“Summer of Disney”

Ranked #38 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Summer of Disney”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We generally stay at Cortona when we visit Disneyland. The only drawback is the old parking lot has been transformed into a new and under construction hotel. Not an extension of Cortona but still loud and most importantly creates lack of available parking spots. They do offer free Valet but thats not the same. Otherwise enjoyed hotel and most certainly will be using them again on our next Disney trip.

Room Tip: Get the two room suites. Having the seperate room for the kids is great. Even if you are not traveli...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

So here we are tonight at Cortona Inn and "Suites." First time and the last time. It all started with the reservation. I booked a kids suite online, through the hotel and about 3 hours into our trip I received a call telling me the kids suite was occupied and we would be unable to stay in that room. I was told my family could stay in a similar room and was given a small discount. This was good. When we arrived the parking lot was full and after checking I was told that parking was in another lot adjacent to the hotel. I was told first come first served. Now the kicker was the two cockroaches that were in the bathroom. One was dead and as big as a "suite" and the other was alive in the waste basket. When I called the front desk it was like it happens everyday. "OK we will send someone up to get him." In came the maintenance man with a white hand towel and scooped him up. The live one was found shortly after he left so we flushed him down the toilet. When I called on him I was given the obligatory "sorry." This is when I informed the front desk we would be vacating the very next day. After all it was midnight and we had been in Disneyland all day. Needless to say first time and last time Cortona Inn! Either take my word or you be the judge....

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pablo R
Vacaville, California, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

cortona inn was excellent the rooms were clean staff were excellent helpful and kind, 4 grandchildren were happy, loved the hot breakfast and the pool.would definately stay there nexttime, great location close to the park and very happy disney vacation.

Room Tip: ask for connecting rooms when making resevation I loved our rooms
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rebeca B
Nanaimo
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Trying to think of a few positive things about this hotel and all I can come up with is:
The in-room fridge is a good, bigger size
The rooms are well decorated and clean
Parking and breakfast is included

However, the walls in our room seemed to be paper thin wherein we could hear every little noise including our neighbours flushing the toilet next door. Beds were terribly uncomfortable with springs poking through. Our door to our room didn't open properly and kept sticking so we literally had to hip check it every time to open it which made a huge bang and shook the window.

Breakfast was okay but the breakfast staff were not at all friendly, food seemed to take a long time to be refilled, the room was always full so always a wait for a table, tables were dirty and staff didn't seem happy when asked for a cloth to wipe up tables, staff put away food right at 9:25/9:30 without warning even while guests were still eatting.

Valet parking is included and there is a stand with a chair out front for this service. However, on our last night around 12:30, there were two young guys hanging around the valet. They didn't appear to work for the hotel, no work uniform or name tag. Seemed a bit shady to me.

As well, one night when coming home late, some young teenage girls were hanging out under the bottom stairwell smoking. They didn't appear to be guests and seemed to be hiding there. They weren't threatening in any way but just made the hotel seem really shady.

I do see that pricing in Oct is $89 per night which is what this hotel is worth. I would say it is defiantly not worth the $122 to $146 plus taxes per night that we paid.

We have stayed at other hotels when going to Disneyland which I would highly recommend: Clarin Hotel and Howard Johnson. This hotel, unfortunately, I would not recommend.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank HolidayGirls5
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Loved the location of this hotel & it's amenities. Very clean & wonderful staff. Excellent location & close to all destinations we needed to go to. Everyday the breakfast was different & had a variety of items to choose from.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank rarodarte81
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My first impression when I entered the lobby was, "wow." For the price I paid I was not expecting it to be so nice. The room was spotless. We could see the fireworks from Disneyland the night we arrived which was a plus. The pool was inly 4 ft deep but clean and the breakfast was great for anyone without a gluten intolerance. The did run out of coffee and I had to drink the coffee in the room. We paid a lot less to stay here. The only thing I did not like was that it was very noisy from the room above us. I suggest bringing earplugs, expect cleanliness, and good location.

Stayed August 2014
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The room was clean, well priced, & included a mini fridge. Housekeeping was good, and beds were average on comfort scale. What really stood out was the Customer Service. Someone called the room every evening to ask how our stay was and if we needed anything. They stored my luggage before check-in time & after check out, so that I could attend my meeting at the Anaheim Convention Center, which was within 5-7 minute walk. I was very happy with the overall experience, and would certainly return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business