“Close to Disneyland but really smells”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #67 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Tin Can Bay, Australia
“Close to Disneyland but really smells”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is about a 10 to 15 minute stroll to Disneyland - great, convenient location. When we arrived we were not welcomed by the usual Disney Resort area welcome. They were not rude but not friendly either. The room really smelled when we entered it. They had obviously masked other bad smells. The smell was so overwhelming that it made our eyes water and we were gagging. We had to put the air conditioner on to clear the air. The room itself was OK - a little run down. The bathroom was in need of renovation. On the stairs someone had left cigarette butts that remained there for two days. Very disappointing stay.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Robsie-C
bahhallc, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.

Regards,
Mukesh Silwal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting Disneyland. Rooms are spacious, nice bathroom. A little dusty in the corners and behind the furniture. Loved the hot tub. Staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast could be better - add some yogourt or fruit. Not very soundproof so if you want quiet get a room on the second floor.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MinMontreal
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we really appreciate that you took time to give us valuable
feedback. I apologize for the issues that you had, and will try our best to correct it.

I am glad that you liked the room, bathroom and enjoyed the hot tub. I am also very happy that our staff have provided very good service. I look forward to having another opportunity to have you as our guest !

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I come to Anaheim regularly and I always choose to stay in Best Value Inn as it offers the best ratio of the price and the quality. There is no other option for me in this area. I have never experienced any problems here and I deffinitelly recommend everybody else to try this hotel. During many years I have been accomodated in various rooms and I had found no difference in comfort level. Wifi connection is working perfectly and the pools are giving me the fine time to relax. If only all hotels are as good as this one...

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard D
bahhallc, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being valuable guest and taking your time to write the review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay and hope to see you soon again.

Soledad
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We spent 2 nights at the Katella St. location. We arrived on Friday and left on Sunday. We wanted a room within walking distance of Disneyland and California Adventure. We had a 2 day hopper and we didn't want to drive to the resorts and pay for parking. The America's Best Value Inn on Katella St is located about 3 blocks from the main entrance of both resorts. It is an very easy walk up Harbor Blvd. There are many restaurants and convenience store located on Harbor Blvd also with in walking distance of this motel. The price was within our budget and so was the location. The rooms are very clean and the staff was very helpful. Our suite came with 2 bedrooms and featured both a king and full size beds. Fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, blow-dryer, ironing board and Iron.

Room Tip: This is a two story motel and parking is in the back and on the sides of the property. There is a po...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rick A
bahhallc, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and taking your time to write good things about our hotel. We take the comments of our guests very seriously, as our goal is to always improve on meeting and exceeding expectations.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2014

My two children and I recently stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites and I just want to share my experience. We had a wonderful stay at the property after visiting Disneyland etc. The highlight was that on the day we were checking out, I couldn't find my handbag which contained our passports. I had already phoned the car rental company and they insisted that I hadn't left it in the car. Hitesh and his staff went to great lengths to help me and even drove around and found my children and I to tell us that the car rental company had found my handbag and had called the motel to tell me. Hitesh and his sister gave the boys and I a ride to the car rental company to pick up my handbag and I couldn't have been more grateful to them for their kind offer of help. They went over and beyond what was expected of them and for this I am very grateful and can highly recommend this property for its great location to Disneyland and its staff's care and consideration.
Thankyou Hitesh and staff, we will be back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Nic1311
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments, we really appreicate that you took time to give us valuable
feedback. Your positive comments are very much appreciated by our staff, who work hard each day to make sure valued customers like yourself, are looked after.

We look forward to having you back to our hotel in the near future.

Suisun City, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here the weekend after New Years for 3 nights with friends. The front desk men were super nice and welcoming, we also bought our Disneyland tickets from them at a discounted price. Our family suite (3 double beds) was clean, a little smaller than expected but decent. TV, microwave, and small fridge was provided. I really liked that the bathroom had a small window to air out shower steam.

As for walking distance to the Disney parks, it isn't bad at all. It's not as great as staying at a hotel across the street from the parks, but the walk is definitely doable. There are also a bunch of places to grab food right around the corner (subway, burgers, Mexican, pizza). Very convenient after a long day at Disneyland!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments. We really appreciate that you stayed with us, and we look forward to provide excellent service to you on your future stays at ABVI.

Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I booked this hotel because I wanted to be walking distance to Disneyland and to have two rooms. I had both with this hotel. The staff was beyond friendly and they let us leave our car all day after we checked out. The room was comfortable but a little dated. The inner court yard was nice and the pool looked inviting. We bought our Disney tickets at the front counter. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank scrollforyou
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out some time to write comments and give us some valuable feedback.
We are still in the process of renovation and we recently completed renovation of hotel exterior and now we are working towards interior and completed renovation of few rooms.

I look forward to see you as our guest in the near future again.