“We really enjoy this hotel”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I are annual pass holders at Disneyland and come down from Monterey about once a month or every other month. We always, opt to stay at this hotel. We take our 2 yr. old daughter and love how convenient the location is to the park. I seriously am not understanding some of the complaints I'm reading on here. The front desk staff are amazing. They seriously go above and beyond to help out guests. Some people may not know but the Stovall company offers discounts, when you call to book your reservation they have a AAA discount or a Costco membership discount. It does save you money. Yes the suites are mini people, Hello, they do advertise them as mini. A full suite would indicate that there is a door between the bed area and the main area. I recommend this hotel to everyone. If I had enough time on my hands to write a longer recommendation of this hotel I would. The only thing I think I could say negative about this hotel is I personally think they use too much chlorine in the pool and hot tub, and I don't like the type of detergent they use on their linens, but that is because I have sensitive skin. I don't stay here for the hotel I stay here for the connivence at a fair price. The only other hotel that is this close to the parks is the grand California and its 400 bucks and up a night.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

I would first like to thank you for always choosing our hotel for your Disneyland visits. We enjoy having you stay with us and greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Our employees strive to ensure all of our guests have a memorable experience. Thank you for your comments and compliments and for sharing your personal experience with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you and take care.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,908)

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have to say I am mystified by the negative reviews on here. We stayed here in January and didn't have a single complaint. The free breakfast is what it is. Load up on coffee carbs and protein and hit the park. We stayed at the back on the third floor with a family of 6 next door and never heard them. I'll pay the little extra to not waste my time in a shuttle or bus line. With a 4 year old and a 6 year old we did 3 15 hour days in the parks and hotel was convenient and quiet when we were done. I can't imagine staying anywhere else and have recommended it to 3 different families who are on their way down. Loved it and more important kids loved it.

Room Tip: If your at the back on the top floor and your on the North side you can see the fireworks.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BCBoy05

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Disneyland. I am very pleased to read how much you and your kids enjoyed your stay with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review and your comments and compliments are very welcomed. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for years and years. Check in has always been a pleasant experience as well as the entire stay. Clean Clean Clean spacious and a very friendly accomodating staff! Extremely well priced I would recommend this hotel to all!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experiences while staying with us over the years. We greatly appreciate you spending your vacations with us as well as the comments and compliments. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We had several rooms booked here for a family trip to Disney. The rates were not great, but I guess being across the street (literally!) from Disney, I wasn't going to find better prices. The parking lot was a zoo due to the construction, the front desk was a maze to get to.

Our rooms were ok, nothing special again. We were all on the ground floor, and had several different types; a single king, 2 queens, etc. There was a nice sitting area in each. In our room we had to cover the microwave clock because it was so bright and unplug the clock radio. Nothing seemed to modern or updated, but it wasn't dirty or old looking either. Just typical hotel room.

The pool and hottub area is small, the hot tub wasn't even that hot. And it closed promtly at 10pm. The breakfast area was not attached the hotel, but right beside it in a seperate building. It was pretty gross, and there wasn't much seating area. Not sure if this was due to construction, or the breakfast is always off-site.

Overall, very convienient for Disney, the price was good enough. But if I wasn't going to Disney, I would never stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to the Disney Resort Area. I am very sorry we did not exceed your expectations and provide you with a comfortable and relaxing stay. We will be making changes to the hotel over the next couple of years. I do hope you will give us another chance to provide you with the service for which we are often praised for.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had a terrible time during check-in there. The lady who did the check-in process with us was unhappy and seems even angry with us: she did not answer our questions, thrown our credit card and driver license to the table after checking them,... We thought she must hate us, but then she did the same thing to the next customer. When we were checking out (after 2-days' staying), luckily we did not have chance to communicate with her again, but we did see she was doing the same thing to a couple who were doing check-in process. Other folks in this hotel seem to be normal though. Three comments we can provide: (1) Do not select this hotel. The good thing about this hotel is the location. It's indeed very convenient for those who plan to stay a whole day in Disneyland, perhaps just take a few minutes to the entrance. And because of that, the price is relatively expensive. BUT, be aware that there are also other hotels including other Best Western hotels in the same street, one of them is very very close to this hotel. Those hotels, about 3 minutes more walking time toward the entrance of Disneyland Park, offer cheaper price. So think about it, you can save 20+ bucks per day by walking <5 min more... Google maps seem provide more significant walking time (about 30+ min) when we input addresses of the hotels which are near this hotel, and that's why we eventually select this hotel (takes only 5min to the Disneyland Park). But in fact, as we were walking in the street, we realized that 1) it definitely takes less than 30 min (we would say, about or less than 10 min depending on which one you choose), and 2) the street is a very good one that many nice shops and restaurants are around, it's absolutely not a painful thing to walk 5 more minutes. (2) If you insist to stay in this hotel, try not get the lady I am talking about above for your check-in process. I did not know the lady's name but she seems to be indian-blood. You will safe whiling check-in with other folks there though. (3) The sound insulation of the guest rooms are terrible. We could hear very clearly the water flow of neighboring rooms, and sometimes the conversations the neighbors were made.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
3  Thank Dan X
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

I would first like to thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. Your comments will help us address any issues that there may be with our employees. I do apologize if one of our desk agents appeared rude. The situation will definitely be discussed. We hope we will see you again.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Pros: Walk to the front of the property, cross the street and you are at Disney. Nothing closer. All staff is polite and friendly. Although property is older all of the rooms are very clean. This is our go-to place when we travel to Disney. Queen beds and a sofa sleeper make rooms a great option. Rooms have a dorm room fridge and a microwave.

Cons: If I have to find something- water pressure. But honestly I think its an issue at all the hotels on Harbor.

1  Thank Sactotrip
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us during your visits to Disney. Your comments and compliments are appreciated well as your time taken to write a review. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

motel right across street from Disneyland very convenient for visit suites are not sweet but a reason to charge more for room forget the continental breakfast but Dennys and IHOP a few doors down parking is very tight and controlled

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a review. Addressing the suites per another review you wrote: We do have mini-suites not suites. Mini-suites are one large room with a small seperation. Our minisuites are larger than our standard rooms and do hold up to six people. I do apologize if there was any misunderstanding or miscommunication during the reservation process. We hope we will see you again.