“Worth what we paid for..”
Review of Rainbow Inn

Rainbow Inn
Ranked #102 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Cheap & clean place for short stays. We stayed couple nights, very convenient location for disneyland. The room smelled a bit weird but service was good. The staff was polite and helpful. Reccomended for 1-2 days.

• Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Rainbow Inn

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My daughters & I stayed a couple nights at this motel. Based on pictures on their website, the rooms looked very nice. However, our room was small and looked more like a prison cell. There was a strange, unpleasant odor in the room and bugs were flying around. In the tiny bathroom, the tub was in bad shape and in need of repair. Outside, the pool was so dirty that my daughters refused to use it, and the hot tub was out of order. The only redeeming thing about this motel was the extremely friendly staff.

Room Tip: For a good room, don't stay in this part of Anaheim.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Rainbow Inn in Anaheim CA appears to be a whole different place than what they show on their website. The rooms were dingy, dark, smelly and disgusting. The room smelled moldy and the carpets were filthy. the bathroom was disgusting...absolutely disgusting. I could not allow my wife and children to stay in this place. I will NEVER book another room here again!
I have no idea where all these people claiming that this is "a great place to stay" come from.
Obviously, they didn't spend ANY time at the Rainbow Inn in Anaheim!
I cannot, for the life of me, believe that anyone could be so desperate to actually stay at this place.

For you family's sake, for your own sake...STAY AWAY FORM THE RAINBOW INN!!!!!

Room Tip: None. Stay away from this disaster.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David O
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We went to LA area just for one night, two days so what I looked for was a motel was cheap (In the better meaning of the word!) that had the minimum amenities I needed. I checked here for good reviews.
Our room was for 4 people but it could accomodate at least 2 more in sleeping bag if needed. The room was big! It was very clean as well the linen although we could see that they were old. The comforts covering the two queen beds were thorn and with some small holes on it.
As strange as it can be, the room had fridge and microwave but no coffee maker.

The sink is outside of the bathroom with a big counter top which was very helpful for us.

They have a flat screen TV with the basic cable chanels but no HBO. I don't care as when I am in LA I don't turn on TV except for news. But just a warning for people who love HBO and other movie channels.

BUT the so called breakfast that some people "loved it", was restricted to coffee in a thermal caraffe and smal cupcakes. No toast, no cereal no milk, no juices.

10 minutes from Disneyland, 5 minutes from Knott's and 5 minutes from Medieval Times.

If you are in LA and don't care about luxury, this is the place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My daughter, her boyfriend and I checked in for a 5 day stay. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and there was plenty of hot water. The room was cleaned and we received fresh towels daily. If you are expecting amentities, then this isn't the place for you. If you are looking for a basic room, with friendly service, you can't beat the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Shannen A
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff at this hotel is absolutely amazing. Once we explained how we were splitting our two rooms between our family they offered to move us to the adjoining room they had to make things more convenient for us. The rooms were very clean, roomy, and all around very nice. Price was incredibly affordable. Had some minor issue with some channels on the tv but that was hardly a big deal seeing how we spent 98 percent of our time out of the room anyway. I needed to print some tickets out from my email and the incredible lady in the office was very quick to help me do that at no charge. Our room keys stopped working for one of our rooms and it was fixed within minutes. We talked to the lady in the office and she explained that they just bought this property and have been working hard to update the rooms and getting the outside taken care of as soon as possible. Only downside was the pool was small, although it was incredibly clean, and the heater in the hot tub was broken but that is something left over from previous management. It was a 7 minute drive to Disneyland and very conveniently located to gas stations, fast food/restaurants, attractions, and stores (walmart was about 10 minutes away). I would be more than happy to use this hotel again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Bonnie B
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I went to go stay at the motel with my family about a week ago. The motel was very close to Knott's! was very convenient for me. Rooms were clean and was quite. Motel was really clean from the outside. Wifi was excellent. Also the continental breakfast was good. Don't know what they made the coffee with but i loved it! Most importantly the staff was very nice and welcoming. When we arrived we were greeted very nicely!!! Didn't want to leave the place but unfortunately had to get back to work... I WILL DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL AND GO BACK AGAIN VERY SOON!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family