“Good enough, if you aren't picky”

Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort
Ranked #40 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Texas
“Good enough, if you aren't picky”
Reviewed 22 November 2009

This hotel has it's pros and cons. The cons are mostly small, and while they aren't awful, they do reduce your enthusiasm. For instance, there are no towel racks in the bathroom-- the handicapped railing next to the toilet doubles as where the hotel hangs your hand towels. The hotel soap smells like incense (which gets kind of gross quick). Also, while there's a breakfast, it's also a little gross if you're staying for any longer than a day. Aside from the stack of boiled eggs and waffles, everything else tastes like it was bought at a gas station. In addition, the internet connection is only in the lobby area, which is in a totally separate building from your room. It's free, but when you boot up, it also pops up a screen describing "charges" that never get assessed. Finally, I found the staff a little hit or miss in terms of how thorough or helpful they are (they're slightly less helpful over the phone for some reason).

The pros are mostly due to the location. You're literally a few doors down from the convention center and its other associated hotels. That was great. It's possible to walk to Disney Downtown, but that's ill-advised. There's a pay shuttle down the road, and a taxi costs about $8.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver CO
Reviewed 17 November 2009

We stayed here for a trip to Disneyland. The hotel staff was very nice. The location was great I found it a long but easy walk to Disneyland. The room was large and clean. Breakfast consists of pastries, fruit, Coffee, Cereal, Milk, hard boiled eggs, juice, toast, gravy and they have a waffle iron for you guessed it waffles. My only problem was the pull out bed in the couch was bent in an uncomfortable lump. But overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Cortona_Cares, Director of Sales at Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 18 November 2009
Dear mmarrs,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable. We continue to gain a reputation in Anaheim as one of the few hotels that offer a great deluxe Continental that has a variety of breakfast favorites. Its especially helpfull to those that are planning their vacation and looking for ways to economize as much as possible. When you get ready to plan your next visit, be sure to call us and mention that you are a valued previous customer. Thanks again!
Seattle
Reviewed 29 October 2009

I started planning my trip months in advance.. This hotel offers internet rates where you can prepay and get an amazing discount.. I was not able to take advantage of this offer but my aunt and family were.. So when i went to book.. the rate was slightly higher but thats ok.. I booked a single KING deluxe room.. . I had payment questions and talked with ALMA at the hotel.. she is amazing.. not only did she help me get payment set up so that I was able to prepay all my charges. She was pleasant and helpful every time i had a request she went out of her way to help me. I arrived at the hotel at 11am and Alma offered to keep my bags till I got back that night, When I got back to the hotel, my room was clean and nice.. bed was comfortable and tons of pillows I had 5 bed pillows. I did not have housekeeping do my room every day.. but I did get fresh linens and had trash taken out. Any time i needed extra towels I was greeted with a smile and great service. The Pool and jacuzzi were very nice. continental breakfast was way more than just juice and a roll.. they had multiple cereals, eggo and fresh made self serve waffles, multiple juices, milk, hard boiled eggs , coffee and even biscuits and gravy. I did not have a car.. so I relied on my family to get to the park.. but I did use the shuttle bus service to come back to the hotel on several occasions.. 3.00 each way.. they do offer a rt option as well as a day pass . I stayed at the Cortona 11 days.. and I plan to stay their again the next time I go.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank chrisinseattle
Cortona_Cares, Director of Sales at Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 9 November 2009
Dear chrisinseattle,
Thanks so much for your very detailed review of the Cortona Inn & Suites. I am pleased to know that your stay was enjoyable. Its also nice to read that you took advantage of our wonderful Continental Breakfast and found our new remodeled rooms to your liking. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to Alma. Thank you so much for recognizing her as she is one of our key employees who beleives in delivering excellent customer service. When you start to plan your next visit, please be sure to give us a call. And mention that you are one of our previous guests. Thanks again!
Seattle
Reviewed 29 October 2009

Over all we were very happy with the Cortona, we were treated very well by the staff, our room was always clean. The pool was also clean, our kids would have lived in it if we had let them.
We were very happy staying there, and not only will we recomment it, we will be Going back.

Cons:
the only cons I can think of is that the breakfast room is really small and it is common to not get a table, people were standing around eating. The only solution to this problem would be to close the gift shop and open up that wall .I don't even know if this is possible.

Also, No free wifi? even the cheapest of cheapest of motels give you free wifi. Yes it is free in the lobby, but after a long day at Disneyland, do you really want to go to the lobby to get done what you need done?
The Josaphat Family.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Brisbane
Reviewed 28 October 2009

