“Comfortable Hotel in a Good Location”

Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda
Ranked #72 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel served as our base for our Disney trip. Compared to the hotels in the immediate vicinity of Disney land- this had a few pluses -(1) it was 25-30$ cheaper (2) No Parking fees (3) No Fees for wifi. Plus a breakfast buffet is included. The hotel comes with the usual Residence inn facilities- Pool/Gym/Laundry. There is a Complimentary dinner on some days- but we did not use that. Great Location - there is a nearby Mall with some good stores. Safe neighborhood.
Drive to Disney and other attractions was about 15 min.

Room Tip: Take a room away from the elevators in the upper floors
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank nara_NY
MitchellFern, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear nara_NY,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to read that our property fit all your needs so well. Some of the major amenities we offer are typically a selling point for many guests. As you mentioned our complimentary parking, WIFI, and hot breakfast every morning are all not only convenient but are extremely budget friendly.

It’s a pleasure to read how much of a comfortable stay you had here with us. Hopefully we can expect to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed here one night while attending the NCAA West Regional in Anaheim. I do quite a bit of traveling, and is absolutely loved this place. The Queen Studio was a fabulous room...much larger than most hotel rooms that I've stayed in, very modern and elegant. The staff at the front desk were super friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was really crowded, but that's to be expected on a Sunday morning, and the selections were fabulous. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank James D

Dear James D,

Thank you for your awesome TripAdvisor review! It’s great to read what an enjoyable stay you had, especially coming from someone who travels quite often. I am most happy to read that the team was all friendly and accommodating.

I am sure that we will see you back very soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for about a month and a half while work was being performed at my house. This location welcomed my pets. I had a room on the first floor and it was easy to take my dogs out.
The room had a seating area as well as a seperate bedroom. The room was very clean. The kitchenette area had a fridge, dishwasher, stove, and microwave. This location has an outdoor heated pool and spa which I really enjoyed.
Monday thru Wednesday they have a dinner snack. It is nothing gourmet. I have since stayed at another Residence Inn which has a bit better spread for food.
The staff is very friendly here.
The hotel is super close to Pavillions amongst other stores in the Festival shopping center. Excellent location as you can walk.
I will definitely stay here again when I am in the area.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kiminyl

Dear kiminyl,

Thank you for an information packed review! I am glad to see that you used all of our amenities that we offer to your advantage. One of our most popular amenities that you mentioned is our evening social hour Monday through Wednesday from 6:00pm-7:30pm. We offer meals such as: BBQ chicken sandwiches with baked beans, fish & chips with tartar sauce, southwest salad with chicken tortilla soup, and sloppy Joes.

I appreciate you mentioning the fact that we are a pet friendly hotel also. Especially for our long term guests, it is easier for them to bring along their four legged friends! Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a couple of nights in a studio. The room is small but good enough for two people. We liked the area very much because it is in a very quiet neighborhood and it has a very nice view. Next to the hotel is Pavilion to buy groceries or Chinese food. You can also do a little shopping. The location is convenient to the theme parks.
The breakfast was okay. There were bagels, muffins, oatmeal, bread, waffles, scrambled eggs, croissantwich one day and toasted muffins with Canadian bacon and egg another day. There were also fresh bananas and apples as well as canned fruits.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Stitch7264,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that you took advantage of some of our local eateries and shops in the Festival Plaza. As you mentioned, there is a Pavilions’ grocery store directly across the street from us along with some other convenient shops such as Target, T.J Maxx, and Stein Mart.

We appreciate your feedback and hope that we can soon accommodate you again!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The room was clean and close to Disney. The description of the room said fireplace but there was not one in my room and after a plane flight and a day at Disney was not going to switch rooms. Also the free breakfast did not have much to choose from but there was some type of youth basketball team staying there and only one person trying to keep up on bringing out food so you can imagine there was nothing left. Free Wi Fi and parking make it a good deal.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear 357LauraS357,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I would like to begin by apologizing for some of the issues you experienced. You are correct in that we do advertise that we have fireplaces in our suites, though this may be the case we only have fireplaces in selected rooms. I understand that it is our responsibility to make it as clear as possible so that there is no confusion. I will be sure to pass this on with management as we want to take care of this as soon as possible.

In regards to breakfast, I understand how busy the gatehouse can get, especially when we have our sports group come and visit. We definitely try and assign the appropriate amount of staff members to accommodate larger rushes.

Thank you again for your response and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

First off let me say I have never written a bad review for anything. Usually I am pretty easy to please, so when we checked into our room at this hotel we were so impressed at how clean everything "looked". The next morning when we woke up I had a few bites on my sides and stomach. We thought it was weird but didn't give it much thought. The second morning my kids and husband woke up with a few bites and I woke up with even more. We had no idea what it would be and just wondered if it was due to climate change or something? On the final morning, the morning we checked out, I looked like I had been attacked by something all over my stomach, back, sides and arms! We were excited to get to Disneyland that morning and didn't have much time to do research. That night after a busy day and being extremely itchy and sore where the bites were, I decided to start doing some research on what it might be. Bed bugs. It kept coming up again and again with pictures that looked extremely similar to ours. My husband called the Manager the following morning and he informed us that there was already a new family checked into our room, and wouldn't be leaving for 3 more days. He wasn't going to ruin their vacation by asking them to move..... um pretty sure their vacation will be ruined if they get bit all over! But for some reason...??? the family decided to check out 3 days early, and he had the room inspected all in the same day. Which of course found no bed bugs. I was never offered any compensation for the nights we spent there. The whole thing was a nightmare. I am glad we found out what it was before we got home. We had to throw away pillows and suitcases, as well as clean all our clothes that might have brought them home with us. In our absolute opinion these were indeed bed bugs. But of course no hotel will admit to that right? I have included a photo of one of my arms. This spot had the least amount of bites but didn't want to put an inappropriate photo up :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
26  Thank Jillian J
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Average hotel for RI. I cannot understand the popularity of this hotel other than location. It is close to restaurants and a shopping center. The personnel are friendly; however they were stunned when I requested fresh linen each day. Contrary to the written policy in the room, the desk agent stated, we will change again in Friday- I checked in Sunday. View depends on room; front rooms have a nice view of the valley, others the parking lot and a barren hill. The other surprise-no alcohol at the afternoon reception. Overall very average and there are probably other hotels in the area that are comparable in price but better service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank OCCTRAVELE
MitchellFern, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for thoughts on your recent stay. Our housekeeping staff will change bed linen each day as requested. Since we are an extended stay hotel we do have a rotation which changes the sheets in our suites for rooms that are occupied on the average 3 times a week. Of cource any guest can request daily change of bed linen along with our daily housekeeping service. All check out rooms are changed with fresh linen. We made a decision several years ago to focus on providing higher quality more complete evening meals. Guest our welcome to provide their own beer or wine. This has served us well over the years, and I will note your thoughts as we always seek ways to please our guest. We are very excited about a few projects we will be doing next month, re-paving the parking lot and re-seeding the back slope. In addition we have a refresh of our sports court and surrounding area. We are commited in always having the property up to date. Thank you for your insight and your positive comments on the staff interactions you had.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Hills Orange County
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Hotel Pepper Tree
Hotel Pepper Tree
#25 of 119 in Anaheim

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda? Share your experiences!