“Zany room service”

Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda
Ranked #77 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Checked in on Thursday July 18th for three nights departing on Sunday July 21.
Hung "no service required" sign on door upon entering the room. Came back to room on Saturday July 20th and found that maid had entered the room ,changed the sheets and towels but did not take out the trash , clean the coffee pot or vacuum. But...she did take the three dollar bills that were on the kitchen counter that were intended for the maid on Sunday after our departure. Complained to the front desk and the clerks reply was " I will make a note of it "
I wonder if the maid does this on purpose to look for money or other personnel items that she can take?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We arrived at around 9:15pm. There were 4 people ahead of us at the front desk, but no front desk personnel to help us. We all looked at each other and waited for another 15 mins, still no one. I decided to call the hotel from the lobby and the phone rang and still no one came out to answer. I let the call rolled to the operator hoping someone would answer. No one did. But right after I hung up two young employees walked out and started checking us in, with no reason why there was no one attending to the front desk. The young lady who checked us in gave us a handicapped accessible room which would have been fine if not for the bathroom. There was no tub shower enclosure, just one big room with the toilet right next to the shower. So you can imagine the toilet seat getting wet each time some one takes a shower. There was no place to put the toiletries, no place to put the soap. So we had to improvise and put the handicap seat/bench down and use it to put our shampoos, conditioner etc. We had to use the soap dish from the sink to put the bath soap since there was no soap holder in the shower.
Breakfast was not impressive but since it's free, I can't complain. At least the coffee was decent.
The room was clean but linens were very thin. Full size fridge, dishwasher and microwave in the room. Wifi access was great. Nice outdoor basketball court and pool. A little noisy if your room is on the first floor next to the court.
Very convenient location with access to restaurants and grocery stores. Ample parking.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I have stayed at the Anaheim Hills Residence Inn for three months in the spring of 2013, on an academic sabbatical. The hotel was perfect for my needs. I had a one bedroom suite, fully equipped, a comfortable desk and chair, with a nice view from the fourth floor window. The high-speed Wi-Fi connection (have used multiple devices simultaneously) was excellent, both in the suite and throughout the hotel. There were two new computers with printers in the lobby, which I have used occasionally for printing. The hotel staff was proficient, friendly, and helpful. The rooms and public areas were kept very clean. There was a laundry room with two washing machines and four driers in my building. The shopping center, within five minutes walking distance, opposite the hotel was very convenient, with a Target store, a supermarket, a few restaurants, and more. The hot breakfast buffet was excellent, and the staff was doing their most to answer every request. They refilled the items constantly, kept the dining room clean and neat. During occasional busier times, I would take a tray to my suite. There were also complementary light dinners on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, which were not fancy, but adequate, and were always served with a friendly smile. My husband and son have stayed a short while with me, and both have enjoyed the hotel tremendously. I would definitely stay in this hotel on my next visits to the Orange County area, and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: If you are planning an extended stay or a special occasion, I recommend calling the hotel in advance...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I've stayed about 3-4 days every two months since June of 2012 until summer of 2013 so far:
The Good: Great location, close to stores, business office complexes I mostly go to when in the area, restaurants, attractions (Disney, etc), convention center, etc. Is next to the main LA freeways but far enough not to hear their noise, good but average breakfast, intelligent and friendly staff, spacious rooms, within walking distance of movie theaters, grocery store, restaurants (Islands, Maccarronni Grill, steak houses, etc.) and many more. A Costco and a Home Depot are just 5 min by car as well as a TGIF and others, couple of gas stations, etc. etc. Great location I must say. Even if on business, could bring the family along so they go to the amusement parks while you get work done to pay for their bills. For being in So-Cal and LA area parking is free (though not covered or not plenty of spots). Rooms as expected have a refrigerator, microwave, etc so you can simply buy stuff at the grocery store and keep it in the room or bring food to go and eat while you work in your room.
The Bad: While close to all main LA freeways, immediate entrance is via the nasty 91 freeway which at certain times of the day is probably the most congested one in LA. LAX Airport is not very close, so if you have an early AM flight you'd rather stay by the airport the night before. Breakfast is average but the breakfast area is waaay to small, specially considering this hotel mixes business travelers (where we eat alone) and families (who take 2-3 tables if not more) so not only the area gets very crowded (and dirty) in the morning but also if you do meet colleagues over breakfast you'll have to deal with background noise of kids and parents arguments over typical breakfast family disputes, not to mention prompt depletion of certain foods when big parties come in and take over the breakfast area.
The Ugly: None that I can think of

Room Tip: a) First try your company negotiated rate, they are normally 40-60% of the normal rate, b) Do try to...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This is located just far enough off the freeway to be quiet. Location is good with several nearby restaurants in the shopping malls. The rooms are suites and large with kitchens. The morning free breakfast is very good for this type of off the lobby type buffet.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bigsky3
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff are lovely and very keen to assist with any queries. We enjoyed having access to the laundry facilities although one or two more machines would have helped as one woman occupied both machines simultaneously with 2 big loads.

The cleanliness was good although I did find one dirty glass in the bathroom with what appeared to be toothpaste dregs down the bottom.

You should note that this hotel is quite some distance from Disneyland and there are no Disney shuttle or booking services.

A lot of families seem to stay here which does increase the noise level although we had no problem whilst in our room.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

My stay was very enjoyable. I had a 1 bedroom suite which included a kitchen/livingroom. There was a small dining table and good sized desk table. The room came with a sofa that folded out and a living room chair. It was spacious and comfortable for my 2 large dogs and I. Every morning there was a great breakfast buffet which was included. On Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays the also had a light dinner. In walking distance (5-10 minutes) there were restraunts and a movie theater, it is located close to the fwy and is very convient . I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
#1 of 2 in Yorba Linda
Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Candlewood Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda? Share your experiences!