“Location, Service and Comfort”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Pepper Tree

Hotel Pepper Tree
Ranked #27 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Sunshine Coast
“Location, Service and Comfort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2008

My first trip to the U.S. in March 2008 was made all the more enjoyable by the wonderful stay at Hotel Pepper Tree in Anaheim, CA. The hotel is centrally located in Lincoln Ave, far enough away from the Disney mayhem, yet close to all the major freeways to take you north to LA or south to the beaches.
The self-contained apartment was extremely clean with everything I needed to cook my own meals, read a book or listen to Smooth Jazz 94.7FM and relax with the sound of the water feature on my patio....gorgeous!! The highlight though was the service of the excellent Pepper Tree staff. Manny at the front desk was super helpful in helping me book my room from my home back in Australia. Once I got here, another super nice man named Rick made sure all my needs were catered for. He even grabbed a power plug converter and super fine tea strainer for me from his own unit upstairs to fulfill my unique requirements. From printing directions off the internet to faxing important documents back home, nothing was too much trouble for Rick, Manny and their excellent staff. The cleaning staff came in every three days to give my room a refresh and replace the towels etc. Overall, I would recommend the Hotel Pepper Tree to anyone who wants to stay in a reasonably priced, centrally located self-contained apartment close to everything Orange County has to offer. thanks guys....I'll be back with my family next time.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Supertramp108

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Caerphilly, South Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2008

The hotel location is excellent - Not too close to Disney so nice and quiet but very easy to get to Disney and the interstate for LA.

The rooms were very big and the kitchen facilities an added bonus. The rooms were very clean and well serviced each day.

The staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable and were very willing to help with directions, suggestions etc.

There is a supermarket across the street (Ralphs) which provides an excellent supply for your kitchen although with the complimentary breakfast at the nearby restaurant you won't really need it!

Great for families and couples who don't want the immediate chaos of Disney.

The hotel is on a busy main road but we didn't hear it through our whole stay.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone wanting an absolute bargain!

TIP - Take a sat nav or hire one from the car hire company - The hotel is easy to find but driving around LA can be a bit challenging.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Akron, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2008

Before I ever checked in, the staff was extremely helpful and courteous over the phone. After I arrived, they were sure to go above and beyond to make sure I had the best trip possible. I did a lot of sight seeing in Los Angeles, and the staff helped me get directions, avoid traffic, and printed maps for me (I only asked them what street the Chinese theatre was on, and they went above and beyond to help me plan a great trip to Hollywood). The room was great too! It was very spacious and well organized with a full kitchen including microwave, refridgerator, oven, and stove top. The rooms have a south western appearance which I really enjoyed. If you are planning a trip to California, I would highly recommend Hotel Pepper Tree and would encourage you to call the hotel because the staff is so helpful. Manny, who was especially great, upgraded my room to an executive king suite for no extra charge. Thanks Manny!

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Blankets (I prefer big poofy blankets)
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
Folsom, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2008

Customer service at this place is awesome! Our room was clean and comfortable. Very nice place with spanish decor and convenient drive to Disneyland. Will definitely go back and recommend to family and friends!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2008

we have just returned from a four week family trip to the US and stayed at the hotel pepper tree for 6 nights in early February this year. Although it wasn't in the heart of the Disney hotel district (not such a bad thing) it was perfect for us. The room was large and clean.

Breakfast each morning was fantastic and more than adequate for us.

Even though it was February my kids enjoyed using the pool on more than one occasion.

Most of the staff at the reception desk were fantastic and eager to help with our enquiries, giving us maps and directions for Disneyland and the local shopping centres and restaurants.

My only gripes, and there are only 2, were:
1. the lack of chairs and table in the rooms to eat at after cooking in the well equipped kitchen and;

2. the high speed internet crashed on several occasions

All in all our stay at the hotel pepper tree was fantastic and I would happily recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — large room, breakfast
  • Disliked — internet access
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
Layton, UT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2008

We just returned from a 4-night stay at the Hotel Pepper Tree and loved it. After long days at Disneyland we came back to a place that felt more like a home than a hotel room - it was very relaxing! The room was clean (in fact, the entire property including the pool was very clean) and the maid service refreshed everything including soap and shampoo every day. The decor and furniture were such a nice touch - not your typical hotel decor. The beds were very comfortable and we loved having a choice of soft or hard pillows or both! The huge closet and dressing area was great. We loved the balcony and did have a room that overlooked the pool and that is the best view.
The continental breakfast was fine (cereal, toast, muffins, fruit, yogurt, milk, juice, coffee, tea) and you have the option of purchasing hot breakfast, too. A nice surprise was how good the food was at the on site restaurant. We had dinner there twice and warmed up leftovers in our room's kitchen - even warmed up it was delicious! They have the best salsa we've ever had and got some to take home with us, too. The restaurant staff was also very nice.
The hotel is close enough to Disney that it was convenient but far enough away that we didn't hear the fireworks or other night time noise (we have a 4-year old who needed to get his full night's sleep).
We didn't get a chance to use the pool, spa or fitness center because we were too busy being tourists, but the computer access was nice. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful in answering questions and giving directions. They even printed off some directions for another guest while I was being helped, and put some ice cream in the freezer for a couple who got there before check-in time.
The only downside for us were some noise problems: 1) the room doors are not sealed at the bottom so you hear the noise in the hallway and 2) the walls are not very soundproof - we had some people above us who decided to have a fight at 2:00am and we felt like we should pop some popcorn so we could enjoy the show; and the people next door had some little kids who woke up at 6:00am and started running and screaming through their room. We did notice, though, that we did not hear anything at normal conversational levels - so just hope that you get courteous neighbors.
We got a manager's special 20% discount price from the hotel website so it was affordable for us to stay here and we will definitely stay here again. We highly recommend it to others.

• Liked — the in room kitchen
  • Disliked — the noise
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank zorichfamily
mi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2008

I had 2 days to stay there with the family and after checking all the reviews on the hotels in anahiem area I desided to choose pepper tree hotel and it was the best decision because when I arrived there I liked the hotel styl the clean rooms the full kitchen in the room and beside that the barbique on the pool and ralph store across the street where you can buy everything especially stakes for the barbique and over all that it is in quiet neighbourhood and couple miles from disney land and over all you will see the most friendly staff in there . IT will my staying place every time Iam going there

Stayed February 2008