“I'm a fan!”

SpringHill Suites Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #16 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at springhill suites. The room (1br suite) was huge! It felt like 900 sq feet or more! Plenty of room for my daughter and niece to run around in! The one br suite has one large walk in closet in the bedroom, and a large closet in the living area. Lots of places to sit! Two large couches, several chairs, two desks, etc. The kithen area was nice too! A stove top was handy to cook grilled cheese sandwiches for the kids and other quick meals. There are pans and cooking utensils and a few tupperwear bowls that came in handy, but only about 4 disposable eating sets (paper plates, plastic cups, and plastic utensils) so you might want to pack extra. Also the full size fridge and freezer was awesome! Loaded that thing full with water and we were good for Disneyland! The only downside was that the ac in the bedroom didnt work- I was too lazy to call and get it fixed though and just left the door open to get cool air from the adjacent room.

Bathrooms were fairly large- lots of counter space and a hook near shower handy for hanging clothes. We didnt have a fabulous glass shower like shown in the photos, but it worked out for the better since I had an inflatable tub for my daughter anyways.

The breakfast was decent- eggs, bacon, waffles, croissants, muffins, bagels, bread, variety of cereals, yogurt, milk, juice, fruit, coffee and teas. Just make sure you get there early because I think it's only from 6-930 and the seating isn't huge. Wished coffee was served all day though.

Check in was great- my luggage was missing from the airport and the staff was so kind and compassionate! They quickly gave me directions to nearby target and Walmart (less than 5 min away) so I could buy stuff diapers, clothes, and food for my baby. One thing though they forgot to send up a crib I asked for since I didn't have mine. It's ok though, I managed without it.

Parking is ample but all outdoor so it gets hot quickly. The pool is clean and quiet and there is a nice place to do laundry and print your boarding passes. All in all I'd come back here!

• Stayed: May 2014
Darrell B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hello suzuko98,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your photos with everyone here on TripAdvisor! Looks like the family was really able to stretch out and relax in one of our 1 bedroom suites, glad to hear you were able to make use full size refrigerator for drinks and snacks and the cook top for grilled cheese!!
Sorry to hear that your luggage didn’t make the trip with you, but I’m glad we were able to get pointed to local Walmart to get the clothes and supplies you needed to get you by. Please let us know next time you’ll be back in the area again, we’d all be huge fans of having you come stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We traveled to Disneyland May 7th-10th and decided to stay here at SpringHill. We have no regrets whatsoever. The staff was amazing. There was a young guy I believe by the name Taylor (sorry I'm not positive) that was so friendly and polite. The front office manager was always there at night to greet us and he was just as friendly. The room was great, we had a standard room and it had a small dividing wall that was just great. The hotel was always clean!

I've read some reviews that the breakfast area is crowded, this can be true. If you go during the peak hour of 8:30 or so before everyone goes to Disney, just allow some extra time to account for it--it is a complimentary breakfast after-all. I found the breakfast to be great and it met our needs.

I really enjoyed our stayed! Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello Nicole G,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for posting your review here on TripAdvisor! It’s nice to hear that our Team in the evening is doing a good job welcoming our guests and being friendly throughout you stay with us. I’ll definitely tell Tyler at the Front Desk, and Jason my Front Office Manager to keep up the good work!!
You’re absolutely right that breakfast can get crowded during our peak periods, so we do get everything setup early for those who wish to beat the rush (6:30a-9:30a Mon-Fri, 7:00a-10:00a Sat & Sun). Please let me know if there’s ever anything we can do for you in the future, we’d love to have you come stay with us again!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed there last week for our Disney trip. The staff is very efficient . The rooms are nice and comfortable. They have a walk in closet where you can store everything. The bathroom as a stand up shower. We stayed on the fourth floor 416 this room was great for watching the fireworks from Disney had a front row seats. The breakfast was fresh and had many great choices. It is a convenient walk to Disney . We had six people in our room and it didn't seem crowded. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: One facing parking lot
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tony R
Jason B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Hello Tony R
Thank you for sharing with us your experience at our hotel. We take great pride in helping our guest have a wonderful stay. It means a lot to know our guests have a great time. I’m also glad to hear you were able to enjoy our wonderful view of the fireworks; it’s a nice way to end a night. I hope your vacations bring you back soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here in the last week of April. This is a brand new hotel, very nice considering the majority of hotels around Disneyland are pretty old and run down. The lobby, pool, gym, and rooms were all very nice and well maintained. The front desk staff were always very friendly and nice to talk to. The room was nice and large and had everything we could have wanted. A small fridge, microwave, desk, couch, etc. They even stocked it with a couple paper plates and plastic cutlery each day (great for making lunches to take to Disneyland). My only complaint about the room (which other reviews noted) was the sliding frosted glass door for the bathroom lets a lot of light into the sleeping area if someone goes in there to use it at night. Perhaps a light on a dimmer or some kind of night lighting would be a nice upgrade in the future. Not a huge deal though.

The free breakfast was fine. Nothing amazing, but it was decent enough to fill you up before heading to the park. I think the complaints in some of the original reviews have been addressed. We ate there are several different times in the morning and there were always enough tables and the staff was constantly restocking all of the food. They did away with the waffle makers though (I think they just take too long and cause too many complaints). They always had two hot items (scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits/gravy) plus lots of breads/mini-muffins, cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee, milk, tea, etc.

