“Never, ever again”
Review of Hotel Pepper Tree

Hotel Pepper Tree
Ranked #25 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 21 April 2008

I cannot believe that this hotel was ranked #5 by Trip Advisor members for the Anaheim area. I have stayed in some bad hotels, and this is one of them. Here are the problems that this place has: First, the internet connection is horrible, about the same speed as dial up. The fridge, needs some serious cleaning. The toilet isn't bolted to the floor and eventually there will be a very, very serious problem with the fecus that will leak from the toilet. Instead of replacing bad/dirty tile they have decided to paint over the tile, which is now peeling up. Electrical outlets don't work. There isn't a seperation between the toilet/tub and sink (pretty standard these days) so someone can shower, and others can do their hair/brush teeth. The 3 spiders that I killed last night were the icing on the cake. Never, ever again. The only positives that I can speek to are that the staff is very friendly and nice, and you are close to both Disney and Knotts Berry Farm, but I think you can find both at a better over-all property.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank travish19
Write a ReviewReviews (3,098)

Reviewed 19 April 2008

My wife, daughter, and myself recently stayed at the Hotel Peppertree this last week. The kitchenette provides all the kitchenware needed to make a meal and save some money from eating out every night. There is a Ralph's directly across the street. A little further down the street is a Food 4 Less and other shopping centers. Any issues that we had in the hotel were taken care of IMMEDIATELY by the helpful staff. We'd like to give a special thanks to Jill, Alejandro, and the maintenance staff. Our room was cleaned daily. There was always fresh towels and toiletries. It is an older neighborhood, but not a bad neighborhood. I felt safe leaving the car in the parking area. The pool area is very clean. Cleanliness is a theme throughout the hotel. Never was the hotel too loud. A DVD player and hairdryer were provided upon request. We ate a full breakfast on our last day of stay at the Aztecas restaraunt; this is a really authentic Mexican meal we recommend trying at least one meal there. Teh staff here was also very courteous. Very good! If we are ever down in the Los Angeles area visiting family again, or for family entertainment, there is no doubt that we will be staying here again. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Southern California. Everything is within driving distance. During our stay we visited San Diego (San Diego Zoo), Sant Monica (The pier), The downtown LA markets, The Dicovery Museum in Santa Ana, and Downtown Disney. Aside from the Hotel, there is a great restaraunt about 10 miles or so North of the hotel on I-5 called Northwoods Inn (There is a faux snow rooftop) absolutely delicious FYI.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2008

Found Pepper Tree by searching "southwest decor". Was not disappointed in this department! It was even more beautiful than I expected. The reviews and customer service when inquiring about reservations confirmed my decision on choosing Pepper Tree for our week long Disneyland trip. Was pleasantly surprised at how close Disney was, 5-10 mins. A Ralphs grocery store across the street (Target about 2 blocks), made it very convenient to stock up our nice sized kitchen.
The beds had to be the most comfy beds I've ever slept on in a hotel. In fact, they were better than my bed at home! Lots of very large comfy pillows too. We stayed three nights in a King Suite which was HUGE, and was great to be separated a little from the kids. We then spent 3 nights in a twin Queen room which was also nice. The patios are very private also. Appreciated the use of the computer in the very nice lobby. Really a feeling of home and family atmosphere. Can't say enough about the staff. Rick, and Manny were very helpful and friendly and forgive me for not remembering their names, but the two girls were equally great. The restaurant next door was pretty nice and a fun place to have our complimentary continental breakfast every morning.
The only things I would suggest that we would have liked were a hot-tub, and an on site laundry facility. (although there was one next door and across the street). The neighborhood isn't great, but much better than I had expected, so I was pleasanty surprised.
We will absolutely stay at The Pepper Tree on our next visit to Southern California--it was great and more affordable that the other places I checked out.

Reviewed 30 March 2008

Not quite what I had hoped for. Hotel was very noisy. Needed to leave room air conditioner on because there is no screen for sliding glass doors and no other windows. When we turned it off to try to sleep, all you heard was the fountain outside the sliding doors. Heard everyone who walked up and down the hallway. Not as clean as I would have liked. Light from hallway came through under the door.

On the plus side, the staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Would not stay there again.

2  Thank tjmm13
Reviewed 28 March 2008

We have now stayed at the Hotel Peppertree four times. We will not stay anywhere else in the Disney area. The rooms are larger than most hotels, the kitchenettes are wonderful, and the staff is always so eager to help out!!! Plus, the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept on at a hotel. You get a continental breakfast and the restaurant that is on the property. The swimming pool is heated and clean.

I have tried MANY hotels around the Disnleyland area. This one is the absolute best by far!!!!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2008

I read other reviews on Trip Advisor and this led me to make a reservation here. Pleasantly greeted with friendly staff, our room was in a quiet area of the hotel (which was requested) . The room was clean with a very comfortable bed. The room also had a kitchenette which saved us from eating all our meals out. The continental breakfast at the restaurant next door was sufficient. We would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2008

I would highly recommend staying at the Hotel Pepper Tree. It was beautifully decorated, comfortable, clean and spacious. The front desk employees (Manny in particular) could not have been more helpful with directions and suggestions on things to do in the area. The room's kitchen was well-equipped, and there's a grocery store conveniently across the street.

If we ever return to Anaheim we will definitely stay here again.