“good location & average experience”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #465 of 892 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Anaheim Hlls
Reviewed 26 June 2013

we had our dinner, the corner we were seated was so dimly lit, could hardly read the menu. It took them a while to bring the bread & olive oil, that too was cold. For appetizer we had ordered Bruchetta, fried zucini, not so good, fried zucini seemed like was fried in stale oil, some pieces were still limpy, dripping with oil. Bruchetta half of them not toasted well, so so. Main course dinner penne pasta was over cooked, difficult to chew. Only upside was ceasars salad, and one of the waiter singing a opera number. I guess could have stayed home and enjoyed glass of wine and home made pasta. Would I recommend this? Hmmmm Uhh!!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We went to the macroni grill on Father's Day. We made reservations a week in advance. Our table was next to the kitchen which was very load and busy. Our waiter was annoying. He took forever to explain the menu items. We had to beg to get refills on our drinks. The food was mediocre at best and expensive. We will never eat there again.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

This Macaroni Grill is on a downhill slide. This visit I ordered the Bib and Blue salad and there wasn't a hint of blue cheese on it. Sent it back and got two tiny sprinkles of blue cheese. The server gave my wife a glass of wine and did not even ask me if I wanted one. They left the bottle (honor system) with less than one glass left in it. I would not go back.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

My boys and I had lunch here the other day and really enjoyed our meals, although really it's more of a dinner venue. Our server suggested the chicken scalapini which was delicious (and a huge portion). My sons both enjoyed their pasta and combo dishes. Not much atmosphere at lunchtime, but would be nice for an evening meal.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Overpriced food that is passed off as genuine Italian food.
Good service. We had to wait 30 minutes because of the crowd,
I do not understand the popularity