“Fun for the kids”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Disneyland
Description: Join Chef Goofy and some other favorite Disney Characters at this whimsical buffet-service restaurant where everyone's a kid! Dine on a wide selection of delicious dishes and laugh it up during your meal.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As soon as reservations opened for our trip, I booked Goofy's Kitchen. It books up fast. When we entered, we could get in line to take a picture with Mickey. The kids were in awe of all the characters that came by. They were able to get autographs and pictures. Throughout our meal, they had a parade of characters that would come through. The kids had so much fun. The food was decent. Everyone was able to find something to eat. It is really about the experience, not the food. It is quite expensive and glad we did it once, but will probably never do it again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,860)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My daughter wanted to go here for her 10th birthday dinner on a Saturday in March 2018. Reservations require a credit card to hold the slot. The more desirable time slots go quickly, so book in advance. We thought we left in plenty of time to park and walk in. Did not consider the traffic time just to turn into the parking lot. Got there 30 mins later than estimated to arrive. Luckily, when we got there, there was no issues because we were late.

Place was half empty when we sat at 5:30, so had plenty of photos with different Disney characters. Our photos turned out "better" with less patrons there, because you don't see tons of people in the background. We also had more time with all the characters walking through.

The food was quite good for a buffet. My daughter tried lots of foods at the lower kids buffet. She ate mac & cheese, pizza, chicken nuggets... She said the food there was good.
I had the roast beef, mash potatoes, and veggies. Very good.
The best part of the buffet is the expansive dessert menu. Lots of items in small, sample size.

I was not quite sure of even the price of the buffet when I booked, figured it may vary. I reserved for 4 people online. At the check-in register, the cashier rang me up for 4 people. I had to mention my 9 year old daughter to pay the kid's price of $25 for her. The lady did not do it by just seeing a kid in the group. The adult price was $43. Also, at the cashier, a tip of 18% was rung up with the dinner buffets. In my mind, I was thinking that I was going to get terrible service. I mean, the worker already got his or her tip. What will motivate them to give better service? And at buffets, the patrons have to carry all their own plates anyway. I think the 18% tip was a bit presumptuous.

2  Thank 538elisen
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As DVC members we have eaten at Chef Mickey’s (Walt Disney World, Florida) many times and all agreed that the food at Goofy’s Kitchen was far better than Chef Mickey ever has been. We really enjoyed ourselves. Not only did the food exceed our expectations but the Character visits with Minnie, Mickey, Chip, Dale and Goofy we also great! It was a fun evening of great food, fun memories and attentive service.

1  Thank Kristy G
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was pricy but it was worth every penny! Seeing my kids face when the characters came to our table to take pictures , it was great! When I told the staff my children had peanut allergies one of the chef personally came to our table to ask what he can do to make sure their food was safe. He made sure their food was prepared and far away from all nuts. Amazing staff! Great environment!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went in for dinner with a reservation and still had a 45 minute wait. I expect that though being in a tourist spot so no biggie. Buffet style restaurant with a waiter who serves your drinks and makes sure you're having a good time. Food selection was good, it's a buffet so quality reflects that. Our waiter was so charming and funny, very attentive to our table and the birthday girls. We were greeted at our table by almost every character available. They took pictures, signed autographs and sang happy birthday! pretty pricey spot but overall worth it in my opinion.