The property is on the NW side of Disneyland. I think it would be a long walk to the entrance but do-able (probably not with little kids). We always rode the ART shuttle to Disney. That was the biggest complaint about my trip (not springhills fault). The shuttle wasn't every 20 minutes as ART advertises, usually every 30, sometimes longer. And on a few occasions, the shuttle they use on this route was inadequately small. One morning, the bus was full when it got to the springhill, and a small amount of us were able to board and stand, but a long line of people were left to wait for the next bus. Hopefully Springhill can complaint to ART and get bigger busses during peak hours.

Overall, the Springhill was a great new hotel, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank zachulaa

Hello Zachulaa,

Thank you for writing about your stay at our property. We take great pride in helping our guest have the best vacation possible. I’m glad you found our suite spacious and comfortable with everything that you needed for a wonderful stay.
To help with planning transportation to the parks, we are located close to two transportation options for Disney other than the ART shuttle. The first is the Tram at the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure which will drop you off near the front entrance of the parks. The Second is the Monorail at Downtown Disney that will take you to Tomorrowland inside Disneyland (You must have your tickets for Disney to ride the monorail). Both these walks from our hotel are about 10-15mins. The Art Shuttle is a great option but as you mentioned they do not run on a good set schedule. So occasionally it does take them longer than their posted 20 minutes and buses do fill up at certain time of the day usually around when Disneyland closes for the day.
I am glad that you spent your vacation with us and invite you to come back again soon. If there is anything that I can assist with please let me know.

Sincerely

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the first part of our honeymoon (Disneyland pre-cruise) I was genuinely blown away by the exceptional staff and amenities available. Immediately upon arrival we had our keys ready and were provided with all information about how to best get around the area. The lobby and lounge was very clean, comfortable and modern too! As we were traveling with a large group of friends, this was perfect for all of us to gather while still having privacy in the suites. We mainly stayed poolside in the evenings and never had issues with overcrowding.
The suite itself was lovely and well designed. Loved the kingsize bed, so comfy! The bathroom was perfect for two people getting ready and the mirror had built in lights which was most helpful. The best part was the personal note and small gift acknowledging our newlywed status, it made us feel well looked after.
Breakfast was much better than the typical continental style at other hotels. We really liked the waffle stations and the hotel team did a great job of keeping the area clean and well stocked.
One other added bonus was being able to see the fireworks from Disneyland on the weekend night! We opted to return to the hotel after a full day in the park. I was a bit disappointed to miss the light shows but we were traveling early the next morning. As luck would have it, we were soaking in the hot tub we could hear the first few fireworks and watched the whole show from the rear parking. Not too loud but still felt like we were getting the show too. :)
This hotel was a big win all around for us and our group, highly recommend!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ljpinke

Hi Ljpinke,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such an excellent review of our hotel. We are excited that our guests love our hotel as much as we do. Also it’s not every day we get to celebrate a honeymoon. I hope your day was filled with love from family and friends. We were glad we got to be part of the celebrations. I wish you many happy years to come and please come visit us again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stumbled across this brand new hotel the night before travelling online. I had never heard of it before but happy to hear it was a Marriott property. It was a wonderful surprise to find a great rate so close to the check-in date. Just before arriving, I called to note late arrival and Dina asked if she could arrange a taxi once I arrived in Anaheim (what a nice gesture of customer service!). Upon check-in at 11pm, Jose was waiting at the front desk to greet me. The hotel was quiet, but as I looked around I enjoyed the trendy and modern décor, the clean newness of the hotel and a smiling face. The room (a suite) was very nice. Every piece of space was utilized well from the refrigerator, to the living space, the desk area to the bed and bathroom. Everything was thought out. The next morning, I was able to enjoy free hot breakfast and watched Oscar refill everything from coffee to biscuits to breakfast breads. He stayed busy as the lobby got busy with families pouring in. Ready to go to Disney, Tyler at the Front Desk was very helpful telling us about our transportation options and quickly handled our ART purchase for our day at Disney. The next day we were set to check out, it was noticeable that Darrell (who we later found to be the GM) was assisting guests, even clearing away breakfast items left behind and tidying up the lobby. Very impressed, I took a moment to commend him and his staff on such great service and such a wonderful hotel. My only regret is that others will discover this hidden gem before I have time to return in all of its newness. I surely hope guests take care of this hotel and Darrell is able to keep it pristine. There is something to be said for a clean and trendy hotel with great staff. And trust, I will return again as this stay was just what I needed for a Sweet Weekend Get-Away! Thanks Spring Hill Suites!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SeriousSDTraveler
Darrell B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Hello SeriousSDTraveler,

Thank you for the seriously amazing review of our hotel!! It always so great to hear from our guests that we’re taking care of them from check in to checkout. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize my staff, from Dinah & Jose at check in, to Oscar and Tyler in the morning I know we all strive to make lasting, memorable experiences for our guests (and yes, even I get to join in the fun from time to time).
We’ll certainly be doing everything we can to keep the hotel looking pristine and ready for you on your next Sweet Weekend Get-Away! Hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Really like the Springhill room layout. We stayed I'm one in deadwood SD last fall, great as well. Good sleep, good free breakfast, good shower. What else do you need?

Really close to Disneyland as well.

Booked thru tripadvisor.com which was quick, easy and gave a good rate. I actually booked the room on my phone while in line for Space Mountain!

Room Tip: King suite
Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HouZooDad

Hello HouZooDad,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and for staying with us on your recent trip to Disneyland. I’m really glad you like our room designs and that you were able to get a good night’s rest after your day at the Park and a nice breakfast in the morning. What else could you need, you inquired? I may be a bit biased, but I think we have a pretty amazing staff here to serve you as well!!
Please let me know next time you’re headed to our area, I’d love to have you come and be our guest again. Thank you!