“Nightmare”
Review of Hotel 414 Anaheim

Hotel 414 Anaheim
Ranked #3 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This place has all the amenities but they are shabby. The beds were like sleeping on planks. The real issue is the way disabled guests are treated. The real issue is the way I was treated. I mentioned to the manager that a car was blocking the disabled access to the office that had caused me some inconvenience. He ignored the comment completely. When I said something to the people who had parked that way, he ran out of the office yelling at me that I was not to say anything to the other guests but take my complaint to him because he had given them permission to park there. Note, I had told him and he ignored me. The fact that he RAN out to YELL at me across the parking lot was the most astonishing part. He had also been very uncomfortable with my wanting to charge my scooter in the office and asked me several times why I couldn't do it in my room. I had to tell him twice that I could not carry the equipment up the stairs. Funniest thing of all is the sign in the office saying how willing they were to be of any assist to the disabled. I suspect that the disabled access was only installed to meet the legal requirement and that this facility actually hopes not to be bothered.

Room Tip: Be careful about making reservations without checking reviews carefully. This was definitely a &quo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank darlingdebb
Sandy P, General Manager at Hotel 414 Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear guest, I was sincerely sorry to hear that you felt you did not receive the type of service it is our mission to provide to our all our guests. I personally looked into your situation and noticed that your did not book one of our 2 accessible rooms which are located downstairs adjacent to the disabled parking spots. Although we were completely sold out that weekend and we could not change your accommodations, the desk clerk did offer to charge your scooter in our laundry facilities. There are sometimes last-minute circumstances which cannot be controlled on our part and we do try our best to accommodate all our guests' needs.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We checked in early around 1 pm. The rooms are very nice and clean. We checked out after 2 days. We have to catch a flight , so after check out they allow us to put our bags in their storage room until 5 pm. Customer service was very good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Together with my wife we decided to give my 6 year old the thrill of her life and take her to Disneyland for her first time. We only had 3 weeks to get everything together. I did long exhaustive search for the right accommodations. I tried to balance location, neighborhood, cleanliness,and most importantly PRICE. Sure you could spend more on a nicer room outside that you won't see much of or the incredibly expensive Disneyland hotels, but we were trying to put together a last minute, unbudgeted family trip.
We chose the Knights Inn because it fit what we needed perfectly. Free parking, Disney good neighbor motel, great rate, clean and comfortable. Also make sure you buy your Disneyland tickets at the front desk.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank mmendo9407
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I came around 12:30am in the night and being late night for check in the male front desk treated me with a good welcome and helped me very much.The room was clean and neat with a good smell and the room has microwave, mini-fridge, and flat-screen TV along the Wast room very neat which has a hair dryer and the bath soap.They provided a free wifi and a free parking.

Room Tip: Best place to stay and the staff was good and friendly.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This hotel has to be the best bargain in Anaheim! The room (119) was quite large and comfortable, and included a microwave, mini-fridge, and flat-screen TV. Paint seemed fresh, and all furnishings (bedding, desk, nightstands, dresser, bathroom counter) looked new and pretty upscale for the price/brand. The lack of carpet in the room was startling at first, but very welcome upon further thought; who knows what lurks in hotel room carpets?!

Parking was free and plentiful, and there's a very inexpensive public shuttle available right in front of the hotel that drops you at the Disneyland transportation hub; it couldn't be more convenient!

The staff here was among the nicest, most accommodating I've dealt with anywhere - for any price. My daughter was delighted with her interactions with the front desk.

Minor things I would change would be the lack of sheers on the window (drapes only) and an exhaust fan in the bathroom (there's a small window in the shower, but it's not quite enough to keep things from getting steamy). Be aware, too, that the only toiletries provided are shampoo and body wash, in dispensers in the shower, and hand soap in a wall-mounted dispenser near the sink.

I chose this property based primarily on price, but will stay again in the future based on experience.

