Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #22 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Vancouver, Canada
“Good stay”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Probably the best location for the hotels not in the park. It was such a short walk. The staff were friendly at check in and check out. They gave us a room at the VERY end in the corner on the second floor, so that was kind of a bummer. The street noise was quite loud throughout the night and there was a bright light directly outside our window. The internet connection was quite horrible. Me and my boyfriend both had phones and I had a laptop and it was basically impossible to connect on each of our devices. We got it to work once but then lost the connection after 2 minutes or so. I strongly suggest you get stronger connections for the back part of the hotel. Also the continental breakfast next door at captain kids was awful. Very busy, the food was so greasy, the eggs barely looked like eggs. There was nothing healthy for me and my boyfriend to eat, donuts and ham was the main course. We didnt even bother going for breakfast there the next day and went to dennys instead. other than those issues, the hotel itself was lovely and the decor was nice too. I would possibly consider staying here instead if I had a better internet connection. thank you!

Room Tip: Choose a room closer to the front of the hotel for a better connection.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay but do apologize for the detracting items. We are addressing the internet issues. For the breakfast there are many options available if you choose to stay with us again. Besides the items mentioned, we do also offer white and wheat toast, yogurt, bagels, cereal (including cheerios and raisin bran), oatmeal, and a variety of fresh fruits, as well as other items. I do thank you for your comments and compliments and hope to see you again.

Thank you and take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

It was great to park the car when we arrived and didn't need to use it until we left. Did not like the location of the rooms initially so the person at the desk made arrangements to change our rooms with no problem. Rooms were clean, but a little tired, could use some updating. We didn't spend much time in the room. If you are looking for a place to stay that is walking distance to Disneyland this is not a bad place.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience. I am glad we were able to move you to another location in the hotel so you could enjoy your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Atascadero, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Right across the street from Disneyland, great price and the breakfast buffet (which is free) exceeded my expecations. This was our fist time staying here, we will never stay anywhere else. The only issue was the free wi-fi. It's a hot spot so you lose connection easliy and it's a pain to use. Other than that, great hotel and great experience.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. It is wonderful to read we exceeded your expecations. We definitely look forward to your next visit.

Portland, Oregon, Usa
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is our second stay at this hotel this year. We love it because it's directly across from the entrance to the Disneyland Resort. It took us 8 minutes to walk from our rooms to the turnstiles at the theme parks and I'm a slow walker. We had two connecting rooms, each with a king bed and a full-size sleeper sofa. The sofa was nice to have so we could relax in one room without having to sit on the bed. The rooms are clean with the exception of the carpets, which are badly in need of cleaning. Our socks were black after a short time walking around. The bed was extremely comfortable. It was nice to have the microwave and mini fridge. The desk had extra outlets, which came in handy for recharging all the electronic devices that we seem to travel with. The TV was a large, flat screen and there was a nice variety of channels. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. There is a $10 per day charge for parking. We opted to take a taxi from the airport rather than rent a car this trip since last time the car sat in the lot the entire week. The gift shop was well stocked with Disney souvenirs, a variety of chips, candy and soda/bottled water, as well as the usual medicines. The high speed internet is complimentary, but was extremely slow. I had trouble connecting and staying connected with my iPhone, but my laptop connected fine. Most mornings we took advantage of the free breakfast next door. There were several hot items, such as eggs, sausage or ham, potatoes, frozen waffles, as well as pastries, donuts, bagels, toast, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, orange juice, milk, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, yogurt. The staff kept everything clean and well stocked. The coffee was pretty awful, but everything else was fine. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and definitely plan to stay here again in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us once again. We appreciate you returning and taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities of the hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Long Island, NY
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My family and I just got back from our vacation to SoCal where we spent 4 days at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites. We have stayed at other Best Western Hotels before and were very pleased. This hotel also got great reviews on TripAdvisor so we felt good about our decision to stay there while visiting Disneyland. Unfortunately, we were underwhelmed and disappointed. This hotel's, excuse me, MOTEL's biggest draw is it's proximity to Disneyland. It is directly across the street from the main gate which made for a super easy commute between the park and the motel. It was great to not have to worry about parking. The parking fee, by the way, was $10/day, not bad at all, and was less than or comparable to other hotels in the area. There was always a place to park the car that was conveniently located near our room. There are also many popular restaurants like McDonald's and IHOP within walking distance, and other stores like supermarkets and Target nearby.

We arrived later in the evening but check-in was easy. The staff was courteous and seemed helpful whenever we asked a question. The appearance of the lobby was just okay. My daughter had to use the bathroom which was really smelly. They had a can of Lysol spray in there which caused me to raise an eyebrow, but I chocked it up to it being a public space. Nonetheless, I have been in public hotel bathrooms that were much nicer and less odorous.

We then proceeded to park the car and head to our room. There were no luggage carts to be seen and I had to walk back to the front desk from our room which was in the back of the building to inquire about one. There were three in the lobby area. No one mentioned anything until we asked and no one offered to assist us. The grayish brown exterior of the walls surrounding the rooms and occasionally stained concrete on the walkways left much to be desired. It just looked so dated and depressing. Thankfully, even though most people use the stairs surrounding the exterior to navigate the three floors of the motel, there is an elevator, slow but reliable, and equally lacking in appearance with flooring that is raised and torn in some areas.

