot be beat! One thing - book as early as possible. Lots of people have discovered this place and the prices have gone up because of this. The lady at the front desk really wants to get you the right room (sorry I did not tip you).

Room Tip: Third floor and at the back is quietest
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TheAlbertan
I am pleased that your stay was enjotyable. I am not sure what you mean that the window had to be kept closed all the time so it was alwys dark in the room. Please let us know if there is something you would like us to address. All of the windows do open and have a sheer curtain as well as the heavy curtains to offer a little privacy and let in light. Our prices do vary depending on the season however, reserving as early as possible is great advice to ensure a choice in room type.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Take care,
S. California
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I don't know why I didn't write a review before of them. There was not actual parking space for us and we had to park along the wall that displayed signs not to park there. I informed the front desk of the situation and they said it was their "over flow" parking and it was ok to park there. I could not even get out of the passenger side since we were parked parrallel.

I had brought this complaint in detail to the hotel of why did I have to pay a parking fee for a parking space I never recieved and their answer was again, the "over flow" parking and I was not given a refund for the parking fee. I work for a Best Western and to see this happen was extremly disapointing.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Firecracker0607
I do appreciate you addressing your concerns. At the time of your stay, we did utilitze the area you mentioned as overflow hotel parking. The no parking signs only applied to the back corner of the wall to ensure that emergency vehicles had room to turn the corner. As a hotel employee, I am sure you are aware many hotels do sometimes have parking concerns and do find alternative parking locations. Fortunately we were able to accomodate your vehicle in our overflow parking area, which was onsite, provided the same access, and no further of a walk than the marked spaces on the other side of the building.

I am sorry your were disappointed with the parking accomodations. However, I would like to hear from you regarding the additional ratings since nothing was mentioned in the those areas. I would like to be able address them with you and see what we could do to improve. As a fellow Best Western Hotel Employee, I hope you understand we are always striving to improve our customer relations and guest satsifaction.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 16 June 2011

This was the second time my wife and I have stayed at the BW Park Place, although the third time for my wife. We requested a room not on the firs tfloor and they easily accomodated us. The location is absolutely perfect; out the door and you can be in the park in 10 minutes, depending on how fast you can walk! Keep in mind this is not a fancy resort, but it is clean and comfortable. Our first night we had a problem with the AC unit and the following morning we reported it to the Front Desk and we could hear them calling maintenance as we walked away. The room was still a little stuffy but there was improvement. The cleaning service does a fantastic job. Everyone at the Front Desk was extremely helpful; we were able to check our bags with them early since our room wasn't ready and also when we checked out on our day of departure since we had a late pick-up to LAX. I have to admit I'm not crazy about the free Continental Breakfast, but then again I'm fussy and prefer to have a breakfast in the park; after all that's why we were there and wanted to take full advantage of if. We are planning on staying there again for our next trip in October. I think the price for what we received was very fair and what we sved by not staying at one of the Disneyland resorts compensated for able to return home fully loaded with Dland goodies. Our room this time faced the park and we had a fantastic view of the fireworks in the comfort of our room the first night without being shoulder with 10,000 other enthusiasts so that was also nice. Thank you Best Western, for adding to our special trip. Please keep up the good work for our 23 anniversary celebration in October!

3 Thank Orion1957
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We do enjoy hearing back from our guests. We look forward to seeing you in October and hope you have a wonderful anniversary while you are staying with us. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you while you are here.

Thank you and we will see you soon.