Me and my partner planned a three week holiday in the USA from Australia and had to choose between the Cortona Inn & Suites & the Holiday Inn on South Manchester Ave. After reading the reviews on this website, we decided to go with Cortona as their reviews were much the same as the Holiday Inn, but Cortona was closer to Disneyland.
All i can say, about my ten day stay here, is FABULOUS!! Everything was fantastic, they let us check in early, after a 12 hour flight that was much appreciated, they changed our room when i realised our window opened onto a brick wall letting no natural light in, and changed me again three days later when the internet wasn't working in our room!! The breakfast was fine, it is Continental but does that job! The room was well equipped with bar fridge, microwave and coffee maker, one suggestion - need instructions on how to use the coffee machine! The pool and spa was clean, the grounds were well maintained and the staff were more than helpful. There is not one thing i could say that was not good about this place! Not one thing at all. If i plan on traveling back to Anaheim i will certainly be booking with Cortona Inn again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I traveled with my 2 younger children, my parents, my sister, her husband, and their 3 children; That 10 of us! My parents and I shared a kids suite which was just perfect for us. There was a King size bed in the front room and the back room with a seperate closet and TV had a pull out full size sofa bed and bunk beds. My parents stayed in the front room and the kids and I had our privacy in the back room. We requested my sister be close to us and we were able to be on the same floor, just a few doors down.
The staff was so nice from the minute we got there and made checking in comfortable and easy.
The cleaning staff were very friendly and accomadated us with our extra towel request. And that was all we had to ask for.
The breakfast was pretty sufficient for being the continental kind that normally leaves me finding something better for my children to eat. They had waffles, pastries, fruit, boiled eggs if you got there in time, coffee, tea, etc. The woman that was there in the morning in the breakfast area was very sweet and never seemed to be put out by being there to assist us... even when my baby nephew spilled or dropped food (which of course we attempted to clean up ourselves first!)
The hot tub and pool were clean, the parking was convenient.
We all really enjoyed this hotel and were sad to go, it was so nice! It may have even raised our expectations too high... We left Anaheim to stay the next few days in San Diego and that place was a disaster. Had we stayed there first and then gone to the Cortona, we would have felt like royalty :).
I will never stay anywhere else on our future trips to Disney... Oh yeah, it's only a half mile from the park entrance!

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
Cortona_Cares, Director of Sales at Cortona Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 28 October 2009
Dear Mel2B,
Thank you so much for your guest review of our hotel. I am pleased to know that you found our hotel to be to your satisfaction. Your experience and comments are shared by hundreds of others that stay every week. Its most rewarding to read comments such as your and to share them with our entire staff, as each one of them works hard to ensure that guests are greeted warmly upon arrival, that rooms are cleaned promptly and thouroughly and that our amenities are pleasing and appreciated. We just finished a very nice refreshening of our rooms, continue to offer a very nice deluxe Continental Breakfast each morning and offer free guest parking as well. Cortona Inn & Suites is very committed to offering guests value for their dollar without compromise.
Again, thanks for your review and for staying with Cortona Inn & Suites.
flordia
Reviewed 24 October 2009

I have stayed at just about every Hotel/ Motel around Disneyland and decided to stay at the Cortona Inn for the first time.
We arrive at the hotel mid afternoon after calling the hotel earlier that morning to inform them of our early arrival, I remember speaking to a cheerful lady who kept calling me "darling and sweetie" and inform me it was okay to check in early.
As we arrive I was being helped by a lady named Alma, she was friendly at first but started to get annoyed while she was finding my reservation. I told Alma, I just called in the morning and spoke with another lady who set aside the room for us and she said it was okay to check in anytime. She told me that that room type wasn't ready and that I have to either wait until 3PM (which it was just around noon) to check in or she can store my luggage. As I’m deciding what to do I let this lady go before me and I happen to overhear she is also checking in and there is a room for her, the same lady that told me there was no clean rooms at all! I was so frustrated but I didn't want it to ruin my family vacation I left and went along with my day and came back to the hotel to check in.
That was another nightmare, a young gentleman checked me in with no personality and no smile on their face. (I knew from then on this is definitely not a friendly neighborhood hotel as they claim to be.) As I was lying in bed after a long drive from Grand Canyon to Anaheim and my long day at the Downtown Disney, I receive a phone call from the same gentleman that checked me in (which this time I caught and remembered his name: Greg) informing me they over booked my room type and that they are going to down grade me and refund one night. By this time I am beyond mad, my children are sleeping and my wife and I had to change rooms at 11 PM?!!
This hotel is the most horrible hotel yet and I stayed in many hotels, they need new employees and mangers that know how to run a hotel and handle guest.
I will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Tommyrider
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Your comments are unique in the sense that we did try to accommodate your request for early check in. It is possible that the guest that you let pass ahead of you had a different room type than yours that was ready and therefore was able to gain immediate occupancy. If your room type was NOT available at that same instant, we would have informed you of such. Although our check in time is 3PM, it seems as though we are being faulted for not providing your room earlier than guaranteed. Typically, requests for early check in are based on availabilty of the room type upon your arrival, not necessarily at the time of a phone call. In any event, we accommodate the majority of our guests with early check in as a standard procedure, knowing that it is often appreciated. No doubt, your circumstances were out of the ordinary even though our clerks did try to find you an available room. As for the phone call you received at night, there was a rash of prank callers that were calling different hotels suggesting many things to guests. I honestly dont believe that any of our staff would be calling a guest room at the time of day you indicated suggesting the nees to change rooms or even use the term downgrade. When a guest has booked and paid for a suite we would have no reason to suggest that they be relocated to any other room type that is not a suite, let alone asking this during late evening.

I have sent two messages to your Trip Advisor Account asking you to contact us so that we may discuss your experience in more detail and to offer our apologies for any inconvenience or misunderstanding there may have been, however as of 28 Oct. 2009 we have not heard from you. In all fairness, it would have been nice to hear from you prior to your departure as we may have been able to address your concerns a bit more promptly. In any event, we apprecaite your comments and trust that you will be in touch soon.