“Great Place to Stay”

Americas Best Value Astoria Inn and Suites
Ranked #81 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Great one on one attention.....We loved our stay!...the front desk was more than accomadating to our needs with a smile! The rooms are very spacious, great for our 2 little kids to run around in. The view of Disney's fireworks were AMAZING! The breakfast was nothing big, but enough to settle to get us going. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KerriM118

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I always stay here... it's clean, friendly staff, hardwood floors... so much better than carpet floors and best of all - the fireworks view!!
Breakfast isn't full continental, but enough to start the day. Decent walk to disney, or ART shuttle pick up right in front of the hotel for a small fee... Can't ask for anything more!

Room Tip: Rooms on Building A side give a room-view of Fireworks!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nikita L
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. The rooms weren't particularly great by any means, but it was conveniently located. The low price is what makes this a decent stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Booked the family room which was two queen beds in the main room with a microwave, Tv, and a small table and chairs, in another room you have a queen bedroom with just a tv. The room was perfect for our family. We had the room on the second floor (rm 219) and had a wonderful view of Disneyland fireworks from the bedroom. They have a pool and hot tub (the hot tub was extreamly hot so we did not get to use it) but it was nice becuase no one was there so the kids got the place to themselves. My only problem was the beds, they are so hard (one of the hardest I have ever seen) which is a shame because that would of made my stay a 5 for sure.

The hotel staff is friendly and its so close to Starbucks and Taco Bell and the shuttle will pick you up in front of the hotel (4 for adults and 1 for kids).

The price was great, I will just pick up one of those eggshells from Target the next time I stay here for the bed. It's nothing fancy but for the price and location and the view of the fireworks it is worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor on the right side of the hotel give a good view of Disneyland Fireworks
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MelanieGriffith
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I booked this hotel through Hotwire.com, for $86 a night. The room was very large, had a microwave and a large mini-fridge, which was nice. The bed was ok, linens were cheap, but after a long day at Disneyland I just needed a place crash so I didn't much mind. This place was nothing to write home about but I would definitely stay again if I wanted a budget hotel.

It is right next to a Starbucks and a gas station where you can pick up water and snacks for the park which was very convenient. Also there was a $4 round trip shuttle that picks up in front of the hotel. If you just miss it walk across Harbor to the hotel on the corner, and you will have enough time to get there to catch it without having to wait 20 minutes.

It was a lot nicer than other budget hotels I have stayed at near the park. I say go for it.

Room Tip: you might want to bring some tape to keep the curtains closed, we used a sticker from my little star...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Stayed here recently and I will say you get what you pay for. It's nothing outrageously priced, which is wonderful for being so close to Disneyland. That said, the low cost means an average room. Nothing awful, but not spectacular either.

The pros: the room was very spacious, perfect for my two toddlers who had pent up energy from being in the car for two 12 hour days. It's within walking distance to Disneyland, approximately 15 minutes. There is a fantastic view of the Disneyland fireworks.

The cons: The carpet is FILTHY. Within a few minutes of walking on it, our feet were completely black. Staff is less than friendly. Not mean, but the guy who checked us in acted like we were a burden for simply checking in. I would think he'd be happy to have our money. There are NO Disneyland shuttles as the website claims. Wifi access worked for all of one day of our five days there. It wasn't that the password changed, the wifi was just down. Housekeeping skipped a day of cleaning. The day they skipped, we had been out of our room since 7am. Returned at 3:30pm to an undone room. Left the "do not disturb" sign on our table in case they showed up during the two hours we were in our room...they never showed up. Fortunately, we didn't need anything, so we just tossed out the trash in a nearby outside trashcan and fixed our own beds. A previous occupant's hair wad was stuck to the shower curtain. The basic door lock is there, but no extra locking mechanism that you find on nearly all hotel doors...nor a peephole. I would at least hope for a peephole if additional locking measures aren't provided. Nothing, however, was something I felt I needed to call the front desk to complain about.

I realize my cons list is longer, but I can't say I hated the stay. It was average, as the title states. But you certainly can't beat the price when taking into account its location!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MaryK621
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We checked into Astoria late at night. Our room was spacious, comfortable, clean with a queen bed in which we slept soundly even if our little daughter was sharing it with us. The rooms are not fancy at all but you have all the required amenities including coffee-making facilities (the coffee in the room doesn't taste good though!), bathroom, sink, hair dryer, TV, phone, alarm clock, air conditioning, a table and chairs - the lot. Plenty of power sockets as well. Breakfast was included - donuts, pastries and good coffee - you just have to grab some from the reception on the tray provided in the room and whisk it off to your room. Parking is very available - as for most of these inns in Anaheim - just next to your room door. Make sure to get a ground floor room if you have problems with accessibility. Disney Parks are just 15 minutes away on foot. Nevertheless, if you don't feel like it - just get the no. 10 from outside the inn reception. You can also watch the fireworks display from the inn grounds, especially the pool area. When I was there, the wifi router at the bottom end of the inn was not working well but the one at the reception was working fine.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family