“comfortable and cutesy”

Ranked #29 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
London, United Kingdom
“comfortable and cutesy”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

we went to Los Angeles for thanks giving and used this hotel as a base to visit friends and family from.
it was ideally placed and well situated but please get your sign light fixed, as the closed restaurant on the corner makes it very hard to find you.
the rooms are very clean and with a very good maid service. having the kitchen area stops you from needing to eat out all the time and allows you to bring home the excess from your meals
( we english find this aspect amazing)
loads of closet space loads and mirrors and nice to have trays of ice ready in the freezers.
but you really need a desk and chair to sit at for use of the great wifi connection.

Room Tip: the higher floors have less noise. the tiled hallways mean that you can get woken early as people wh...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Hesperia, California
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed one night for our visit to California Adventure & Disneyland. It wasn't a pleasant stay. We stayed on the bottom floor. A cricket was found crawling around on the carpet. The sliding door to the patio was left unlocked. It was very noisy due to people walking around up stairs. We could also hear people talking. We could hear people walking up & down the hall way. A gap was under the door (no weather stripping) cold air was coming in. We only got 3 hours of sleep. Pupic hair was on the walls of the shower. My brother also stayed in a room on the bottom floor and they checked out early.

Room Tip: If you book a room don't get one on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sandy G
Mark4464, Owner at Hotel Pepper Tree, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Thank You for your review. I am sorry that noisy neighbors spoiled your stay. We were at near 100% occupancy for Thanksgiving and if we do get noise complaints this is the time when it will happen. We do generally remind guests to be respectful of others during their stay. We are usually complimented on the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms but will certainly investigate your comments further.
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

**1st and foremost let me say thank you trip advisor. Helped our family make this selection and for the most part, the reviews regarding this hotel are on point.**

CUSTOMER SERVICE - Natalie, you are awesome. My husband booked this hotel a little earlier than we had wanted to (late booking, cheaper price vs. early booking... well you know) because we stayed during Halloween week. While the price we got was good, we could have gotten a better deal. We had to change our room upon arrival to make sure we got a fold out couch for the kids. Without our prompting, Natalie adjusted the rate with the current (that weeks) managers special. That was nearly $100.00 off. That is what putting the customer first is all about. Thank you Natalie. The rest of the staff was also very helpful. Answering questions about local shopping/restaurants, and just overall positivity. Great staff.

COMFORT - We stayed in the two queen bedroom suite. The beds were average, maybe slightly above average regarding comfort. The beds/sheets were clean. Let me repeat that. The beds/sheets were clean. My parents stayed with us and said they enjoyed their bed and slept comfortably. My husband slept on the fold out couch with our son and I stayed in the other bed with our daughter. Overall, we slept comfortably and were happy with the beds.

AMENITIES - Amen for Amenities. Full kitchen with an oven/stove, full sized fridge and microwave. We crock-potted our dinners, made breakfast every day, and enjoyed real food vs fast food or expensive restaurant food all week. While some of the appliances were outdated, they worked and were pretty much the main reason we booked this hotel.

ROOM/CLEANLINESS - The room was small and not recommended for more than 4 adults. When my parents were there, it was a little cramped with our family of 4. When they left, we were beyond comfortable. Storage is beyond great. Full size closet, 2 dressers, and lots of cabinet space and extra drawers for clothing/food/toy storage. Regarding cleanliness, it was average/above average. The staff was more than accommodating, but with older hotels, wear and tear is hard to hide. Some of the grout (if you are super picky) was stained, and some of the carpet was frayed in spots. My husband told me I was being picky, but this is my review so there. Anyway, it was obvious that the maid service cleaned everyday including the floors which was nice. I'd say they get and 7-8 out of 10 on cleaning.

CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST - My husband reminded me the reason we got a room with a kitchen was to make our own breakfast, so I will not be too harsh in my review. The breakfast provided was average to below average. Everything was prepackaged/boxed. Coffee, tea, hot cocoa... really basic. So I guess if you want a real breakfast, take advantage of your kitchen. If you are in a pinch, they have an ok continental breakfast. PEPPER TREE RECOMMENDATION - Ditch the pre-packaged muffins for fresh local doughnuts. Maybe get some instant oatmeal.

