“Clean, amazingly convenient location, and the staff was great to us”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites
Ranked #22 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Seattle, Washington
“Clean, amazingly convenient location, and the staff was great to us”
Reviewed 9 December 2010

We make our annual trek to Disneyland...well...every year. While staying on Disney property is immersive, we just don't see the value in spending top dollar on a room we are rarely in. We decided that for this year's extended trip (10 nights!) we would give an off property hotel a shot.

The staff was great, and very accommodating. The housekeeping service didn't skip a beat. If anything, they were almost too eager to make up our room each morning, so we quickly got accustomed to using the 'please do not disturb' sign as after a long day walking at Disneyland, it's nice to sleep later than 8 AM. And what's really great is as even though we lingered each day, our room was spotless each night when we returned.

The location really can't be beat, and it's actually a much shorter walk to Disneyland than from most of the on-site Disney hotels. The breakfast in the mornings was adequate, although it is disassembled fairly early. We were able to take advantage of it maybe half the days we stayed. Yes, the variety could be better from day to day, but it's free, and more than enough to fuel your tank and get you on your way into the park (for us, anyway).

Our room faced Harbor Avenue but the traffic noise wasn't oppressive; we got used to it. The rooms are a little dated and could probably stand a remodel at some point, but who cares...they were clean and again, did I mention the location? The beds were not the most comfortable I've ever slept in, but that is largely due to the fact that my husband and I are used to sleeping in a queen sized bed at home, and we were stuck in a double together for 10 nights.

All in all, I really have no complaints about this little hotel. If I can reiterate, the staff is excellent and the location can't be beat. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
BWParkPlace, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 16 December 2010
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and kind words. We are very happy that you chose our property for your stay and we would be very happy to have you back again. For your comfort on a return visit, perhaps you will be able take advantage of our minisuite which is 2 queens plus a queen sleeper sofa.

Wishing your family the best during this Holiday Season.

Take Care

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed 17 November 2010

We have stayed at several of the Motels that are "right across the street" from Disneyland over the past several years. This was our 2nd stay at the Best Western Park Place, and I have to say, I will probably not stay anywhere else again when we travel to Disneyland. This Motel is truly the closest to the entrance to Disneyland (and at 10:00 pm at night that is great) ~ and they offer everything that a family needs for comfortable lodging. The rooms are clean (even the carpet, as my white socks barely got dirty walking around). The beds are very comfortable. The bedding is nice as are the towels in the bathroom (thick and soft). It is pretty quiet (as much as a motel with hundreds of families can be). There is a good refrigerator and microwave in the room ~ as well as a single serve coffee maker. Also a huge plus is the continental breakfast in the restaurant next door. Nothing fancy, but the coffee is good and they offer cereal, juices, bagels, toast & sweet rolls, as well as hard boiled eggs for some protein. This is a great convenience when you are trying to get your family over to Disneyland by 8:00 am.
The service was fantastic and friendly. This Best Western was a good value also ~ under $90 for a room with 2 double beds. I mean I might stay here just because the location is the absolute BEST, but the motel itself is too. The only thing I would consider when looking at this motel is the swimming pool. It is small for a motel pool. However, our kids swam in it and had a good time.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank TravilinMom
BWParkPlace, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 19 November 2010
Thank you for the wonderful review and recommendation. Our guests are extremely important to us. We do understand the importance of "word of mouth" as many of our guests find us based on recommendations from past or frequent guests. I am very pleased we met all of your needs and received a 5/5 on all rating factors. It definitely helps us understand on what we should keep doing to make our guests' stays exceptional.
We hope to see you again soon.