Room Tip: Like many older properties around Disneyland, there is no elevator to the second floor, so if stairs...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jv_san_diego
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The room was clean and the maid was friendly and accommodating. They say the hotel is a non smoking hotel. WHEN I TURNED ON THE AC THE ROOM SMELLED LIKE WET, STAGNATE, CIGARETTE SMOKE! When I went to the office to ask a question and tell them, it was the man who was beyond rude! He was no help and he rolled his eyes at me to my 13 year old. The lady was a little less rude, but not accommodating, and not friendly at all! How is it that these people haven't been fired? They spend all night and day back in their apartment, (behind the front desk) you would think they would immediately come out to help people, but one has to open the door so they can ring the bell again, and again, once they do come out they act put out, short and rude! In a nut shell do not stay at this hotel, especially if customer service is important to you, because these people were rude enough to ruin our trip!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Brenda k
Sandy P, General Manager at Hotel 414 Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Guest, I am so sorry for the behavior you encountered. There is absolutely no excuse for any rude attitude by any member of our staff. I would like to assure you that we are indeed transitioning to new staff. I completely understand that we are in a customer service business and our guest deserve the best service. I have also personally looked into and addressed the room air conditioner issue you mentioned.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

$93 a night but it was Thanksgiving week and I should have made my reservation when my daughter got her room for $63 a night.

I stayed in room 129 (upstairs and only stairs, no elevator) for six nights during Thanksgiving week 2013. The room was super clean with wood floors, not carpet, which I love because I have allergies. Clean bathroom and fridge and microwave and bed. Plenty of hot water. They were generous with the towels, too.

I asked for a quiet room and they gave me room 129, which was upstairs and at the back. It was quiet except for the Disneyland fireworks which seemed to start around 815 p.m. The hotel guests were quiet and courteous to each other. Disneyland, however, was not quiet on three of the nights. After D-land closes, and it empties out, then you will finally be able to sleep. My daughter's family stayed downstairs in 126 and heard none of the Electric Light Parade drumming or music. If I stay in Orange again, I will ask for room 126 because it had good wi-fi and very little noise, other than hearing the fireworks.

The wi-fi in my daughter's room downstairs worked fine. In my room, it was spotty and definitely poor connectivity at the desk. Finally, I tried different places in the room and right by the window, in the bed, you can get connected. But not at the desk, which was inconvenient for me.

Nice people run the place. Great maids kept the clean towels coming and the garbage emptied and even the parking lot was very clean. The place is well run. There is no doubt in my mind that I would recommend Knights Inn on Ball Rd in Anaheim. And I would stay there again, too.

Only 4 stars due to the wi-fi issue and absolutely no breakfast, only coffee, which I don't drink. If there was even a spare continental breakfast or coupons for a nearby coffee shop, that would have been a nice perk.

The noise from D-land, I should have expected that. Scratchy towels, but super-clean ones without any smell of chemicals or detergent. (I brought my own beach towels to use as bath towels.) I had a room with two queen beds. One of them was much more comfy than the other one.

There was a very clean small swimming pool, fenced for safety, but I didn't go into it.

Free ice by the office from a machine outside. In the bathroom, there are soap dispensers for hand washing above the sink. In the shower are dispensers for shampoo and body wash. I really like this, versus the teensy bars of yucky soap at other hotels. It was good stuff, too.

I used the heater and it worked perfectly. There is also A/C but I didn't use it. You have to turn on the power for heating and cooling by a switch on the wall, located far above the unit. I think this is to keep small children from fiddling with the controls. Not a bad idea.

No Kleenex is provided.

You can walk to Starbucks from here.

It was great to have a fridge. I shoved 2 pies in there plus groceries. After we ate the pies, I kept my ice bucket in there so the ice wouldn't melt so fast. Worked like a charm.

Lot of positives here. Thanks!

Room Tip: Room 129 upstairs has poor wi-fi connectivity at the desk area.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family