“Great Location”

Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Langley City, Canada
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel from February 14th to the 21st. I really loved the location of the hotel and the friendliness of the front desk staff. We had a little problem with our phone in the room. It would ring just once on random which would wake us up in the middle of the night. We told a young man at the front desk about it and they seemed to fix it right away (only happened one other time after that). Also, we found blood on my husband's pillow our first morning there (was probably too tired to notice it before sleeping on it the previous night). We left a note for the cleaning staff to change it which they did. I think it would have been nice have received a little apology note or something from the front desk staff (because someone else's blood on your pillow is kinda gross) but no such thing happened. The only other comment I have is that where our room was situated was quite noisy (first floor - near the parking lot). Just typical of a motel though, kids screaming/crying in the morning as they walk in the parking lot, people talking, car alarms, etc. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again but would try to request a different room next time.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lisa5912
BWParkPlace, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 5 March 2011
Thank you for your review of our property. All reviews provide us with insight as to how we can better improve our service to our guests. I am very sorry there was blood on your pillow. I am also disappointed to read this because it should have never been placed in the room. It is unfortunate that the front desk was not made aware of the situation. However it does show us that to better serve our guests that we may need to improve the communication between departments.

I am happy to see that this incident would not prevent you from staying with us again. We would like a chance to make up for this mistake.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

Just returned to Washington State on 2/20/11 from 4-night stay at this Hotel (3-days at Disneyland). This was our 4th trip in the last 6-years with our boy/girl twins (they are 10 now), and our 4th different Hotel. This was the best so far and we will be back again, especially if their rates continue to be reasonable. Like everyone else already has said, it is not a 4 or 5-star Hotel but you just can't beat the location. It's a little rundown and we had a couple of issues but nothing major. The hide-a-beds are terribly uncomfortable but all we did was ask the front desk for some extra padding and they brought us up an actual additional mattress to put on top. This prevented us from putting the bed back into couch mode but we did not care because we were going strong at D-land for 3-days and only used the room for rest and sleep anyway. The only other issue we had was that the rooms are not very well insulated and the door was not sealed very good so there was a lot noise coming into our room from load kids late at night and a little street noise. Again, nothing major and most of the adults just put ear-plugs in. We thought the staff was extremely nice. We chose not to have our room serviced 1-day and someone from the front desk took the time to call us in the evening and said "I see that your room was not serviced today, can we get you anything like fresh towels or toiletries?" This is such a simple thing but something that we really appreciated and the kind of action that we will remember. There was 6 of us in this 1-room (2-adults and 2-kids) and we thought it was just fine. Again, all we used it for was rest. We thought the complimentary breakfast was great. Biscuits and gravy (not the best but still filling), hard-boiled eggs, 5 or 6 different cereals to choose from, doughnuts, pastries, apples, oranges, toast, bagels, coffee, OJ. It goes from 6:30am to 9:30am and it gets crowded by around 7:30 but we still thought this was a great feature. A great way to start the day and get some food in our bellies without having to stop at a restaurant and order something or spend a ton more money inside D-land. We will be back within the next 1 to 1 1/2-years and this will be the first Hotel we look at booking.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank bsritter
BWParkPlace, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 25 February 2011
Thank you for your review of our property. It is very important for us to hear both the positives and negatives so we can continue providing the services that our guests appreciate and to make improvements where needed.

We definitely look forward to you staying with us again and exceeding your expectations when you stay with us.

Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

This hotel is in a terrific location close to Disneyland.

The breakfast was fairly poor, with cold eggs not hot, and some product called '2 per cent' milk that tasted repulsive. Oh for some fresh milk from Victoria, Australia!

Other than that, the hotel was acceptable and keenly priced.

1 Thank EpicGuy43
Thank you for your review of our property. While you found our hotel pleasant, I am sorry you did not enjoy the breakfast. It is a continental breakfast offering hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bagels, toast and other pastries, cereals, oatmeal, fruits and assorted beverages.
All reviews do help us to look for ways to improve our service to our guests and your comments will be helpgul in identifying points where we can improve.

