“A 5 minute walk to Disneyland!”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Sumner, Washington
“A 5 minute walk to Disneyland!”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We had a room booked for 3 days, then we left for 5, and came back for another 3 days. The first leg our room was on the 2nd floor, it was clean and quiet. I didn't need alot done to the room, and the maid came just as we were leaving, I asked for more coffee, and for the beds to be made and towels replaced...she obliged and was quite nice. The second 3 day stay, was exactly the opposite...our room was on the 3rd floor, after I specifically asked for the second floor, couldn't get the first floor at all because they only put the quites on the second and third floors. Our room stunk like cigarettes the moment I walked in the door. Ugh!! And the toilet was sluggish in flushing. I complained at the front Desk, and asked for someone to spray the room. They did. They asked if I wanted another room, but after they sprayed it smelled much bother...The second problem was at 3 when we returned to put my granddaughter down for a little nap, the maid still had not been to the room....30 minutes after we were there she showed up...with an attitude!! I told her exactly what time she could come back, and not before since I had a child sleeping. It amazes me that we had two totally different experiences within a weeks time!! Now for the breakfast..it was okay, nothing special, but at least hot and fresh. You eat your breakfast next door to the hotel at a place called Captain Kidd....just do not eat there buffet in the evening...OMG the food was absolutely horrible. The parking was a disaster..the stalls are too small, and people eating at the restaurant next door that are not staying at the hotel, take up too many of the hotel parking places....hard to find a spot. Will I stay again? Yes..it's convenient, but I will get in my car and drive down the road for some place else to eat

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank xjigglesx
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 17 June 2012
First I would like to thank you for writing a review. Letting us know what you appreciated and what you felt needed improved, helps us improve our service. I am sorry your second stay with us did not meet your expecations. I am sorry we did not have a room available for you on the second floor. We do our best to meet all requests, however, it is just not always possible. Housekeeping works very hard to make sure all guests staying the night have their rooms cleaned by 4 pm and that rooms are ready for arrivals by 3 pm. Depending how busy they are will determine how quickly the rooms are cleaned. If you will be returning for naps, please let us know by what time you would like your room cleaned. Housekeeping will do their absolute best to accomodate your needs. I am sorry for the cigarette odor in the room. All of our rooms are nonsmoking. Unfortunately someone was inconsiderate. I am pleased you were able to visit our continental breakfast. We do not run the Captain Kidd's restaurant, we just lease the psace for our breakfast. Please see us at the front desk and we can provide you with several options in a very short walking distance. We do hope to see you again.

Thank you and take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed here for 10 nights in febuary 2012 with my partner.We both had the best time,being so close to D/L was a big plus,after walking the parks all day its good to know u only have about 480 (yes i counted them)or so steps to go to get back to your room,and when u get back your room is clean and fresh.Our room was at the back, ground floor,this was a little noisy at times with trafficand people arriving very early or late and unpacking there cars.The beds were very comfy and clean.The girls who service/clean the rooms do a fantastic job,our room was perfect everytime we returned.Front desk staff were great,very friendly and helpful and,as with everyone at this hotel, greet you with a smile.I can't pick any faults with this hotel,great price,location and staff.The restaurant next door,Captain Kidds,is nothing special,we tried the free breakfast once,but it wasn't our cup of tea,although,it was popular with families and they seemed to enjoy it.There are plenty of options for all meals and some are fantastic.Overall a geat place to stay,clean comfortable,friendly and right on Disneylands doorstep.Thanks for a great time,see you next year!

Room Tip: top floor at the back
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mic M
Thank you for your review of our property. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please stop by the continental breakfast on your next visit. We have added waffles, sausage, egg patties and croissants since you stayed with us. We look forward to seeing you next year.

Battle Ground WA
Reviewed 9 June 2012

You can't get any closer to Disneyland than the Best Western Park Place Inn and Suites. Right across the street from the main entrance to Disney, Rates are very reasonable for the location, and type of motel. I highly recommend if your looking for convienence, and a great price. Don't expect a Four Seasons, but if you plan to spend most of your time at Disney and not much time in your room - This is the place! Clean, friendly staff, and continental breakfast. Nicely done Best Western!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Erik M
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 10 June 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. It is always wonderful to read when our guests enjoy their stay at our property. We look forward to you staying with us again.

