“Not great, not awful.”

Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites
Ranked #68 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The parking lot was extremely difficult to navigate and I was in a smaller model car. You could not exit around the hotel as it was blocked off. There was remodeling going on throughout (which is a good thing because it needs it) and so building supplies were scattered about. The decor of this place is interesting and unique, but things are not kept up. There were cracks and holes and the bathroom was in need of caulking, etc. The staff was friendly. Overall - meh.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I had to stay in Anaheim for a week to visit family and friends and go to a convention. The staff at this hotel made my extended stay very comfortable and i would definitely recommend this place to anyone who goes to WonderCon or any other conventions at the Anaheim Convention Center. I heard this hotel was close to Disneyland too, but I didn't get a chance to go there this time. Another good thing is that they have all sorts of options for rooms. Had I known this, I might have split a room with some friends to make my stay cheaper. Next year. for sure!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Keith S
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was booked for July 3rd thru the 6th, but to make a long story short, I was out at 1pm on the 4th. My bad experience started as soon as I arrived. I was booked into room 149 (court yard view) but as I approached the room I noticed the door was open, a cordless drill was sitting on the ground in front of the entry door, and a maintenance worker was in the room leaning against the TV stand texting on his phone. I immediately went back to the front desk and informed them. The staff was very apologetic and assigned me a different room. The room I was moved into was 150, and is the same type of room but is a parking lot view. When I asked if the price would be adjusted, they said it is the same type of room, so its the same price. No worries, but not a good start. Once I settled into the room, the room was perfectly fine. The only issue with the room is the wooden blinds were warped, so someone walking by (or driving by since I was right next to the parking lot) could look right in. Next, I went to the pool, you could not see the bottom of the pool because it was so chemically treated...I did not go in. The Jacuzzi/spa did not work, and water was leaking from the ice machine adjacent to the spa. The land spacing needed immediate attention. If the plants weren't dying, they were already dead. The "fish pond" had cigarette butts in it, but at least the BBQ area looked well maintained. On the first night at about 11PM, the electricity in my room went off and on 4 times in about 10 minutes. I obviously was concerned and I called the front desk...after about 12 rings someone picked up. I informed them of what had happened and they apologized as they were doing maintenance...at 11pm? The next day (the 4th of july) our electricity went off for good. The front desk person said they will move me and the g/f to a different room (again), but when I asked if they are going to upgrade me, they refused. At that point I said I would appreciate a full refund. With no questions asked, they refunded me for all three nights. I will not stay here again, I will not recommend this hotel to anyone, and I will make sure I let everyone I know to stay away at all costs.

Room Tip: just stay away
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GlennBU
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel in June with my family for a Disneyland trip. This hotel condition was very bad. The room we stayed in had paint flaking off, big holes in the basebooard area of the bathroom. We also seen some bug in the bathroom. I would not recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

You are hit with the mildew smell upon walking in the door. The towels folded in shower area were wet. The vanity was covered in dust and the white spots where water and toothpaste build up. The lamps were covered in dust. The maid dropped off a stack of freshly folded wet towels. The microwave had food stains and a popcorn kernel inside. We were booked for 4 nights but we checked out after 10 minutes. I really don't see how this place gets three stars. I have stayed at motel 6 and budget motels and they look like five star resorts compared to this place!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dana F
Reviewed 20 June 2014

As someone who has stayed in this hotel for business, I have seen it go downhill since under new ownership. Two things that are really annoying:
1. Don't count on your towels being clean. 2 days in a row found Housekeeping took my dirty towels off of the floor and re-hung them on the rack. Pretty gross.
2. Wireless, which I count on after work, either routers rebooting every 5 to 10 minutes or signal so weak that it can take minutes to load a web page. Front desk people give excuse after excuse. It's seldom fixed. It's free so I guess we get what we pay for.
This place is 2 stars at best.

Room Tip: Avoid the Lincoln side (N side) if you can.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dave R
Manager1600, Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Dave R,

Although they are not words I would like to hear, I genuinely appreciated that you brought them to my attention; because I promise you that we will learn from these disappointing blunders.

We have recently installed new WIFI sytem all over at our property. We have purchased more towels and supply to improve our service.

Again, Thanks for your feedback!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We arrived for my wife's birthday celebration at Disneyland. The advertisements say the inn is 'close' to Disneyland. Don't believe it! You have to drive to the park to get there. When we arrived we discovered that our room was on the noisiest side of the hotel, the floors were filthy and very obviously not even vacuumed. We pulled back the blankets on the bed and the sheets were dirty. Unchanged. Someone made the bed up without clean sheets. We called the mgt. and were promptly shown to a new room. The one next door. Same paper thin walls, noisy street AND this one didn't have a working microwave OR fridge besides the rest. When I went to mgt the next morning to complain I was told the manager wasn't on site and wouldn't be until the evening of the next day and that there was no one else to complain to. I'm writing the lemon tree corporate offices to inform them of the problems I had.

Room Tip: AVOID THIS HOTE! Especially if you are going to Disneyland parks. This hotel will RUIN your whole...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ezinoregon
cho w, Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

We thank you for your stay with us and apologize for any inconveniences. Everyone at our property strives for our guests to enjoy their stay with us. As such, we are undergoing renovations to better and update the hotel to better meet with guest expectations. Once again, we thank you and appreciate your business.

Management