“Location can be Everything!”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #18 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My husband and I visited June 17-21 for our 25th anniversary. We were very happy with nearly every aspect of our stay. You truly can't get closer to the DL gates than this hotel unless you stay at the Grand Californian which is so out of our price range. We found our room to be very clean and the staff was extremely friendly. We had a king room which included a sitting area with a sofa, a microwave and refrigerator. It also had a large flat screen tv. I loved the bedding! There was no scratchy, stiff, nasty bedspread. We ate the free breakfast twice. It is located next door in the upstairs of Captain Kidd's. It was a basic breakfast, but fueled us up to start our day in the park. They had egg patties, sausage links, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, danishes, bagels, toast, yogurt, juice, coffee, etc. Our only complaint with our stay was the wifi. It didn't always work the greatest. It could have been the location of our room. It would work decently if we were sitting on the couch near the door, but would often lose it if we moved to another part of the room. However, that is a very minor complaint for what was overall a great experience. We highly recommend Best Western Park Place Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the front for shortest walk and possibly better wifi signal.
6  Thank Stacey F
Write a ReviewReviews (2,889)

Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is the 3rd or 4th time we've stayed here. The pros are that the front desk staff are very friendly and helpful and I can't emphasize how close and convenient it is to the entrance to Disneyland. Literally right across the street. The price also can't be beat!

The rooms are decent. They've always been very clean when we've stayed. The house keeping staff is awesome and I feel they really try to add little special touches such as folding the towels in a fancy way. But it couldn't hurt for the rooms to be updated a little bit. They're fairly worn, but considering I don't spend a lot of time in the room it's not that big of a deal.

There's also a free continental breakfast...I prefer to just have coffee in the park but it's great for families and when we go with our kids we always eat here before heading over to save some money.

One of the drawbacks is the Wifi is not that great, but it is free. We had a room at the very back of the hotel...literally the last room. I think we were just too far away to get a good signal and my Wifi connection was very hit or miss.

Will definitely stay here again, this is by far my favorite hotel when we go to Disneyland!

3  Thank Utah_Jen
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate your repeat visits to our property. We just very recently upgraded our Wi Fi service so there should no longer be connection problems. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

I like this hotel! It is actually the only hotel I've stayed at the last two times I went to Disneyland. It is right accross the street - LIKE right across the street - from the entrance to both Disneyland and California Adventure. If you are not going to be staying at one of the Disneyland Hotels, this is the one and only place I would ever stay. We usually get the suite which is only like $180 a night and sleeps 6 people. The way I see it is why pay big $$$$$ if your not even going to be in your room most of the time.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We look forward to you coming to stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

I wish i could give 3.5 stars, which would be a little more accurate. Slightly above average but not great or exceptional.

We were staying for 3 nights at the Best Western Park Place Mini Suites. This hotel is located at the pedestrian crosswalk that leads to the entrance of Disneyland. This hotel and the Park Vue hotel, located on the other side of the crosswalk, are the closest hotels to Disney's entrance other than Disney's Grand Californian Resort & Spa. That hotel is pretty much located inside Disney's California Adventure park. But beyond that, the Disneyland Hotel and Disney's Paradise Pier are both actually further than where we stayed and cost twice as much. I paid a discounted rate of $96/night. Paradise Pier & Disneyland Hotel, by contrast cost about $250/night, and Grand Californian was even more. (I must admit, there were a couple of times when leaving DCA that I would have been willing to fork over $300+ to be back in my hotel room resting my feet without the additional 5-10 minute walk.

The Best Western is basically a motel. It has outdoor corridors and a very basic pool. It is only a place to rest in between park touring. Like a lot of older hotels on Harbor Blvd., it is not a place to explore and has no Disney magic. But we had limited time- 3 days in Disneyland (DL) and lots to try and see in that short time. Our room had 2 double beds a coffee machine, refrigerator, microwave, dining table w/ 2 chairs and a bathroom with sink outside the door. The last time I stayed here i was in a mini-suite (for the same price) with 2 Queens and a pull-out sofa. There are also King rooms available.

On our first day, we checked in, but our room was not ready. The hotel is usually full and rooms are generally not ready until around 3:00pm. We left our bags with the front desk and headed to the parks.

The great thing about having a refrigerator and microwave is that you can bring bagels and cream cheese, bacon, fruit, and other perishable items that can be heated for breakfast. Our in room breakfasts turned out to be better than the free one next door.

