“Atrocious!”

Anaheim Maingate Inn
Ranked #110 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Atrocious!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I wanted to save a few dollars so I booked this hotel room... NEVER, EVER AGAIN! The room was absolutely disgusting. The walls were filthy; bugs crawling all over; there was dirt all along the baseboards; no elevator and we were on the third floor in a hall that was dark and secluded and appeared very unsafe; furniture was old and decrepit; the box spring had several stains (how in the world does a box spring get stains?)- I dare not look at the mattress, we slept on top of the sheets in our dirty clothes; we had a total of two towels that were raggedy and ripped.... no hand towels, no washcloths; very limited and unsafe parking.. I was awakened at 4 a.m. by car alarms. We stayed the following night at the Sheraton Anaheim across the street and slept like babies! I will never make the mistake of staying in this Rodeway Inn again.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Pamella118

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here with my grand kids in March and am going back this month with my daughter and grand daughter. 1st of all there is very limited parking so once you are parked if you don't have to move your car-- you are better off leaving it parked. The rooms are very run downed but considering how little time I spent in the room-I could tolerate it. I have stayed in several places around Disneyland and I have found several in the same state for this price range. The main reason I am going back is how close it is to Disneyland-just a short walk across the Disney employee parking lot.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Very cheap prices for a very cheap room. Everyone's bad review of this hotel is spot on. No one is waiting at the front desk for check in so your left waiting in a hot, stuffy, cramped lobby. Parking sucks. Not handicapped accessible at all. No elevator only stairs to reach 2nd floor. Rooms are filthy. Dirty carpets, mold on walls which I think has to be against the law in a hotel. Dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty wall paper not to mention it's peeling off. Bathroom counter looks new...that's about it. This place should probably be demolished and just start over. It's just plain gross but if you looking for a cheap, dirty one night room you found the right place. There's people working on their cars in the parking lot. WTH??? I would recommend staying someplace else but I guess you get what you pay for

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Nen8189

Travellers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel two times in the past for an mini vacation to Disneyland and found that
the rooms was infested with filthy bathroom that has mold/rust in the shower ,worn out mini
fridge and chairs and the carpets are dirty and build up dirt on the carpet. NASTY! The whole
hotel is dingy all around .The check in is slow that no one is at the front desk that the wait is long
until someone show up. Don,t stay at the hotel, it,s an complete dive.

Room Tip: Better off paying more for an better hotel that is sanitary for your mini vacation.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank tanya_ace_sanders
Renton, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed three nights here, booking this from Choicehotels.com. Our walk was about 15 minutes, then only 5 minutes on the way back, because of staff parking procedure changes last month. However, it was easy to do.

It was a real bargain and the front desk staff could not have been nicer. This place was much better than I anticipated, considering the price. Yes, it’s older. Yes, there are things that need fixing, but the room was clean and the bedding was clean and comfortable. The “breakfast” was very limited: juice, hot tea or coffee and small muffins, nothing my husband could eat, but we had coffee and then went into the park for breakfast so it worked out fine. Iy had a mini-fridge ad mincrowave so we walked the block to the AM PM to get milk and drinks. The free wi-fi worked fine too.

They were especially accommodating to let us keep our luggage in the office on our last day after check out as our airport shuttle was coming in the evening, and then to change our clothes for the airport travel.

Walking back from eating on Harbour Ave we saw the fireworks! WOW!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

this place may not be Mandarin Oriental but they staff is great! so nice and its so close to Disneyland, you can hear the fireworks at night. its a clean place and they respect the privacy. the only Down side is that I requested a king size bed and instead I got 2 full beds, I was there with my boyfriend we didn't fit comfortably on the bed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Beaverton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

This hotel was nasty. Wallpaper pealing off the walls, broken door locks, gang members hanging out in the parking lot (appeared to be casing the cars)... Dirty carpet, rude lady at front desk. After 30 minutes, we were out of there. The manager refunded our money no problem. Wish I could upload my pictures. Mold in the bathroom and black stuff on the shower curtain. Small black bugs in the sink. It was awful, pay the extra $20 a night and stay somewhere clean!

• Stayed April 2013