We chose this hotel solely for location and in that regard it did not disappoint! We were so glad to be so close to Disneyland during our stay there!
Now having said that, there are lots of things about the hotel that are less than perfect:
- The continental breakfast never changes...it would be nice to even see a different cereal once in a while! The continental breakfast certainly is adequate though. There should be warming racks for the toast and bagels or a spot for people to cook their own so they don't have to eat cold toast each morning or stand there waiting for a fresh piece to be put out.
- The rooms are dated. The bedding, furniture, room color, etc. could definitely use some updating.
- Shampoo, soap, etc was not replaced when the room was cleaned. I had to request more shampoo from the front desk. Housekeeping staff should replace those items if they are used up each day when they clean the room. The actual cleaning though seemed to be quite adequate and the cleaning staff were very good about coming at a time that was suitable for us to do the cleaning.
- Our room smelled. Close to the bathroom area it smelled of smoke. We were never sure if the previous guests had smoked, if the guests in the adjoining room were smoking or if the room backing on to ours had smokers in it. We were in a non-smoking room, and the rooms on each side of ours and below ours were non-smoking. We did realize that room backing onto ours was a smoking room so that might be the problem. Would recommend asking to be far away from any smoking rooms. The smell though was more than just smoke, the room just did not smell good.
- The bathroom fan was so loud it caused the whole bathroom to vibrate. We were so busy each day, that we never asked for maintenance to repair it, but the fan goes on automatically when the light is turned on, so housekeeping would have been aware of it, and nothing was ever done. I did mention it when we checked out, so hopefully it was repaired for the next guest.
- The internet was flakey. We had to do some business work in the evenings, and we found the internet connection in our room to be very intermittent, which was frustrating, because we wanted to spend as little time as possible doing work!
- We didn't use any of the other hotel amenities like the pool, laundry room, etc.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION - We were so grateful that we put up with some inconveniences (like a suite with no separation from the living/bedroom area, quite a small square footage area, a bathroom vanity area that is open the the bedroom/living room area) to be so close to Disney. I can't imagine having to wait for a shuttle bus, or walk a long distance to a hotel after a long day there. More than once, some of family stayed at the hotel and joined us later at Disney.
So if you plan to spend your entire days and evenings at Disney, and are just looking for a place to sleep this is a great hotel to stay at. If you plan to spend much time there, I would definitely pick another location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn and Mini Suites is located at the pedestrian crosswalk for the "Happiest Place on Earth". We offer a gift shop, 24 -hour front desk, and an outdoor heated pool and hot tub. Outdoor parking is also available for one vehicle per room, at nominal rate of $10 per night, with the benefit of parking up until 3:00 pm the day of departure. Start your morning off right with a complimentary breakfast. Enjoy a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, and free Wi-Fi in your room. Book a stay today at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn and Mini Suites for a magical and unforgettable trip to Disneyland(R)! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Mini Hotel Anaheim
- Best Western Plus Park Place Inn And Mini Suites
- Best Western Anaheim
- Best Western In Anaheim Ca
- Best Western Park Place Inn Anaheim California
- Anaheim Best Western
- Best Western Park Place Inn Mini Suite
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites Anaheim, California