We finally tried the buffet next door at Captain Kidd's on our last morning in Anaheim. We walked in and saw a sign with an arrow directing us up the stairs for the buffet. There was no greeter and no one checked our little green ticket that Best Western had given us for entry into the buffet. I got 2 croissants and some link sausages. My niece got waffles and sausages. The waffles and croissants had been sitting under heat lamps. Her waffles were cold but she went back later and got some fresh ones that had just come out. One of my croissants seemed fresh; the other as dry as a dead leaf in a Texas summer and just as crumbly. I told Vi to grab one of the mystery discs when she went back… I thought it was a pancake when I passed by it but later reflected it might actually be an egg of some kind. The mystery something turned out to be little discs of scrambled egg… which tasted better than they looked. There was also an assortment of cereals, about 5 or 6 I believe. There were some pastries, orange and apple juices, coffee, and a couple of other items. Not bad for free. Our main concern was that no one verified anything, so anyone could have come up to get free breakfast because this building is where the ONLY Pedestrian Crosswalk to Disneyland is. So everyone staying in hotels along Harbor BLVD that walks to DL crosses here. We saw a couple of people grab the paper plates load them up and head to their rooms next door.

Basically, the room was clean, the service was very good, the staff was extremely friendly and nice. I would not hesitate to stay here again and fully intend to whenever I go to Disneyland and can get a good rate. I recommend it so long as you know what you are getting- managed expectations. It is a motel… but a good one. 

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Valanie
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry the hostess was not there to greet you as you went up the stairs. We do not provide tickets for the continental breakfast. I think what you are describing is the gift shop coupon. However, you may be asked to show your room key. Again thank you for writing a review and bringing this to our attention. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in June 2012. I agree it is the most conveniently located (non Disney) hotel to Disneyland. We had a mini suite, which is not a suite but just a larger room, for 2 adults and 2 children under 4. The hotel is literally across the road from the main entrance to Disneyland so were we're able to easily take the kids home during the day for a rest. The hotel itself is somewhat dated but this is more than compensated for by it's location.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank GN5150
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for writing about our property. I do hope your stay was enjoyable and comfortable and that we will see you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

This is our 3rd trip to Disneyland in the past decade. We have stay at all three of the hotels just across the street from Disneyland (Desert Inn & Suites, Park Vue, Park Place Inn). This is the best of all for us. We stayed 9 nights with 6 of use in the suite with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. The sofa bed was great for our kids. Of, course the location was the best. Just a few minutes to walk to the gate entrance. I was initially hesitant in staying here since I read the negative reviews - parking, breakfast, pool...) There is a $8 charge for parking. We found parking with plenty of space for our Odyssey van. There are compact designated spaces for smaller cars which others are probably complaining about. We checked in early (in the morning) during the mid-week, and we were surprise to have a room ready. There are plenty of space during the day, but evening check in can be tough. There was parking available for overflow two doors down at the Carousel Inn for guests here with additional cars ($10/night).

The room had plenty of space for 6 people. Housekeeping was great to supply plenty of towels and toiletry items. Fridge and microwave in the room with coffee maker and hair dryer. There are pool towels available for those who go swimming. The pool is not Olympic size but right size for children.

Breakfast was great for us and the kids. It's not made to order breakfast but was filling for us. And it was FREE. This saved us $$$ since we were here for 10 days. If want to speed more money, then you can go to IHOP next door. Otherwise, people complaining here are not being reasonable and must realize this is not a 5 star hotel. (Stay at the Hyatt instead.)

Housekeeping does a great job. Yes, they came twice during the afternoon because we got up late. Housekeeping can't clean all the rooms in the morning since not everyone is out of the room that early. I stepped out and use the free internet in the lobby while waiting.

Overall, I was quite pleased and expectations exceeded after staying here. We also had relatives staying next door at Park Vue at the same time. This is a nice place to stay also but rooms were smaller than Park Place. They had free parking for several cars. They offered a free breakfast but less selection than Park Place. Both places had wonderful staff.

The room was stuffy and hot when the AC is off. I think this due to the weather during our stay. Both motels (Park Place and Park Vue) had the same problem.

If you are considering Park Place, go for it. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank 4kprincesses
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. I am thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for pointing out specific details so we can continue to provide the service you enjoyed. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

BW Park Place Inn is our go-to hotel when we can't get in at the Grand Californian. Why? Because it is close. I do not make the trek to California to sit in my room the whole time; we are looking for a place to put our bags and a clean bed to sleep in and we get both. Yes, it can be noisy when people run by the rooms, but this has nothing to do with the hotel and everything to do with the fact that people do not raise their children to be courteous of others (or practice it themselves, for that matter) and it happens everywhere - including at the GC. We go to the park from 8 in the morning until 11 most nights and this hotel is a great place to crash and recharge for the next day. If you are looking for a California resort experience, figure it out and go elsewhere more suited to that purpose; it's that simple.

The breakfast is fine; nothing fancy, but sufficient. The pool is not terribly big, but as I have already stated, don't stay here for the pool life.

Efficient, helpful front desk service. A nicely cleaned room each day. No complaints. We'll be back.

2  Thank ecormack
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Thank you for your review of our property. We greatly appreciate you repeat visits. We look forward to seeing you again soon.