“Best Location for Disneyland”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Denver, Colorado
“Best Location for Disneyland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2009

Our family has traveled to Disneyland a lot and we have stayed at 2 of the 3 Disney hotels as well as 3 separate Non-Disney hotels. This hotel has our vote for the best location at any price. Now if I had the extra budget I would stay at the Disneyland Hotel again but this hotel saves money and walking. It is literally across the street from the entrance. The rooms are a good size and the breakfast is fine. The people at the breakfast were helpful. When they noticed I needed help they got a small box for me without my asking so I could carry some breakfast back to our room. Parking space was tight but ok. I want to mention that Disneyland for Halloween is awsome! great decorations that rival the Christmas decor and a fabulous Halloween fireworks show complete with Jack Skellington via shadow on a full moon and flying Zero in lieu of Tink. Very high energy rock concert style show that was quite different from the usual show. We go to Disney in California and Florida quite a bit if anyone wants some tips feel free to contact me by clicking send message below this review I will help where I can.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
5 Thank ColoradoFamilyDenver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2009

This hotel gets a five star review from me for one and only one reason: it's the closest hotel to the front gate of Disneyland. Period. You cannot stay in a closer hotel. The Disneyland hotel itself is twice as far. If you hit the crosswalk just right, you are in the park in less than five minutes.

We spent three nights here in October, and because of our approach to park touring, we loved it. We arrived in late afternoon on a Saturday, and were greeted by their parking lot security guy... amiable enough, and as soon as we checked in, we drove back to a spot near our room. We booked through BestWestern.com on their "Speed Rewards" rate, and everything on our reservation was attended to, including our request for a "quieter" room, which gave us a first floor room toward the back of the hotel. It's all outside entry, and there isn't really a good way to walk to the back except through the parking lot (watch for the speed bumps!) The king room was pseudo-Polynesian in style, and set up in the now standard "half wall" "suite" setup. Everything worked: fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, AC blows cold and produces an acceptable, constant white noise to sleep to. Only 20ish TV channels, but that's not what we were there for... we were there to go next door!

The one oddity about our room was that, with our shoes off, you could tell that there was some sort of groove in the the floor, as if a wall had been removed from the concrete foundation. Maybe in the process of suite-ification, some walls were moved.

Free breakfast is on the second floor of the Captain Cook's restaurant next door. You get your basic cold breakfast items, plus biscuits/gravy and do-it-yourself oatmeal. If you go early, you're fine. It gets a bit crowded later on in the morning.

What we were looking for was a place to crash whenever we weren't at the park. The Park Place is the place for that.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Redbeard25
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

The location excellent. You will not get any closer without staying right in the Disneyland resort. We walked across the street to the park entrance.
BIG downside is the hotel is not that nice. The rooms are the old style, nothing new or updated. Free breakfast is only pastries and cereal. Eating area is very crowded in the mornings and it's hard to find somewhere to sit. I would not stay here again.
We changed hotels partway through our week (to a hotel by Hilton, Garden Inn and Suites, something like that). It was about the same price but GORGEOUS! The rooms were huge with a kitchen and corner couch and a separate bedroom. The free breakfast was a full hot breakfast. We took the Disney shuttle to the park which was very convenient.
I would choose a nicer hotel then one closest to the park next time for sure

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank islandatheart
Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

It's very hard to list what 'went wrong' at this hotel....we have stayed there before and always had a restful experience, but this time many little comments, side-remarks, and obvious attitude of the front desk staff (among the four we encountered) makes me very hesitant to return and stay here again. I was not asking for any upgrades, changes, or special considerations, all the attitude I experienced was just in a simple check-in with prior reservations; a question about parking; and check out.

The location can't be beat, and the rooms are generally clean and well-kept. Everything in the room worked, there were sufficient towels for two or three people, and no obvious damage to the furnishings, rugs, or anything that would make a customer take notice.

