“"You get what you pay for"”

Anaheim Maingate Inn
Ranked #112 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Pros- close to Disneyland, ART transportation across street, friendly managers, decent continental breakfast---coffee, tea, orange juice, muffins, big bathroom (3rd floor room)

Cons- old, raggedy towels, 3rd floor-spotty internet, old, dark, dingy hallway (felt unsafe), no elevator, holes in dirty room walls, old, crumbling n dingy shelving, shower floor felt slippery n moldy, old tv, dingy carpet, graffiti on closet glass door.

Room Tip: First floor would probably be best.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Ryan S

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have never had such a bad experience with a hotel. I reserved 2 rooms and they overbooked the hotel so that there was one room left on the day I was to arrive. They conveniently called to tell me hours before check-in that there was only one room for me. The person I talked to proceeded to make it seem like my fault because my reservation for 2 rooms was "confusing." Although they found another room for me at another hotel (therefore splitting my family on our family vacation) they still charged me for the 2 rooms that I booked at the Rodeway Inn. The man I dealt with asked me, "What is the problem now?" when I called about getting a refund for the room that I did not stay in, as if I was some demanding customer who could not be pleased. The room was disgusting, smelled of smoke, had stains on the towels and carpets, and the shampoo and conditioner provided were half empty. After the whole ordeal, I didn't even get an apology. Please, for your own sanity, safety, and cleanliness, go to another hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel for a better room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Kira M
Reviewed 24 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Alissa R
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

The manager gave us a free upgrade so that my friend and I had separate double beds, the location was good if you were wanting to be close to a bus stop or disneyland and the room was perfect for the standard traveller- clean beds, sheets and towels changed everyday. The only down side was that we could hear all the noise from people and cars passing by our room (we were on the ground floor) but it wasn't bad enough to stop me from recommending the place to others- definitely a great place to stay in anaheim overall! Would go back again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Chantallouise44
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I wanted to save a few dollars so I booked this hotel room... NEVER, EVER AGAIN! The room was absolutely disgusting. The walls were filthy; bugs crawling all over; there was dirt all along the baseboards; no elevator and we were on the third floor in a hall that was dark and secluded and appeared very unsafe; furniture was old and decrepit; the box spring had several stains (how in the world does a box spring get stains?)- I dare not look at the mattress, we slept on top of the sheets in our dirty clothes; we had a total of two towels that were raggedy and ripped.... no hand towels, no washcloths; very limited and unsafe parking.. I was awakened at 4 a.m. by car alarms. We stayed the following night at the Sheraton Anaheim across the street and slept like babies! I will never make the mistake of staying in this Rodeway Inn again.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Pamella118
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here with my grand kids in March and am going back this month with my daughter and grand daughter. 1st of all there is very limited parking so once you are parked if you don't have to move your car-- you are better off leaving it parked. The rooms are very run downed but considering how little time I spent in the room-I could tolerate it. I have stayed in several places around Disneyland and I have found several in the same state for this price range. The main reason I am going back is how close it is to Disneyland-just a short walk across the Disney employee parking lot.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Very cheap prices for a very cheap room. Everyone's bad review of this hotel is spot on. No one is waiting at the front desk for check in so your left waiting in a hot, stuffy, cramped lobby. Parking sucks. Not handicapped accessible at all. No elevator only stairs to reach 2nd floor. Rooms are filthy. Dirty carpets, mold on walls which I think has to be against the law in a hotel. Dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty wall paper not to mention it's peeling off. Bathroom counter looks new...that's about it. This place should probably be demolished and just start over. It's just plain gross but if you looking for a cheap, dirty one night room you found the right place. There's people working on their cars in the parking lot. WTH??? I would recommend staying someplace else but I guess you get what you pay for

• Stayed: June 2013