“An Outstanding experience in a charming location”
Review of Club 33

Club 33
Ranked #41 of 884 Restaurants in Anaheim
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Club 33 is one of those places that if you have the opportunity to enjoy, you just must do it. It is a private club/restaurant that I had the good fortune to be able to visit. The food was very good and the service outstanding! The atmosphere oozed of Walt Disney, as he designed the restaurant to be able to entertain guests. With that being said, the restaurant/club is undergoing renovations and will be much different when it re-opens. The restaurant is located in New Orleans Square above Pirates of the Caribbean and adjacent buildings (the renovation will expand the size a fair amount). The prices are not unreasonable for the experience, ambiance and good food. The menu does change through the seasons. The club allowed the group I was with to take over the restaurant for the evening and we had a great time. We enjoyed a number of the menu items and as it was my wife's birthday, they brought out a nice desert for her to celebrate. And don't forget to purchase a few souvenirs while you are there and have the opportunity.

1  Thank smckowan

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Unfortunately, unless you're a member of this club, good luck on getting in.

The menu changes from time to time, so if did get in, and didn't like what you had, chances are that the next time you go in, if you're being invited, the menu will be different, and you may find something more to your taste.

Let's not forget the great collector items sold inside the gift shop.

But before we get to the gift shop, take a look around the old place. I say "the old place", because the restaurant is currently under refurbishment, and is not expected to open back up until perhaps mid-June of 2014. When it does, a few things will be missing, and a few things will be changed. The trophy room, for starters, will be gone. The entrance will be where the former Court of Angels was in New Orleans Square. I understand that the previous entrance to the club will still be in existence, though, and that may be so that tours can see what used to be the entrance. That old entrance features an elevator that was in a Disney movie previously, I believe. I can't remember the movie, right now, but that is a nice little detail. Also, when the club opens back up, there will be a Jazz Club attached to it, so that the members have more room to relax, and enjoy what they have spent a good deal of money on.

Of course, members also get nice park perks that aren't to be laughed at.

If you are fortunate enough to be invited to dine here, please perform to your best behavior. The last thing anybody wants to see is somebody causing a scene in this dining location, and believe me, it has happened before.

Someday, I have promised myself that I will be a member of this club, too. For now, I can only be a lucky invited guest.

4  Thank Adam A
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Club 33 was Just OK. I'm only giving 3 stars because of the exclusive label. Otherwise, I'd drop it to 2 stars.

I may be one of the few people who will be giving just an A ok review of the world famous Disneyland's Club 33. Before you send the lynch mob at me, let me tell my story.....

We received this generous invitation from my friend so I could treat my boyfriend for his birthday. Stephen's day was a pure Disney day, starting at DCA's Carthay Circle for lunch, then a 80 minute massage at the Mandara in the Grand Californian, followed by dinner at Club 33. Trust me, I splurged, and we were in total Disney mode.

Quite honestly we liked the food and service from Carthay Circle better than 33. Maybe I should have asked for the famous Brunch? Regardless, we got dinner, and it was good, but not orgasmic.

Here's one thing that Club 33 missed, and Carthay got "spot on" ...
Our waiter totally missed the "Disney magic".

Our waiter was invisible when it came to 5 star service. He was an old guy who preferred to "schmooze" with the 33 "regulars" at the table next door (laughing it up, I may add!) rather than being nice to wide eyed guests like us. I truly felt we annoyed him. I think I saw him 3 times during our whole stay (he took our order, he took our dessert order, and he took my money). I don't even think he cracked a smile at us. I wish I could just tip the assistants and not the server.

I heard that the staff will take you on a "tour" of the Club. We were not offered that.

We heard we could buy 33 merchandise. We stood there in front of the curio staring at the merchandise. I had to body block a cast member walking by to sell us a shot glass.

The only thing that Club 33 had over Carthay Circle was the label of exclusivity, where you need to be a member or know a member in order to gain access to this Club and the famous toilets. Yes, there's Cast members who have never stepped foot inside 33, and most of the world have never been inside. So to gain access to such a "magical" place should be well, magical, right?

But dollar for dollar, and service for service, Club 33 didn't impress me. I spent about the same money for both places (and you know thats a few hundred dollars each place) only to feel like just another ordinary guest. My server was a chatty cathy to the regulars and treated me as "ordinary". How is that justified after spending $200 on theme park food (not to mention park admission)?

OK, Its off our bucket list, and our friends and family who saw our posts on Facebook were drooling and jealous... but now I can say I've been there. Would I go back? Perhaps.. and see if my experience changed.

Ok, Send in the hounds... I'm sure you Die Hard Disney nuts are agasped that I berated this institution... but folks, for the amount of money we paid, it was JUST OK.

24  Thank callmemochelle
Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you have a connection to get into club 33, do it! A fabulous experience! The restaurant is currently under renovation and is hoping to reopen this summer. We are all excited to see the changes that have taken place.

2  Thank Bubbieandme
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I am a huge Disney Fanatic. I try to visit Disneyland at least once a year even though its a five and a half hour plane ride for me to get there. I've always wanted to visit Club 33 after learning about it's history. Never in my dreams did I think I would get the opportunity to experience this wonderful restaurant.
Most people don't even know it exists except the few people who actually know about it. You can easily walk past that door and not think a thing. I was very lucky that my sisters and I had the opportunity to try this wonderful place. You walk up to the door and press the button on the left. A receptionist asks for your name in the speaker. Once you give them your name they will open the door for you if you have a reservations. As you enter, you will be greeted at the door. The attendant was so pleasant and told us that they were ready for us upstairs. We could either take the Authntic French Elevator, or the spiral staircase. We of course, needed to ride in the authentic elevator. Upon reaching the next floor, the Maitre d opened the elevator doors and welcomed us. As they showed us to our tables, I was in awe of the fabulous buffet they had out. Especially the dessert buffet! We were seated at the most beautifully dressed table. Disney definitely thinks about all the little details, even the plates and silverware.
The meal was absolutely wonderful, and the service impeccable. Our water glass was never empty, our napkins always refolded once we returned from the buffet line. After our meal we were able to walk around and see the different areas. The bathroom was cute, with an old fashioned chair as the toilet. Walt's trophy room was amazing, and we defintiely bought a number of souvenirs out of their glass display.
Club 33 was an amazing experience that I will always cherish. I can't see anyone giving up an opportunity to visit such a historical place in Disneyland where few have had the chance to visit.

2  Thank KauaiHITraveler