The location is just across the street from Disney, and I understand this hotel is very busy, they see hundreds or thousands of people every day, so every customer is basically just another face to them. I'm not looking for red-carpet service, but some honest and thoughtful interaction would be welcome. Being directly across the street, you'd hope some of the personal skills Disney usually does so well would have found it's way to this hotel, but sadly that doesn't seem to have happened.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank flayrah
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

This is our third stay at this hotel right across the street from Disneyland, literally. Walk there in two minutes. Suite has microwave, small fridge, coffee maker. Great for families, but book early it fills up fast. Includes continental breakfast in restaurant next door. Parking in front of your door.

Pros: 2 minute walk to Disneyland across the street. Saves heaps of money. Front dest helpfull and friendly. Bus stop in front of door leads to plaza with Von's (Safeway) and a dynamite Mexican restaurant with authentic Mexican Cuisine and great coffee. This hotel is to sleep and eat and then go to Disneyland. Save time and money.

Cons: Toilet backed up last two times we stayed there. Messy! Fix it crew came quickly, but the cleaners literally wiped the floor with towels. Yuck! Had to get front desk to come and send cleaning crew back to scrub floor with soap. Rained in February. Small space for active children. No frills hotel, but since it's across the street when it rains -- walk back. Do not go in rainy season. Californian's don't cope well in the rain and the hotel room can be down right oppresive after four hours of rain. This is a Best Western not a Hilton.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank CommittedCruiser
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2009

I had read many reviews of places to stay in the disney area. With 3 kids we knew we'd be tired and wanted somewhere close and not have the hassle of waiting for a shuttle. There are many places walking distance, but this hotel can't be beat. The staff was polite and fast. Our room was clean (that was my main concern overall). The breakfast was good. The pool is on the small side, but we were not there to swim, However it was nice to cool off at the end of a hot afternoon and get refreshed and rejuvenated for another venture to the parks for the evening. All in all I would definately go back!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank happymama3219
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

I think I might not be the best reviewer because it seems I like everything! I'm just always so thrilled to be on holidays that I have a hard time thinking of bad things to say. That being said, I do my research before I book somewhere, so I know why I'm booking a certain place and what to expect.

The reasons for booking this particular hotel for our 4 day trip to Disneyland were:
1. Location to parks.
2. Breakfast included
3. It is a Best Western and since our whole trip was done on Air Miles this place could be booked using those.

Location, as mentioned in other reviews, is the best available. After reading some of the reviews on this site I kind of expected the included breakfast to be a couple of sorry looking muffins sitting beside a stale pot of coffee. This was not the case! Maybe some people don't understand what's meant by "continental breakfast". This refers to the European custom (i.e. "the continent") of eating nothing more than a roll or croissant with a cup of coffee for breakfast, as opposed to the English breakfast (not "the continent"), which would include eggs, sausages, toast, etc. So this was a continental breakfast, exactly as advertised. Included were: boiled eggs, toasted bagels, 3 kinds of donuts, 2 kinds of muffins, two kinds of toast, apples and oranges, biscuits and gravy (huh? what's that? this is not a breakfast item we were familiar with!), milk, juice, coffee and tea, and 4 kinds of cereal. A continental European would probably gag if they saw this orgy of carbo-loading. But it worked for us, made it simple to get going quickly in the morning as they start serving at 6:30. We always grabbed a couple of extra apples for a snack for later on in the morning.

As far as the rooms, I guess they were a little older, and they were dark, but they were clean, and all we did was sleep there. We never even looked for the pool, because that's not what we were there for, so I can't comment on that. I felt service was good, we arrived quite late in the evening and were checked in really quickly, and the front desk staff was really helpful helping me resolve a little airport shuttle issue I had. My one complaint was - no bottle opener in the room! How weird is that? I had to take my beer (and if you're not having a beer after 8 hours at Disneyland with an 8-year old, than you are a better woman than me!) down to the front desk to have it opened. So after that I bought one at the little gift shop next door (which also sells beer and wine, by the way!)

So, we are hoping to go back in a couple of years on Air Miles again, and would hope to stay here again. My advice to any traveller is figure out why you are going somewhere and what is most important to you on your trip , then do your research and book your accommodation accordingly. Then you'll love everywhere you go as much as I do!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family