“Nice, quiet location; nice rooms, family hotel”

Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda
Ranked #69 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed here in August for a baseball trip. Booked based on TA reviews. Location reminds me of the Brady Bunch neighborhood...beautiful and in the hills. Nice rooms and staff was fabulous. About a 20 minute ride to Anaheim Stadium without traffic. Has all the basics you need. Looked like a great family hotel (I did not travel with kids) with pool and basketball courts. Restaurants within a short drive. Would stay again if in the area

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
MitchellFern, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2015

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We are completing re-surfacing all the bath tubs as our ongoing commitment to always provide all of our guest the very best products/equipment. I am happy you enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. You are correct when you experienced how easy it is to travel to the Disney parks from our location.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This Residence Inn is on the newer side of this particular sub-chain. I've stayed in several RI's over the past few years with varying "ages" of the buildings, but this is newer and certainly worthy of the Marriott name, though it still can't be confused with a "new" building.

The room was comfortable and the service was great.

The location is great, it's near everything you could need and is also a great place to stay if you're playing in a soccer tournament.

The internet however was terrible. I couldn't get above .2 Mbps and management kept telling me it was working just fine. It wasn't fine, I ran several speedtests on several different devices and computers and it was consistently terrible. Management couldn't do anything about it and said it was just fine. I also kept losing any slow connection I could connect to.

I'd say that I've not been impressed with Marriott internet overall, when I pay for access, it's usually poor and when I get it free...it's not much better. Marriott is a great chain, but needs to commit resources to better internet.

I loved the hotel, but was very disappointed in not having internet - with two kids on devices and no internet...it's not good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed overnight here because our usual hotel was booked. Got a great senior rate. We had a studio (their smallest room) and were very pleased. We were surprised to be offered a hot breakfast! The hotel was crowded -- and the breakfast line was long; but the food was tasty. This hotel and location just "hit the spot" for our needs on that trip. It is definitely on our back-up list for our trips to the Orange County area.
There is a lovely pool. They also offer evening meals some nights of the week. Based on the number of families we saw, I'd guess it is a good location for people travelilng with children.

Room Tip: Based on the lay out of the hotel, I doubt there is a bad room in the entire facility.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed in July 2013 and really enjoyed this hotel. As long as you have a car, it is easy access to theme parks and beaches. Additionally right next store to this hotel are great places to eat, shopping, and a movie theater. The rooms were beautiful and clean. My young son enjoyed the pool. The only thing that we didn't enjoy was the continental breakfast. However, the complimentary evening reception meal (Mon-Wed) was really enjoyable. We would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 332
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The hotel is getting a little run down and needs a face lift. The included breakfast could use some healthier options. I checked in at midnight, and the clerk on duty was excellent, I am sorry I did not get his name. He provided me with all of the information that I needed to plan my visit in the local area. All of the staff that I interacted with were excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sail2fun
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed at this particular Residence Inn at the end of May this year. I had come down with my best friend to attend a concert in Anaheim. I am a Marriott gold member and am 99% faithful to the chain unless there is not a Marriott where I am staying. I was really impressed with this particular property. My best friend and I are shoppers so the location was amazing. You just had to walk across the side street and there was T.J Maxx, Tuesday Morning, Target and several others. LOVED the fact that there was at least 4 restaurants there as well. I reserved a 1 bedroom suite. It was great. We were on the top floor which I always request. I try to eliminate the noise factor as much as possible. It was very clean and perfect for the two of us. There is a sofa bed in the living room and queen size bed in the bedroom with a flat screen T.V. Bathroom wasn't huge but a nice vanity area and for two girls it was fine. I like these R.I properties because of the full kitchen. Love having a full size fridge especially. There was a huge Pavilions grocery store across the street and I always stock up on water and other snack type foods. Great if you have kids or traveling with pets. The girls at the front check in desk were very nice and the breakfast was typical for the Residence inn. I don't agree with one of the previous reviewers comment about the breakfast being different from other Residence Inns. I have stayed at a lot of R.I properties and this breakfast was exactly the same as any other one I have stayed at. They do change the menu up a little bit daily where one day they might have breakfast burritos and the next egg mcmuffin type sandwiches. They all have the scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage or ham, potatoes of some sort, bagels, pastries, oatmeal, cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, waffles etc. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank willis2005
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed here in June for 2 nights in order to attend a high school graduation. The room was fine, not much of a view but we weren't looking for anything special. Staff was nice enough. I found the breakfast to be a cut below that of other Residence Inns but again, it was Free.
We had 2 issues. One, the door does not shut automatcally, so you need to grab the handle upon exiting the room and make sure it closes!
Two- We were out for most of the second day and returned about 3-ish. Our room had not been serviced. The maid knocked on our door about 30 minutes later but we were getting ready to go out again and so we told her no. For us, it didn't matter but it may be an issue for others. To be fair, they had a TON of kids staying there for some sports thing. I imagne that caused alot of extra work for the poor maids. Oftentimes, the kids are not closely supervised and leave a godawful mess.We did not complain because that's not how we roll.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dee2673
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Hotel Pepper Tree
Hotel Pepper Tree
#26 of 119 in Anaheim

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda? Share your experiences!