Our room was slightly more impressive. I will say that the refrigerator was a good size compared to those in some other establishments and kept all items nice and cold. It even had a little freezer. The microwave was the kind with a dial that you have to turn to the desired cooking time. This was annoying at times because there was less predictability when trying to gauge the amount of time that you wanted your food to be heated. The flat screen T.V. was a nice modern touch that worked well. The lighting was poor, even with all the lights on (one which was broken), and the curtains pulled back, the room was very dark. The furniture was dated, but the beds were comfortable. The linens left much to be desired; one flat sheet, a thin blanket, and the decorative cover used when making the beds, were all that was provided. The AC worked well thankfully, so that you could balance the temperature with the need for more linens. The flooring felt a bit uneven in some areas and the carpet had some damp spots when we arrived, although it dried over the course of our four day stay. I made everyone wear socks when walking around the room. The front desk sent someone to check the carpeting in our room, but he seemed a bit unsure and suggested that the carpet may have been shampooed earlier. Someone from the front desk called soon after to confirm that it had indeed been shampooed. I might have believed them if the white socks I wore only in the hotel room while we were there weren't filthy each time I took them off. Another reviewer on TripAdvisor also noted the dampness of the carpeting.

The bathroom and the room overall appeared clean and tidy. The large vanity outside of the bathroom meant that more people could get ready at the same time which was nice. The vanity also held the coffee maker and ice bucket, but still had ample room for our toiletries. The only drawback was that on our last day there seemed to be a mild stagnant odor coming from the sink that made me nervous and I was happy to be leaving. There was a little sitting area that we did not find too comfortable and so made little use of. It was more convenient to watch TV from our beds. There is however a sofabed there that could have accommodated more guests, and the room was a fair size. I guess that's why it's called a "suite".

The WiFi wasn't bad except that you had to keep reconnecting to the system every time you used your computer. I even had to do so a few times in one sitting. The pool was small but clean with fresh towels nearby. I didn't trust the sudsy hot tub although the guests that were using it seemed to be quite happy. There is a restaurant next door where complimentary breakfast and discounted dinners are offered, but we never ate there as we'd heard others say that we'd regret it.

The staff, I must say, was friendly and promptly addressed our needs whenever we called. Still, overall, we were very unhappy. We booked last minute and could not change or cancel our reservation as per our contract. It was affordable, the funds were paid upfront since I used a debit card, and other places with comparable fees within our budget were booked, otherwise we would have left. If they could just take some time to spruce the place up it could be so much better. They will definitely stay in business, if for no other reason than the location alone, but that doesn't mean that they should let things just fall apart and do the bare minimum as far as upkeep goes. When you vacation, you want to stay in a place that is aesthetically pleasing, even if it's more budget friendly. It affects your ability to relax and indulge and pamper yourself, which the whole reason for your vacation. Where you stay is just as important as what you do. We never felt relaxed or pampered, and the only escape we sought was Disney during the daytime and our leaving to come back home. Needless to say, we will plan better next time and will not be returning.

1 Thank dela2302
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
I would first like to thank you for writing a review of our property. We do greatly appreciate your compliments and also letting us know what disappointed you. I do wish you had brought your concerns to us while you were here so we could have addressed the issues. If we could not meet your expectations we could have definitely helped you find other accomodations with no penalty. I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I do hope you will give us another chance so you can experience the true service of the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn. Please feel free to contact me.

Kelly Laimana
Front Office Manager
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is a great place to stay. Right across the road from Disneyland - they also sell tickets to Disneyland so you don't have to wait in lines.
Unfortunately for us someone were running a 1/2 marathon the day we arrived and we had to drive around for 2 hours trying to get to the hotel -not the hotel's fault. We arrived early from Australia - after a 20 hour flight all we wanted was to get some sleep. The hotel staff were great and got us are room early so we could get a few hours sleep.
The only thing I would say was a disappointment was the breakfast provided next door at Captain Kidds. Food was pretty bad, we tried it one day spent the rest of our stay having breakfast at I-Hop.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Disneyland. I am very sorry you were inconvenienced by the marathon but glad we could get you into your room early. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments and compliments. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Wow if I'm ever back in this area I will stay here again. On first glance it may seem a bit dated. I don't mind that. The rooms are a gd size and clean and we r opposite Disneyland as the brochure indicated, they were happy to bring in a roll away as we 3 individuals travelling together and don't want to share a bed. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE the people at the front desk knew what they were doing BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE. They have a microwave and a fridge. Unlike many many many hotels I ave been in over the past 23days while on a tour from New York to LA.
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE there's a pool and free WiFi and a continental breakfast. Ok I haven't had the breakfast yet. It's gd though to have it included.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased we exceeded your expectations and that we were able to provide you with a wonderful and comfortable stay while you visited the Disneyland area. I did help you get your bags from the storage area and yes I did definitely enjoy reading your review.

I hope to see you again and hope you had a safe flight home.