LOCATION - 10-15 minute drive to Disneyland by way of freeway or surface streets. 5-10 minutes to Walmart/Target. Tons of local restaurants and stores within walking distance. I saw some reviews regarding the location being in a "bad" area. My husband is a Sheriff and said he didn't even need to carry during our trip. That included our local shopping trip and lunch stop at a pupusaria (which was bomb). While the neighborhood appears questionable in some parts, I never found myself clutching my purse or rolling up the windows and locking the doors while we were driving. If you are really concerned about crime in the area, don't leave valuables in your car and stay in familiar places. Overall, the location was nice and I was comfortable.

PERKS - Kids loved the goldfish in the fountains in front of the hotel. The decor was rustic and cool. The hotel has a homey feel.

NEGATIVES - Ok... Being objective, the air conditioner really sucks. It was loud and would wake us up throughout the night. Really loud. Ugh. Other than that, I have no real complaints.

VALUE - I feel we had a great overall experience with above average value. We would stay again. The only disappointing factor was the air conditioner being so loud.

Room Tip: The air conditioner is very loud. If you are a light sleeper, its not a good choice. If you can sl...
Hemet, California
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had to come to Anaheim for a birthday party...Only live 50 miles away but didn't want to drive home late at night...Saturday night in Anaheim...thought we would be paying a fortune...We were given a rate under what we expected and directly though the Hotel...Hotel is very clean and Quaint...Very much like a boutique Hotel you would find in Mexico or Europe,
Our room 101 was on the first floor...and would be great for a small family....Kitchen, bath, dressing room and even a private patio....My only downfall with the room is it should be a HC room at least with bars around the bathtub...Breakfast was fine...Plenty of fresh fruit...juice, coffee..cerial and muffins..
AND BTW...YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET ON THE FREEWAY TO GET TO DISNEY LAND...I believe this hotel is rated a 3....I give it a very good 3...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This hotel is too far to Disney in my opinion. Have to get on the freeway for a short distance to get there. Hotel looks old and dirty. Sofa in the lobby is dirty, I wouldn't want to sit on it. The beds/bedding is old. Stains and just old. Sofa had a cover on it and it was dirty and torn. Bathroom very old. No hair dryer, need to bring your own. Breakfast is limited to oatmeal and cold cereal and not a very big variety. Apples and oranges, bananas gone and not replenished. I had to go ask for some cereal. Hotel was cheap and I guess you get what you paid for. I did not feel it was worth the cheap price. I'd rather pay more.

1 Thank PhxCindy2013
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is still a favorite. This trip we got to stay on the first floor. The little fountain in the courtyard made the stay even more relaxing. The beds were very comfortable, we slept like rocks and woke up late. The front desk called to ask about late check out. They were very understanding and were extremely pleasant about it. This hotel has the best rooms and the best cutomer service I have ever experienced.

The price is extremely reasonable too.

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Heidi408 needs to get over herself. I wonder if she changes her sheets at home every day....

If you're looking for Holiday Inn sterility, go there. If you want character and comfort, go here. We like character with our comfort.

We were here for the umpteenth time, and as always, had an excellent stay. For the first time, we had a room on the 3rd floor. That was nice, as sometimes, the little preciouses get all amped up about going to Disneyland, and run all over the place, which ain't all that great if you're on the floor below.

The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, and the kitchen area was clean. We don't do any cooking in any hotel room kitchen, anywhere, other than make coffee. That sorta goes against the whole notion of vacation.

I frankly do not see how the room could have been any more comfortable. I'm not a fan of the type of chairs that were in the room we had, (316), but that's a matter of personal taste. They were nice enough, I just like higher-backed chairs.

The best news was learning of the demise of the $5 per day per machine internet charge. Now, it's a one-time payment up front. Still not on a par with nearly every other hotel in town, but much better.

See you next time.

Room Tip: Top floor is the best bet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple