“Amazing Value for money”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 25 November 2010

This hotel was absolutely amazing value for money –the price was so low I expected it to be a bit skanky but the room was much more spacious than I had anticipated and quite clean and comfortable. There was an intimate, cosy feel to the establishment and staff were very welcoming and helpful. Fantastic to have a swim in a pool after a long flight from Australia. Shops and places to eat were all a short walk away and I felt quite safe walking around by myself at night. Disneyland was about a 5-10 minute walk away. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank gabatlarge

Reviewed 2 November 2010

I booked this hotel for my family vacation thinking that it was one that we had stayed in before. Well it wasn't! When we VERY quickly learned that it wasn't the lady at the front was rude when we wanted to change the length of our stay, fair enough she got upset but your in the Tourism industry and things can change! The family rooms were large enough and travelling with a budget in mind, they were just bareable. But they did look tired looking and things are in need of a freshen up. The top bedding looked like it had never been washed in such a long time! Pool was good, and outside the property is kept well. The location was handy real close to the convention centre, car hire, disneyland is a bit of a walk. I would consider as you have a larger fridge int the room go to a local supermarket and stock up as things are pretty expensive with nothing healthy around. We justified the price with 2 beds and breakfast but "OMG" what a joke when we got up early for the "rush" for breakfast, we were in for a suprise with just coffee with donuts? Call me crazy, but that is NOT a continental breakfast! If you want a room for the location right next to the convention centre, and to just get you by with hard beds, no "continental breakfast" then this is the place for you! BV - AUSTRALIA -

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank BabeeVee
Reviewed 6 October 2010

I decided on this hotel because they offered a discount for military families-- not neccesarily because of the money, but because I really appreciate when companies recognize people who serve and want to give them my business.

When we arrived, my husband checked in (I was in the car) and was rudely told that he had the best rate available and couldn't get the discount.

Seeing as I had called this location TWICE and asked about the discount, this didn't seem correct, so I called the front desk myself to talk to the employee, who told me that I was making "a big deal out of nothing" and that all my husband had to do was show her his military ID.

I know for a fact that he DID show his military ID (and again when he paid with his CC, since it says "see ID" on back) and was told the discount wasn't available, so I knew she was lying and asked to speak to her manager. She told me she didn't know when her manager was going to be in and that she didn't even know her manager's name. (Right...)

So we waited until the morning when another clerk was there, showed him our reciept and explained the situation. He happily gave us our discount and we were on our way.

Our stay was pleasant other than that, but I would probably go to another location the next time around if I stayed with this chain again. I don't want to have to deal with lying staff again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank waitingline
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We tried various motels around Anaheim as we were staying for 3 weeks. This one proved to be the most affordable and cleanest. Facilities were a bit outdated but the rooms were spacious. Also had fridge and microvawe in the room. Less than 10 min walking distance to Disneyland. Fancy restaurants to the left and more affordable takeaway places to the right. (Must try the best pizza around the corner - think it's called California Pizza Place). All within a few minutes walking distance. Avis was just across the road, as were other major hire car companies (but we found Avis to be the best in price). Loved the pool. It was always clean. Basic b'fast was provided each morning. The manager on duty at the time was very helpful. Organised transport transfers from the hotel to the airport. We now know where to stay when we come back with friends next year.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank robandhong
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We had an excellent stay at this hotel...

Pros
- Great room layout if travelling as a family or group... Separate bedroom for privacy.
- Big room, plenty of room with a fridge and microwave included
- Very nice pool, jacuzzi and grounds
- Exceptional value for money, suite was cheaper than twin queen rooms we have stayed at closer to DL on Harbor
- Location is only 10 minute walk to Resort entrance on Harbor, only 5 to 8 minutes further than the closest Hotels and about the same distance that Disneyland Hotel is from entrance...
- Plenty of Parking and free
- Quiet, only a couple of rooms front Katella, I would avoid those as the rest were very quiet...
- Smaller Hotel (40 rooms) no crowded pools etc
- Free Wifi in room

Neutral
- Cleaning, came at odd times and a little inconsistent, sometimes only left three towels for four adults
- Decor, a little dated but then so is the other hotels we have stayed at on Harbor, could do with a more modern repaint and a little attention to bathroom moldings

Cons
- Breakfast, Typical Danishes, Donuts, apples, bad coffee and fruit juice...we bought cereal and used the pastries for lunches etc

We would definitely stay here again, this is strictly a 3 star hotel though so don't stay here if you are expect 5 star quality but it was clean and a very pleasant stay...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Aotearoa2
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We found our family suite spacious, clean and very reasonably priced, including all the obvious essentials (with a fridge and free wi-fi). It was great to have a separate room for the grown up(s) to sleep in. We found the staff very friendly, practical and helpful, and we enjoyed the pool. Obviously you get what you pay for, but if you can put up with the odd loose fitting and a few scuffs on the carpet, then this is a good budget family option in a safe area, well-placed for Disneyland and other local attractions.

1  Thank Doolittle_10
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Recently stayed here with friends from overseas in 3 rooms. I'd stay here previously several years ago and I did love both price and location. It didn't disappoint, rooms were great, bathroom was clean and service was awesome. We did spend lots of time poolside with our teens and youngers kids, and that was such a plus to have such a big pool. Great restaurants nearby.
Thanks.