Take care.
Castlegar BC Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Let me start by saying, I am a travel agent and have stayed and toured many hotels. I booked this hotel 5 months in advance for my husband and 5yr old and 7yr old. I re-confirmed the reservation twice before we arrived to find the only rooms available had only one bed. The person checking us in did not seem to understand why 4 of us could not sleep in one bed for a week and explained that we could be on the waitlist for 2 beds, but it would probably take several days. As a travel agent I understand that Requests are just that and cannot be guaranteed, however; they cannot expect you to sleep 4 people in one bed. This reservation was a prepaid nonrefundable rate and I asked to speak to the person in charge to get our money back,so we could stay somewhere else. The person in charge was in the back room having a heated discussion with her boyfriend that we could all hear. Anyway, they could have cared less about us. I did get me money back and went next door the the Tropicana, and their customer service was fantastic and the room was clean and had 2 beds. I will no longer offer this hotel to my clients and have emailed all of my travel agent contacts so they wont either.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank 7782
Thank you for addressing your concerns. All reviews help us improve our service to our guests. I would like to take a moment and hopefully clear up some of the issues you mentioned.
When a reservation is made through a third party prepay site such as Expedia, Walt Disney Travel or Get Away Today, to name a few, you are correct that requests are not guaranteed. You are always much better off calling a property directly if you wish to be guaranteed certain bedding options.
When reserving a standard room on a third party site, the sites do mention that a standard room is either a room with one king bed and a sleeper sofa or two full (double) beds. Both of these do accomodate 4 people.
If you made your reservation as a advanced full prepay directly on the Best Western website, you personally selected the room type you wished to be in and were provided with that room type.
The room you stayed in was a room with one King and a sleeper, comfortably accomodating a family with two adults and two children. As a travel agent I am sure you are aware that hotels do try their absolute best to accomodate guests' requests but in sold out situations it is not always possible. If a room with two full size beds had been available we would have gladly moved you to the room.
As far as an employee having a heated discussion with her boyfriend in the back office; this is not tolerated and would have resulted in disciplinary action.
I am very sorry your stay was not enjoyable. I do wish you would give us another chance to show you what our service and hotel is really like. I understand if you are not happy at check in it can ruin the perception of the rest of your stay and of the employees.
If you would be willing to give us another try, please call the hotel directly so we can ensure you receive the room that would best accommodate your needs.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2010

We first stayed at Best Western Park Place Inn & Mini Suites in 2006 and did not hesitate to stay here again this time. The best thing is that it is directly across the road from Disneyland (a 5 min walk to the gate). The rooms are clean and spacious. There is a full size fridge and free internet. Breakfast at Captain Kidds next door was ok. Not a lot of variety - cereals, juice, fruit, donuts and bagels - but it's free! Also, there are laundry faciliites near the pool which is also handy. There is parking for a small fee per day and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. If you are planning a trip to Disneyland, this is definitely the best place to stay!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Seattle
Reviewed 11 November 2010

Everything was great here. Some people might say the rooms are a bit old & shabby looking, but for the price I paid, I think it was a terrific. (And I even slept on the couch there, every night!)

Our room was bigger than your average hotel room. Never a problem with elevators working. Never a problem finding parking. Free breakfast was your typical, adequate, basic, maybe a tiny bit better than average. Internet access worked. Staff was extremely helpful & friendly. But LOCATION was supremo with Disneyland right across the street!

All in all, magnificent for the price. (Actually, whenever there are no bedbugs, I am pleased). Just don't expect a palace or a breakfast feast, and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
BWParkPlace, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 13 November 2010
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our property and recommend us to others. "Word of mouth" is extremely important to us. We are always extremely happy when we receive a 5/5 rating on all ratings. It tells us we are definitely moving in the right direction. We do hope to see you again soon.

Take care.
Surprise, AZ
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Everytime we go to Disneyland in Anaheim, we stay at Best Western Park Place Inn. This hotel is one of the clearnest we've been to in the area. What is also wonderful is that it is literally right across the street from Disneyland. Walk out the doors of the front desk, cross the crosswalk, and you're there! This makes coming to and from Disneyland a lot easier. No going to your car (and paying for parking) or waiting for a shuttle.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MsSharkBait
BWParkPlace, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 10 November 2010
Thank you for taking time to rate and recommend our property to others. We are very pleased that you enjoy our property. If there is anything we can do to improve for a future stay, please let us know.
Thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Take care
Newcastle, Wa
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Booked a free night stay at Best Western Park Place Inn (Hooray for Stay 2 nights, get 1 night free promo!) for a quick 2 day trip to Disneyland. I arrived at 10 am and had absolutely no problems checking in HOURS early. I didn't expect to be able to check in early at all - I thought I'd just ask the hotel to hold my luggage while I headed off to Disneyland until check in time. When I approached the counter I was checked in without any mention of normal check in time or that they were doing me a favor. I was also able to check my luggage after check out while I spent the 2nd day at Disneyland. Service was very good and much appreciated. The gal at the gift shop was very personable and accommodating.
The outside of the hotel had more of a motel feel than a hotel, but it wasn't a problem for me at all. The room was adequate, I had no complaints. The location, as mentioned, is directly across from the Disneyland Main Gate. Ultra convenient. I didn't take advantage of the complimentary breakfast at Captain Kidds. I did, however, use an online eClub coupon for Mimi's Cafe and get a fantastic dinner. I recommend signing up for their eClub prior to your Disneyland visit.
I felt secure and comfortable during my stay at the Best Western Park Place Inn and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our property and recommending us to others.. We wish to make every guests stay enjoyable and comfortable. i am very happy that you enjoyed our property, location and service.
We hope to see you again soon.

Take care