Thank you and we hope to see you in the future.
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

Good staff. Room & breakfast better than many of similar hotels across the street from Disneyland. My only complaints are bathroom fan was barely effective and the air conditioner's coolest temp was 69 degrees. All of us thought the room was too warm and stuffy; we had it running the entire time and opened the window when we could. It was cooler outside than inside the duration of the trip. This makes me concerned about what happens when the weather is hot.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that your enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding the AC unit, it does not go below 69 degrees, otherwise the unit would freeze up. When it is below 69 degrees outside, rooms can first seem stuffy when entering. However it is just like home units; if it is 65 degrees outside most likely the home air is not going to be turned on to match the outside temperature. Even if it feels a little warm when entering the home. When it is cooler outside we recommend the fan setting to bring the cooler air in and circulate the air. During the summer season 69 degrees does make the room very comfortable

We do hope you will stay with us again soon and let us provide you with a memorable vacation
St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

In the past 7 years we have been to Disneyland 3 times and each time we stayed here. This time we were there Jan. 27-31, 2011. I was happy to find the same manager is still there, and especially happy to find our room immaculate and in fact, cleaner than some far more expensive properties that we have stayed at in the past 5 years. While many places state location to be accross the street from Disneyland, you can still end up walking a fair distance or taking a shuttle. With this motel, you are only a few minutes walk from the main gate and it is very safe because there are always people around even if you come back late at night after the fire-works. Being so close also allows for taking a break out of the park mid-day (breaks it up nicely). The suite we were in was well maintained and the layout was very good for our needs (two adults and one teen-ager). They have added card-access to the parking lot since our last visit which was great because this improved security and access to parking. Parking was $8, but that is cheap and certainly far better than the $25-$30 we have paid many times in the past few years at more expensive places. I found it was actually cheaper to rent a car for the entire 5 days we were there to get from LAX to Anaheim than to rent it twice because the drop charges are so high! So I just left the car parked most of the time as we had a 3-day pass to the park.

The fridge was a good size so we stocked it with food on the first day of our visit and this saved us a lot of money on food. There are grocery stores south on Harbour, not too far away. If you want to eat cheaply, there is also a McDonalds only a few minutes walk north and it had the best food we have ever had from a McDonalds, anywhere in N. America. I recommend the Chicken salad!

The breakfasts were simple meals but they worked very well for our needs and saved us a lot of money and time eating out. No line-ups to speak of and adequate variety for simple needs.

1 Thank PewTraveller
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property. We greatly appreciate all positive reviews. I am very thankful that you were so detailed on what exceeded your expectations so we can continue providing the same level of service or even find more ways to surpass it.
We look forward to having you here in the future and to once again exceed your expectations and make your vacation a memorable one.
San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

I recently stayed at Best Western Park Place Inn and was very impressed with the service i received and the quality/cleanliness of the accomodations. At the time of my arrival I was very ill and needed to go to the hospital. Though I arrived before official check-in time, the front desk clerk helped me get checked in, had the hotel hold my bags at the front desk as my room was not yet ready due to my early arrival, and called a cab to take me to the hospital. I'm very appreciative of his help; I was very ill at the time and travelling by myself. All the other staff whom I interacted with during my stay were also very kind and helpful.
The location of this hotel is unbeatable...it's literally just a crosswalk away from the entrance to Disneyland. The room I got was large & had high ceilings and a semi-divided bed/couch area. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and the room was immaculately clean. The refrigerator was larger than the usual hotel-room-sized refrigerators & kept food nice and cold. Continental breakfast was included & was served buffet style at the restaurant next door; unlike some other breakfasts at hotels in the area, this one wasn't out of everything after the first hour or so of being open. The biscuits & gravy were good & there was a nice selection of beverages (apple juice, orange juice, 2 kinds of milk, coffee). There's also a Quizno's and a McDonalds within short walking distance, which was helpful. Bonus is that both were regularly priced, as opposed to the hugely-inflated prices charged at other fast food places in the area.

I was very impressed with my stay at this hotel, and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank thetravelingsquid
BWParkPlace, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this review, 20 February 2011
I am very sorry you were so ill when you first arrived. I am very pleased that we were able to assist you and make your stay comfortable and memorable even though it started off on a low note. Thank you for describing the help that was provided to you and what you enjoyed about our hotel. I hope you were able to fully enjoy your time with us and that your illness passed quickly.
We hope to see you again soon.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2011

Our family of 4 (to younger kids) stayed here for 8 days. It is the closest hotel to Disneyland's main gate. You can walk from Disneyland to your hotel in about 3 minutes. It is a simple hotel but clean and we had very good service from the people at the front desk. The free breakfast wasn't grand by any means but it did the job. The best part about breakfast is that after we were done we would grab a few apples,oranges, bagels and pack them up to take into the park.. Great money saver.
The pool is smaller but it was nice to have the option of relaxing before or after Disneyland.
There is a small fridge and microwave in the room which was helpful to store small food items.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your review of our property. I am glad our staff was able to make your stay enjoyable and that the breakfast served your needs.
We look forward to seeing you on a future visit.