“Great Location”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #16 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We loved the location of the Best Western Park Place Inn. Right across the street from Disneyland!! The walk to and from the park just can't be beat. The room we were in was a mini-suite. Good size, very clean.
Parking at this motel is very tight. If you leave in your car, you may have a hard time finding a spot on your return, but they also allow you to keep your car there for a few extra hours after check out.
Breakfast is served above the neighboring restaurant. Bagels, muffins, boiled eggs, juice, cereal, milk. I believe this is pretty standard for this area of Anaheim.
Had one issue with the toilet that maintenance needed to fix. They did a great job. Room was usually cleaned while we were at the park in the AM. One day it wasn't, so we just had the maid leave clean towels and garbage sacks. We were napping and didn't want to interrupt our kids!
Swimming pool is very plain. Rather small for crowded summer afternoons, but a good place for the kids to cool off.
All in all, it was a great place to stay.
We had a AAA discount, so it was a good value, too.

1  Thank fronkfam
Write a ReviewReviews (2,860)

Reviewed 5 October 2009

Yes, this hotel was a great value and great location. Free parking, walk to disneyland. Continental breakfast was okay. I asked for an updated room on the phone and when we arrived and was told, "all the rooms are updated." The carpet and bedspread were very unattractive and the furnished were dated. They room had a dark feel to it. The bathroom was updated and clean. The bed was comfortable, which means a lot. The staff were not especially friendly nor particularly helpful. I think, as the name of the hotel implies, Park Place, they think they have the prime location, which they do but don't have to do much else to get by. I will stay at another hotel along Harbor Blvd. the next time I go. There is a McDonald's nearby which I would go to rather than the free continental breakfast furnished by the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2009

The check-in staff /clerk was ok, but without asking us (she) made a copy of my drivers license to keep on file. Verifying my identity is ok, but I do not want my personal information (photo and license number…) in a hotel file that anyone can access. She told me that the police required this. I didn’t believe it. In fact, my credit card company told me it’s against the rules, retailers should never ask for ID because it contains sensitive personal information. I was surprised to hear this because it’s very common when paying with a credit card for cashiers to ask for photo ID. I travel often and no hotel has ever taken my license . They did give it back to me at check out after expressing my concern. I am going to look more into this matter. This is not a very upscale hotel, just like most of the hotels on Harbor Dr. The hotel has a “motel feel” and sometimes at night I didn’t feel safe, but the place is packed with middle class families. Lots of people walking even at night.
Free parking (alley way) is terrible. The décor is old, dark and dirty. However, the rooms are large and our bathroom was new. The breakfast is very substandard but free. No car, no problem because you can walk to Disneyland, a big plus. Again the staff was nice but I was disappointed and looking for something more upscale
Does not measure up to Best Western standards.

Reviewed 30 August 2009

We got mini suite for 105 bucks .Hotel was exactly across the main gate to DL.
Rooms were clean and comfy.We had good stay.

2  Thank faraonka
Reviewed 17 July 2009

Walk right across the street. True as stated. Nice hotel and staff, clean. Just to be certain though, call a few days before you arrive and RE-CONFIRM your reservation, even if you THINK your are confimed. Had I not done this, we may have not had a room upon arrival. They could "not find' our reservation. I had wanted to pay in advance and was not allowed to. I called the night before again just to play it safe. All was ok. The only minor complaint, the pool was small, noisey and full of kids!;) But, Disneyland was our destination for nearly all times that we were there so not an issue. There are much nicer places to stay within 1 or 2 blocks from there, but the location is tops. No car needed! Just walk. Easy!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Just a short walk across the street from Disneyland!! No shuttle buses, no waiting, just walk!! Very convenient. Even at night, no waiting for shuttle buses, just walk across the street!! The "free" continental breakfast was OK, just muffins, cereal and drinks, but that's all you need to feed young kids in the morning. We also enjoyed the small pool, with a great jacuzzi!! The room was very clean, there were no problems with our sink or shower. My daughter really enjoys soaking in the tub, so it was excellent that the tub was sparkling clean! The room comes with a nice TV, microwave, and refrigerator, which was really good to keep drinks cold and snacks fresh or leftovers safe. If you use the wake-up call, it is automated in the morning, but the front desk calls you a little later also, to be sure you got the wake-up call OK! That was good. The front desk staff could be better, they were not as friendly as I would normally expect. We had a ground floor room, that was good so we didn't have to walk upstairs. Parking is crowded, but we did get a stall right in front of our room.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank diceguy68
Reviewed 16 July 2009

we arrived at 7:30 in the morning and the hotel was cram packed so we could not get a room right away,but the staff allowed us to eat breakfast while we waited. When we did get a room it was right above the pool, no complaints there we could still sleep even during the day. The rooms were very spacious with four adults we could walk around easily. Breakfast was great however the tables and floors were very sticky on a daily basis we took things to clean our own tables. Hotel wasRight across the street to Disneyland. Not enough parking for bigger rigs like F350 we had to take two spaces which they did not like at all but could not accomodate us with anything better. But above all I will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends