“Terrible venue”

City National Grove of Anaheim
Ranked #49 of 152 things to do in Anaheim
More attraction details
Owner description: A 40,000-square-foot entertainment facility features a movie-studio soundstage that provides full production, multimedia and video productions.
Reviewed 23 December 2013

A friend of mine was performing in the Anaheim Ballet Company's production of the Nutcracker at this venue. I usually go see the Nutcracker at the Bridges Auditorium in Claremont but since my friend was in this production I decided to go here. The performance was good but this venue is terrible for this type of production. The sections are not tiered enough for seating so you cannot see very well and since we had children with us it made it difficult for them. I will not go back here!

3  Thank Miriam M

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We saw Graham Nash for a dinner show - staff was very helpful, show was awesome, sound, lighting - great. My only minor complaint was that both big screens were playing advertisements during dinner, but during the show only one big screen was on. Both should have been one so everyone in there had a great view.

1  Thank Karen E
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Just went to a Chris Mann concert there. First time and I loved the venue. We had the dinner seating and the view of the stage was outstanding from where we were. Only complaint was that the sound was a little loud. I had attended another Chris Mann concert and the sound was much better.

3  Thank Jill R
Reviewed 31 July 2013

What a great venue! It's so small and intimate - and only a mile away from where I live. We didn't want to pay $10 for parking, so I had my dad drop us off and we took a $2 bus ride back. We came here to see Courtney Love live, and I was surprised at how small it was. The drinks are a reasonable price AND you can bring it out to the main floor. Sweet! So naturally, we had 3 rounds!

The acoustics were great, even though Courtney's voice was giving out. It was really to get in and out of their and the restrooms were clean. At the end of the night we went into some room behind a curtain to finish our drinks but were kicked out 5 minutes later as it was "closed." Then why the heck were the curtains open?

We finished our drink outside but were rushed to get out of there. I'm dinging them one star for rushing me right after we got a fresh drink. Stop serving booze if you're only giving me 5 minutes to drink it! Needless to say I had to chug the rest of my drink and went off on my very merry way. Had a great experience there and wouldn't hesitate to go there again for another concert.

1  Thank buffy0182
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was really surprised at the intimacy this venue presented. There wasn't a bad seat in the entire house. The chairs were a little uncomfortable after a while. There were lots of places to eat just about a mile away towards Disneyand.

1  Thank preyes63