One of the main reasons i picked this hotel was in my mind if a staff member/management takes the time out to read on trip advisor about their hotel then it must be some good, also to respond as they do. For that reason i was very much looking forward to meeting John Rozatti.
My husband and i arrived at the Cortona and had a funny encounter straight away meeting the reception staff (Michelle and Sammy) whom have the same name as me and hubby. We had a great laugh which was welcoming after an 11.5 hour flight!
We were allocated a king suite with a separate lounge, great to have this and wasn't expecting it, so a lovely surprise after a long flight. There were two TV's, one in lounge and one in the bedroom. There was a 'certain smell' in the room, but i knew from experience being in American hotel rooms its because the windows are either locked or fastened to prevent injury or anyone getting into your room uninvited ! I went to reception and spoke to John who gave me permission to open them, i did this no problem and locked them back up again on departure. The shower and bathroom was very nice and decorated to a fairly high standard, we have been in 5* hotels and they didn't look as nice. A sink was present in the bedroom with ample of towels and a selection of shampoos etc.
The bed was huge, and very comfortable, clean linen and rooms cleaned every day. I have to say that being a well travelled person, i found that the house-keeping staff did a fantastic job, the rooms were spotless not just 'clean and tidy', you do not find this in every hotel.
I couldn't really find fault with anything and i am quite fussy. If i had to be honest and be really picky as some travellers on trip advisor are, then i would have to mention that the carpets were a little stained and appeared old, BUT not a problem for us !
I did fill in a questionnaire on departure to ask if there was any way to accommodate a mini bar, but already knew that rules and regs couldn't foresee this being a 3* property.
We spoke to John on several occasions and very interested to hear that the hotel is going to be re-vamped, we were also lucky to have a sneak pre-view of the master suite and how the other rooms will look sometime soon. I was very impressed, very beautiful. Thank you John for allowing us to see it.
I wanted to mention the truth reguarding breakfast times in the mornings. For future reference i would like to say in defense that breakfasts here are included in the price and are filling to say the least. Boiled eggs, toast, juices, croissants, waffles, cereals, pastries and as much coffee/tea as you want. Everything you could want and more. The staff in here work really hard, also where else can you sit and watch a disney film whilst you eat. Sometimes it can become hectic in there due to not a lot of room to accommodate a lot of tables and chairs, but just wait patiently, and you will be rewarded.
We did not venture in the pools even though heated as the morning for us Brits were coldish, but plenty of people did go in and seemed to be having a good time.
You could buy snacks and coke etc from the vending machine outside of reception. Fairly reasonable in price as well.
The car park is of a good size and i believe free parking, this is a good plus as a lot of hotels surrounding disneyland are pricey, so adds money onto your holiday. The grounds are very nice, and on entering the car park and lobby you feel at ease, this hotel certainly has the 'feel good factor'.
Disneyland is a good walk, but we actually felt it quite nice as often we called into the 7-11 shop on the way back. Also we had nice meals at the new garden walk.
So to some up, we had a lovely holiday and made good friends with the staff here, they were helpful and would do anything they can to make your holiday go without a hitch.
You can also book your park tickets and transport to other favourite places you wish to go, the staff will do this for you. If you do not want to drive then there is transport readily available, we never had any and managed - no problems.
I want to thank John for putting up with us, especially me :) I asked a lot of questions so to put my true thoughts on Trip advisor, he always answered them professionally.
Would i recommend this hotel, course i would no doubt at all, the Cortona had everything we needed and more, for a 3* (including breakfast) it has great rates. Next time i want the posh suite :)
Thanks to everyone for making our holiday a dream come true.
Michelle and Sam - UK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEAUTIFULLY REMODELED ROOMS!! Welcome to the Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort and proudly serving guests from around the world since 2004. Located just a block and a half away from the Disneyland(R) Resort and adjacent to the Anaheim Convention Center. Thoughtfully set-back off Harbor Boulevard, the Cortona Inn & Suites allows you to enjoy our peaceful and quiet surroundings yet still be within footsteps of everything the Anaheim Resort has to offer. The Cortona Inn & Suites offers a choice of all non-smoking deluxe rooms with king bed or two queen beds as well as one-bedroom Siena Executive Suites and one-bedroom Toscana Kids' Suites. For larger families, we also offer a spacious Two-Room Family Suite. All rooms and suites feature faster free wireless internet access, refrigerator & microwave oven, 39 inch flat panel HDTV with cable, iron/ironing board and more. Enjoy our free hot continental breakfast each morning and parking at no additional charge. Relax, unwind and enjoy your visit to the Anaheim Resort and Disneyland(R) Resort Parks at the Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cortona Inn And Suites Anaheim Resort
- Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
- Cortona Hotel Anaheim
- Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort California