“STILL great BBQ, great ribs, pulled pork sandwich terrific!”
Review of Blake's Place

Blake's Place
Ranked #178 of 900 Restaurants in Anaheim
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We got a coupon in email for 'buy one bbq sparerib plate, get the 2nd one free'. How could we resist!!!???
Rib plate was great. I didn't expect any less, really. Meat fell off the bone almost!
They also have beer and wine available.

You go up to the counter, order your food, then they bring it to you.

Whenever we want to go for BBQ or meat, we always go here.

ALWAYS. Especially on birthdays! (Namely, MINE)

I also understand that they're in Los Alamitos, CA as well.

2  Thank schmink45

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Blake's never disappoints. Always a flavor explosion & warm, hospitable service. Not a fancy place & since it's in the midst of a series of businesses & industrial tracks it could be a secret. We were 6 adults...all ordered different items & all if us were happy campers! This time instead of a traditional combo I had the pulled pork sandwich...it's called "pork pile" and that's pretty accurate! Big soft bun loaded with awesome pulled pork & the coleslaw right on the sandwich...YUM. Other items really enjoyed, baby back rib plate & the Tasha's BBQ trio sampler sandwiches. It's all good. My office frequently uses their catering service and everyone is always happy. As I said, Blake's isn't fancy...you walk up & order your food..but the service is great. Very friendly staff always willing to make your visit enjoyable.

1  Thank CharlaAV711
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

BBQ brisket was just average, not great but not bad. Portions were kind of small. Sides were $1.99 and only about 1/2 cup each. Beer was by the bottle and $3.75 each. Service was great at the counter and very attentive throughout the meal. They have both indoor and outdoor seating. Worth a stop if you are in the area but I would not go out of your way to get here.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

I'll make it quick...
The pulled pork pile-AWESOME. (see photo of just 1/3 of one-I wolfed it down before remembering I wanted to take a pic of it for TripAdvisor!)
The ribs-melt in your mouth.
The brisket sandwich is husband's fave.

DID YOU KNOW that if you sign up for their eClub, you'll get a free pulled pork pile for your birthday????
YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM

Great BBQ. Gotta love North Orange County.

ONE of these days I'll order 'The Beast' and shove it down my throat within 1/2 hour. It's a huge sandwich, go to the website, it's a pretty neat contest (plus a great sandwich, even if you don't . You can get some ideas as to how to eat something like this so quickly. HINT-You DON'T hold the whole thing in your hands and bite into it !!!

Reviewed 30 January 2013

California isn't exactly known for its BBQ, yet we still seem to have our share of "imitators" trying to push their product off as being authentic and faithful to some other place where real BBQ cannot be faked. Well, as one who owns his own big league smoker, Blake's Place is the REAL DEAL! They actually smoke their meat (believe it or not, not all BBQ joints do)!! And, they totally have the formula down for delivering 1st rate pulled pork and brisket sandwiches, baby-back ribs and all the fixings. I agree that it is a bit hard to find, its worth the effort! The only thing I found missing was the wet-wipes needed to "de-stick" the fingers after the meal (But, even that may not be necessary if you're prone to licking off all that great sauce)!