“Eat Well, then dance your heart out”

The Ranch Restaurant & Saloon
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ranch Restaurant & Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 928 Restaurants in Anaheim
Price range: US$29 - US$116
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: The Colony
Cross street: State College
Transit: OCTA Route 46, Route 47
Description: THE RANCH Restaurant serves elevated American cuisine in an upscale yet casual dining environment. Executive Chef Michael Rossi honors fresh, local and regional ingredients with our seasonally driven menu, designed to pair with the finest wines selected from our 10,000+ bottle cellar, and our collection of the most sought after whiskies. We look forward to welcoming you to THE RANCH!
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a fine dining restaurant with a more casual atmosphere.
The food is delicious. Every detail is flawless and the food is not only delicious but visually appealing.
The service is flawless and the wine list superb.
AFter eating a fantastic meal, you can work off the calories in the attached saloon, where the drinks are always made perfectly and the country dancing is in full force. Even if you don't enjoy dancing, it is very entertainihng to watch those that are excellent at it.
The restaurant is expensive, but not outrageously so.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We went on business and had a business meeting in the restaurant. It was loud, but that's ok, just something to note. The wine list was excellent. We had 3 appetizers and all were great, popovers, ceviche, shrimp. The popovers were basically puffed up bread so no huge thrill there. I ordered the Onion soup and it was excellent, full of onions. I also ordered the prime rib special. It was just ok, rather bland and not cooked medium rare as I asked, rather more medium. The horseradish was fantastic and all the other dishes at our table seemed to be good but I would've expected a steakhouse of this stature to deliver a perfect prime rib and it wasn't even close. Also, we did get the lobster mac and cheese and I'd agree with many reviewers, it needs some flavor. Pretty bland with no distinct white cheddar (their desription) or lobster flavor. Very bland for such a tantalizing side dish. Overall, I'd give it another chance because it seems like it should be better but don't be surprised if you're not blown away by the food. Service was topnotch, no complaints there.

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Great service, Great Food, Great dessert.......

I would highly recommend the lamb chops just amazing.

High end place and very pricey.

Great job guys......

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Took the family to the Ranch pre-Valentines day. I have a 9 and a 12 year old. Food, service, atmosphere was all top notch. This restaurant has become a family favorite. If I had a complaint it would be a better selection of Steaks and keep the heirloom tomato salad on the menu all the time!

1  Thank Sportsbracer
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary by going to The Ranch in Anaheim, CA. We were seated at a very nice private table. Our hostess asked if we were celebrating anything. I told her that it was our 43rd anniversary. During the course of the dinner, we had several people congratulate us on our 43rd...they seemed to know the exact year we were celebrating...nice touch. I was wearing black pants; and the hostess who sat us asked me if I would prefer a black napkin (white napkins were already on the table). Another nice touch....I hate how white napkins leave white lint on black dress items.

We started with a nice glass of wine for my husband; and I decided to try the Chipotle Margarita. I was a little worried that it might be too spicy for my tastes, so our wonderful waitress, Chirstine, asked the bartender to use just a little Chipotle. My drink was delicious.

We then split a baby green salad. They served us bread rolls of various types (about seven different types). These were extremely fresh, warm and delicious.

We split the 58 oz. Cowboy Ribeye with bone which came with scalloped potatoes. I would highly recommend both the ribeye and the potatoes. Christine asked the kitchen to cut the bone off the steak (but it was still served with the meat) and had them cut the steak into strips so we could serve ourselves easier. She then gave us empty plates to serve ourselves. The steak was prepared exactly the way we like it (medium rare). It had some fantastic seasoning. We did not need to add anything to it. We also ordered the green bean and mushroom casserole--yummy!

After our dinner, Christine said that it was a house rule that because it was our anniversary we had to pick a dessert to share. We were pretty full; so we decided to order a scoop of carmelized banana ice cream. Christine said that we might order just one scoop; but she was going to get us three scoops--so we ordered vanilla and mango along with the banana. The ice cream was served in three separate little bowls placed on a wooden tray. The middle bowl had a chocolate wafer that said "Happy Anniversary." Another nice touch.

They sent us home with a smile and a bag of leftovers. We can't wait to try them again. Next time I'm getting the lamb chops. I would highly recommend The Ranch. The service from everyone there from start to finish was excellent . They also have a saloon next door that has country music dancing for those of you who like to dance.

1  Thank Clara S