“Our choosen BBQ restaurant in North OC in SoCal!”
Review of Blake's Place

Blake's Place
Ranked #191 of 896 Restaurants in Anaheim
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I'll make it quick...
The pulled pork pile-AWESOME. (see photo of just 1/3 of one-I wolfed it down before remembering I wanted to take a pic of it for TripAdvisor!)
The ribs-melt in your mouth.
The brisket sandwich is husband's fave.

DID YOU KNOW that if you sign up for their eClub, you'll get a free pulled pork pile for your birthday????
YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM

Great BBQ. Gotta love North Orange County.

ONE of these days I'll order 'The Beast' and shove it down my throat within 1/2 hour. It's a huge sandwich, go to the website, it's a pretty neat contest (plus a great sandwich, even if you don't . You can get some ideas as to how to eat something like this so quickly. HINT-You DON'T hold the whole thing in your hands and bite into it !!!

Reviewed 30 January 2013

California isn't exactly known for its BBQ, yet we still seem to have our share of "imitators" trying to push their product off as being authentic and faithful to some other place where real BBQ cannot be faked. Well, as one who owns his own big league smoker, Blake's Place is the REAL DEAL! They actually smoke their meat (believe it or not, not all BBQ joints do)!! And, they totally have the formula down for delivering 1st rate pulled pork and brisket sandwiches, baby-back ribs and all the fixings. I agree that it is a bit hard to find, its worth the effort! The only thing I found missing was the wet-wipes needed to "de-stick" the fingers after the meal (But, even that may not be necessary if you're prone to licking off all that great sauce)!

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Mark C is absolutely right...blink and you'll pass it! Group of 7 of us went, each ordering something different so we could try it all. Pulled pork won hands down. If you order a brisket sandwich get the meat chopped versus sliced, seemed easier to eat that way. Everything was tasty, restaurant was very clean and the staff is five star. Four stars given because my ribs arrived cool/warm and because while I don't consider Blake's pricey, I will say for the prices charged, I would prefer real plates, etc. and for the orders to be taken at the table rather than at a counter...especially when the party is large.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

The Pulled Pork is exactly what it sounds like. It’s tender, slow-cooked, smoked pork that literally falls apart into shreds. They toss it in Blake’s BBQ sauce and serve it up in a lump. It has a little too much BBQ sauce for me. I’m more of a smoked meat person who uses the sauce on the side to add as needed. Otherwise, the pork tasted pretty good. Thumbs up!

Blake’s Big Pulled Pork Pile is slow smoked pork, pulled and served on their big bun with BBQ sauce, cole slaw, and red onion. You’ll definitely need extra napkins for this sandwich! Again, a little too much BBQ sauce for me, but my family loved this sandwich! The sweet, BBQ sauced smoky pork complemented the cool, creamy cole slaw. The bun was soft yet held this pork beast together. Thumbs up! If you’re feeling a bit of Man vs. Food hunger, they also offer the Blake’s One Pounder Bomber or “THE BEAST” (two and a half pounds of food, YIKES!)

Sandy’s Bread Pudding is a huge portion with a side of vanilla sauce to slather on. It was a very dense and custardy bread pudding. It had a bit more raisins in it than expected. The vanilla sauce was creamy and gave it a down-home comfy goodness. Thumbs up!

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Blake's Place is a family owned and run BBQ restaurant located in the middle of an area of light industry establishments. If you blink...sneeze... or look the wrong way you'd pass it.

Please take the time to drop in and try the eat-in or take-out offerings. My family chooses to always eat in as there are large screen television monitors to watch the local sports action.

We have not found anything on the menu to "reject." Try the combination plate and do not overlook the corn-on-the-cobb!

Take a look at the other comments and I also raise my glass/cup with two thumbs up!