“Closest to the Park and very nice!”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #18 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Everytime we go to Disneyland in Anaheim, we stay at Best Western Park Place Inn. This hotel is one of the clearnest we've been to in the area. What is also wonderful is that it is literally right across the street from Disneyland. Walk out the doors of the front desk, cross the crosswalk, and you're there! This makes coming to and from Disneyland a lot easier. No going to your car (and paying for parking) or waiting for a shuttle.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsSharkBait
BWParkPlace, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2010

Thank you for taking time to rate and recommend our property to others. We are very pleased that you enjoy our property. If there is anything we can do to improve for a future stay, please let us know.
Thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2010

Booked a free night stay at Best Western Park Place Inn (Hooray for Stay 2 nights, get 1 night free promo!) for a quick 2 day trip to Disneyland. I arrived at 10 am and had absolutely no problems checking in HOURS early. I didn't expect to be able to check in early at all - I thought I'd just ask the hotel to hold my luggage while I headed off to Disneyland until check in time. When I approached the counter I was checked in without any mention of normal check in time or that they were doing me a favor. I was also able to check my luggage after check out while I spent the 2nd day at Disneyland. Service was very good and much appreciated. The gal at the gift shop was very personable and accommodating.
The outside of the hotel had more of a motel feel than a hotel, but it wasn't a problem for me at all. The room was adequate, I had no complaints. The location, as mentioned, is directly across from the Disneyland Main Gate. Ultra convenient. I didn't take advantage of the complimentary breakfast at Captain Kidds. I did, however, use an online eClub coupon for Mimi's Cafe and get a fantastic dinner. I recommend signing up for their eClub prior to your Disneyland visit.
I felt secure and comfortable during my stay at the Best Western Park Place Inn and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our property and recommending us to others.. We wish to make every guests stay enjoyable and comfortable. i am very happy that you enjoyed our property, location and service.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2010

We stayed at this hotel the second week of October with my family (three adults and two toddlers) The location of this hotel is wonderful to Disneyland park, and the front desk staff was very professional, however, I have a could of things to say--the parking at this hotel was not very good, and you are truly limited to one space so--if you have friends who live in the area that want to visit, they will only allow them to park there if the hotel is not booked (which it usually is due to the good value), and even if they do, it is only for a very short amount of time. The rate was decent for the location, however, the rooms are also dated, and while serviced daily, the floor did not seem very clean.

The other issues I had was that our keys kept getting demagnitized so we had to get new keys periodically, the housekeeping staff didn't seem to have a place to put their housekeeping carts--so they were left in the hallways near the elevator at the building in the back (that we were located in) which crowded the area significantly (difficult if you are trying to roll luggage or strollers through) and when we had called for extra pillows it took nearly four hours and three phone calls. Breakfast was okay--however, if you have small kids with a stroller, there is no elevator to the eating area at Captain Kidds, and it's not very easy to bring food back to your room as the plates that are provided are tiny.

HOWEVER, if all you are looking for a quiet place to sleep, like most families, for a good price, this is a good place to stay. Noise was not an issue for our room, we could not hear anyone outside or in the other rooms. The refrigerator was also a decent size.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
BWParkPlace, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2010

Aloha,
Thank you for your review of our property. I am very sorry you had some issues with our property. Having to wait for hours and place 3 phone calls to receive extra pillows is not acceptable. I do also apologize for your keys demagnitizing. Hotel key cards are very sensitive. When kept next to cell phones or credit cards, they can become demagnitized.
We do wish we could improve the parking. We did install the parking gates and started charging for parking to deter non guests so our guests would have a place to park. Being directly across from the main entrance does make our parking lot a temptation for non guests. We do try to accomodate visitors for a couple of hours but we do have to limit the time.
The housekeeping carts are left outside certain areas until they are reloaded for the following day. They should not be left out overnight. We will make sure that they are not blocking or making access to guests rooms difficult.
We are continuously renovating or updating the rooms. Every six months we address something in the rooms whether it is the bedding, furniture, painting, carpet, etc.

I am glad that you found your stay enjoyable overall. We greatly appreciate all reviews and use them to help us improve our service for our guests. You have provided us with some valuable information and I do thank you. We do hope to see you back soon.

Mahalo

Reviewed 25 October 2010

I just got back from a week long trip and stayed at several hotels during our trip and this was by far the best hotel I have stayed at when coming to California. They have some of the best customer service, great location, and rooms were excellent and the beds were very comfortable. The staff for the hotel does an excellent jobs!!! I would not go anywhere else when I come back to California!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
BWParkPlace, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2010

Thank you very much for the absolutely wonderful review of our property. We strive to provide exceptional service to all of our guests. We are extremely pleased when we have been informed that we hit the mark. It is rewarding to know that our efforts, to continuously improve our customer service, are working.
Thank you again and we hope to see you very soon.

Take care,

Reviewed 19 October 2010

Service--Excellent! Rooms very clean and spacious. Location couldn't be any closer. We spent five nights and had a very comfortable and quiet/ relaxing time. One issue appeared and the management was more than prompt and generous to satisfy our complaint. We had left two items there at checkout and were notified by phone of these items. Our suggestion to them was to toss the items because it would be more costly to ship than the value. One week later we received the two items in the mail, postage paid by the motel. This place went above and beyond the call of duty!! We will be back!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Blair5896
BWParkPlace, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2010

Thank you very much for your ratings, review and recommendation to others. We hope to see you again soon.

Take care.

Reviewed 18 October 2010

This is our third stay here. 5 minute walk to Disney. Nice, clean, and roomy. Staff is friendly. Breakfast room was always busy while we were there. People waiting around for tables. We always got there early enough for a table. Breakfast was simple but that's ok. We'll definitely come back again.

• Stayed: October 2010

Thank you for your review and recommendation to others. We hope to see you again soon.

Take care.

Reviewed 13 October 2010

We stayed in this hotel because it was across the street from Disneyland. We were in Anaheim when the temperature reached 110 degrees. It was wonderful to go back to the hotel and cool off. The hottest day we went back three times. The room was very nice. My daughter and I each had our own queen bed. It had a couch that could be made into a bed but we didn't need that. The included breakfast was not great. We have had better at other Best Westerns. For the convenience and price I would totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank KBarkley
BWParkPlace, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2010

Thank you for your review of our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry the breakfast was not satisfactory. If you have time, please let us know what would have made it better for you.
We are always striving to improve our guests' experiences. Your input would be very valuable.

Thank you and we hope to see you again.