“Value, location, cleanliness.”

Ranked #21 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
“Value, location, cleanliness.”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My girl was involved in Dance the Magic. Our schedule was very busy, and a lot of meeting at different places. Our other option was The Grand Disney Hotel. We choose this location because it is right in front of the gate, and the price was right. To our delight the place was exceptionally clean, the breakfast was above our expectation, and the staff was incredibly kind and helpful. The bus stop was in front of the hotel, so coming and going anywhere was also convenient. In our 7 nights stay, our schedule was so full, and snicking in a lot of rides in between meetings, we never have time for the room or pool. The only different between the other place I have mentioned is the surrounding, but the rooms are very similar. I am happy at the decision I have made to stay here and save lots of money for other things like food, gifts, and tours. Thank you BW for making our stay great!

1 Thank Phuong K
Kelly L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a review. I hope your daughter had fun participating in Dance the Magic. I am very pleased we exceeding your expectations and appreciate your comments and compliments. We hope you will stay with us again.

Thank you and take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We recently stayed here for seven nights as part of our LA trip and as per other reviews cannot fault the location as it is basically right at the door step of the entry to the disney theme parks. The room we had was on the third floor close to the front of the hotel and was quiet. The room was clean and their was a small fridge for putting drinks etc in. The beds were comfortable. Only issue is that the bathroom was quite small and their was no sink for brushing your teeth etc other than the one in the main room. Staff over all were very good although the gentlemen on the night desk when we checked in seemed to be a bit bored and uninterested...may have just been a long shift. They provide complimentary breakfast next door at Captain Kidd's upstairs. Most of the reviews that I have read were not overly complimentary but each to their own. The buffet breakfast provided eggs, waffles, potatoes, breakfast meats, donuts, breads and bagels as well as a selection of yogurts, cereals,fruit and hot and cold drinks. A plus is that you are able to take breakfast back to your room so we would stock up on fruit, muffins and yogurts for our day. Would recommend this property for a Disneyland traveler especially those with small kids so that you can come back and rest during the day.

Room Tip: Can be quite noisy with people coming and going. Request a higher level closer to the front of the h...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank runningrugby
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I am very pleased you enjoyed the accommodations, location and breakfast provided. Your comments and compliments are greatly appreciated and we hope you will be able to stay with us again.

Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've stayed at 5 other properties over 10 visits to Disneyland and I have never been as impressed as I was with this one. Large, well-decorated and clean rooms, that offer a comfortable place to stay RIGHT across the street from Disneyland. I am pretty sure this is a shorter walk to the main entrance than the Disneyland Hotel. I can't recommend the Park Place Inn enough!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank swarles33
Kelly L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a review. Your recommendation is very important to us and we greatly appreciate your comments and compliments. It is wonderful reading that we have provided the accommodations and service that makes us stand out over the other properties where you have stayed. We look forward to your next visit.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I brought my daughter and her best friend to Disneyland to celebrate their 16th birthdays and stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in July 2014. I chose this hotel since it was the closest one to the parks with a good price point. It's nothing fancy but it has everything you should need for a good stay. We stayed in a room with a King bed and a sleeper sofa and there was plenty of room for the 3 of us. My daughter's friend slept on the sleeper sofa which wasn't the greatest, but she can sleep anywhere and was exhausted every night from our Disney adventures so had no problems. As an adult, I wouldn't have wanted to have to sleep there. This hotel is directly across from the entry to the Disneyland resort and the hotels there are thin and long - our room was at the very back of the hotel so it seemed that we had to walk as far to get to the front of the hotel as to get from the hotel to the entrance to the 2 parks! It has a small pool which felt wonderful in the heat - not a lot of room there but it was never crowded. There was also a hot tub which we didn't use. There are plenty of lounge chairs surrounding the pool and even a few tables and a couple umbrellas so you could bring your lunch and make a day of it if you wanted to. We arrived very early on our check in day and they didn't have our room ready for us yet but they took my cell phone number and stored our bags and we went off to explore downtown Disney and the surrounding area. The check-in process was very simple. They even called us when our room was ready to check in around 12:30 - now that's service! This hotel is nothing fancy, but it sure met our needs wonderfully. One day we even came back to relax in the middle of the day but our room hadn't been serviced yet and we didn't leave it until around 6 pm so I thought it just would be missed that day, but to my surprise when we returned around midnight, it was clean! About the only thing that wasn't great about this place was the breakfast. There were many things to choose from but I try to stay away from sugar and simple carbs and the breakfast was mainly that. The breakfast buffet was more extensive than most but full of sugar and simple carbs. The eggs were powdered but I managed to choke them down for some protein each day and they would alternate sausages with ham every other day. They also had pastries, hash browns, cold cereal, sweetened yogurt, toast, bagels, cream cheese and juices and coffee. The coffee was truly awful - probably the worst thing about the entire stay. I think it was just instant that had been reconstituted - I have never had worse. The coffee from the in-room coffee maker was better although not the greatest either. The good thing is that there is a Starbucks in both of the Disney parks. Overall I was really pleased with our stay and would recommend it especially since you basically spend all day at the parks. But it is so close that it makes it easy to come back in the middle of the day if you want to. One day I forgot my cell phone back in the room and it was so nice being able to rush back and get it without losing hours of fun time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank minifarm
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope your daughter and her friend had a wonderful birthday celebration. We greatly appreciate all of your comments and compliments, which have provided us with valuable information for improving our service. We hope we will see you again.

Wichita, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have stayed several times at this hotel. It is directly across the street from the shuttle drop at Disneyland. We are able to walk back to the room a rest in the afternoon, returning in time for the parade and the cooler temperatures of the evening. The suite is comfortable, clean and as all the essentials. The staff is helpful and extends the positive experience that Disney provides. This is an annual trip and very enjoyable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kelly L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and taking the time to write a review. We enjoy having you stay with us and appreciate your comments and compliments. We look forward to your next visit.

Bow, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2014

A nice hotel situated right at the crosswalk to the Disneyland entrance! Customer service was outstanding with Antoinette during check-in. She searched to find us adjoining suites. We didn't expect this perk---nor did I realize how valuable it would turn out to be! (cousins who only see one another once or twice a year had fun being so close) Rooms were clean and our 2 queen suite was adequate size for two adults and two teen girls. Small fridge was not turned on (so took a while to cool our bottles of water) but had a small freezer compartment. The adjoining suite (grandma, sister-in-law, two teen girls) did not have the freezer area. No issues with outside noise at all during the night. (we went to bed after 11:30pm each night though) Complimentary breakfast is located next door at Captain Kidd's upstairs. I've never read a good review of Captain Kidd's, but the hotel breakfast was fine. Eggs, waffles, potatoes, breakfast meat (sausage/ham rotation), donuts, bread/bagels (only one 4 slice toaster led to back-ups), yogurt, cereal, oranges/bananas/apples, juice/milk/water/coffee. Great, easy start to our days. I highly recommend this property for a Disneyland traveler.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I will pass on your comments to Antoinette. Thank you for sharing how she helped make your stay memorable. I do apologize that the refrigerator was not on when you checked in. I will pass on a reminder to housekeeping to make sure everything is functioning in the room before the room is reported ready. Thank you for your comments, compliments, and recommendation. We hope to see you again.

Springfield, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our family went on a trip with my sister and her family and our parents. The hotel was awesome, so close to Disneyland we easily took breaks from the park to relax at the pool. The beds were very comfortable so we were ready for the busy days at the park. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit Disneyland!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kelly L, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take advantage of the pool. Your comments and compliments are much appreciated and we hope to see you again.