Riggins, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed two nights at this Best Western and had minimal complaints. We had trouble with the wifi but it could have been our devices. The front desk was helpful, gift shop has good prices on Disney items, and my family enjoyed the included breakfast. Like my title says, you can't get any closer to Disneyland and it's WELL worth your money to be able to walk across the street and fall into bed after walking around the park for 16 hours! We would definitely choose this hotel again! :)

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank salmonriverchick
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and what the property has to offer. We would be very happy to have you stay with us again.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This hotel is perfect for any one on a trip to Disneyland. It is only steps away from the main entrance. We arrived early and while the family went into Disneyland I waited with the car until our rooms were ready. The staff at the front desk are very, very good and they got our connecting rooms ready by 930am. we booked double queen mini suites and I requested connecting rooms and they were able to give us just want we wanted. The rooms are large and well appointed for a mid range hotel chain. They were spotless and well supplied with towels etc. My wife mentioned how nice the rooms were many times during our stay as did the other adults in our party. We stayed a total of 7 days and 6 nights. The beds are very comfortable. The maid service is outstanding. a hint, if you want your room cleaned up early they have a small sign to place on your door and the maids do these rooms first which really helps when you plan to come back to the rooms during the day to rest, nap or swim. The hotel uses the restaurant, upstairs at Captain Kidds next door for the free continental breakfast. The breakfast is really really good and the best we have had at a Best Western. There is a little bit of everything served from eggs and waffles to sausages toast muffins rolls cereal yogurt coffee juices etc. The pool while not a big one, but a nice size is very clean and the chemical levels are kept in the proper balance. I know this as I am in charge of the pools where I work. They also have a hot tub which is pretty big. The hotel has elevators and even several luggage carts in the lobby so that you can load your luggage and make one trip instead of several.

Our rooms where as I said the queen mini suites which have two queen beds and a sofa with a coffee table and the sofa opens to a bed also. The rooms also have a microwave and a good size mini fridge. There is plenty of closet space as well as space in the room. The sink and counter are outside the bath room and very large with a coffee maker. Each room has an A/C unit that works very well and is very quite.

The location is perfect just across the street from the main entrance to Disneyland and makes it so nice when you are hot, tired and your feet hurt after a day walking in Disneyland to know you only have to short walk to your cool comfortable room. No need to walk a long distance or wait for the tram to take you to your car and then have to drive back to your hotel.

The cost of the hotel is very good and well worth the price. We had two queen mini suites and it did not break the bank to stay there.

ALL IN ALL THE ONLY PLACE WE WILL STAY WHEN WE COME TO DISNEYLAND.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice and the hotel is very quite so no matter where you are placed it is good...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank RichK_1
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review of our property. I am very pleased we were able to exceed your expectations and meet your needs while you stayed with us. Everyone here works very hard to make sure our guests have a very enjoyable stay. It is a pleasure knowing when the efforts have succeeded. We definitely look forward to having you and your family stay with us again.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 7 June 2012

A number of couples got together for an adult trip to Disneyland and this place was perfect. Right across the streen from the entrance made paying for parking and the lost time riding and waiting for shuttles a thing of the past. Bargain rate by booking 3 months ahead. Acceptable free breakfast saved that hassle and money also. Can't be beat in my book. Going back again this year.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank SaltLakeSteve
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Thank you for writing a review of our property. I enjoyed reading about your stay with us. We look forward to having you here next year.

Idaho
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This hotel is just what you would expect from a Best Western. The rooms were clean and large enough. This is the closest Hotel to Disneyland. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to the front gate. The staff was o.k. The maid service was excellent, very friendly and helpful. The free continental breakfast is in the building next-door and up a flight of stairs. The only reason I went up there was for coffee. The coffee makers in the rooms are one cup at a time. I did see another traveler taking his coffee pot to his room and I will remember that next time. The breakfast was o.k. If you had a large family you had to feed, but not very inviting. The pool is small and in the shade. We were able to swim once but it was pretty cold. The smoking areas are poor, they have one with a seat but you are right in front of the laundry room. I felt like I needed to hold my cigarette behind my head when someone walked by. This hotel is by far the best deal in town for families visiting Disneyland.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank IdahoCookie
Thank you for writing a review of our property. I appreciate the comments you left regarding our property and your stay. They will help us make improvements for all of our guests. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and I hope we will get to see you again soon.