“Great choice for our Disneyland Trip!”
Review of Hotel Pepper Tree

Hotel Pepper Tree
Ranked #26 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 10 October 2009

I stayed here twice with my fiance over the summer. We decided to try it out after reading the good reviews, and figuring out that even though we would have to pay the $12 parking for Disneyland, the total price would STILL be cheaper than staying in another hotel within walking distance of the park. And it worked out really well! The staff at the front desk give you a map with directions to Disneyland from the hotel. It took us a couple times to get it right, but once we did, they turned out to be great directions--they take you right to the parking structure. The drive is ten minutes or so, maybe even less. On the way is a big Target, useful for things like food and sunscreen.

The hotel itself is pretty neat. It definitely shows some age, but not really in a bad way. The lobby is inviting, with a gas fireplace. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The rooms were pretty neat. I felt like I was staying in someone's home in the Mediterranean. The carpet shows a little wear, but it's not that bad. They keep the place clean, it never felt dirty. The beds were super comfortable, we actually came back in the middle of the day for naps. There is also a couch in front of the TV, which was nice to have. My favorite part was the kitchenette! A full size fridge and freezer, stove, microwave, sink and dishes meant we got to buy food at the store to save money. It was great! We ate breakfast in our room, which was nice and relaxing, and we had some wine when we got back in the evening :). The mexican tile in the kitchen area is very pretty. The room (king studio) was very spacious, we felt very comfortable. If I were to stay here again, I would probably choose the ground floor. We stayed on the second floor the first time, and there was more noise; kids were running up and down the halls late at night and early in the morning. Downstairs the sound is more muffled, the floor doesn't bounce, and also, the hallway doesn't run the length of the bulding because of the lobby in the middle, so it's less tempting, I think, for kids to run up and down. Also, I think the front side of the bulding is quieter. The back side gets noise from what I think was a parking lot in the back--folks came in real late and were very noisy. One more plus for downstairs, you get a nice private little patio with a fountain, I think it helped block the small amount of traffic noise we could hear.

I gave 4 out of 5 for location just because you're really more in the city, it's a little rougher around the edges than the Disney areas, but it's not bad at all. It's very convenient to Disenyland.

We would definitely stay here again! A nice soothing escape after the crowds at Disneyland!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scarrlet

Reviewed 8 October 2009

The Hotel Pepper Tree is off the beaten path, but close to anything we need. There's a grocery store across the street (great since these are kitchenette rooms), a restaurant on-site, freeway, gas, businesses a few blocks away. Quiet rooms, charming decor, friendly staff. We love to stay here!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2009

My partner and I had two nights in LA and wanted a cheap place with a kitchen. She found this place and got it for approx. $65US a night. We drove up from San Diego and caught up with friends all day, then checked in around 10pm. We didn't expect much, but this place was really lovely. It had nice character, lovely large room and we regretted not having the time to just hang out and relax in the hotel room. Staff were really professional, friendly and accommodating - I was able to leave my 7'6" surfboard bag with them for a day too.
Kitchen had a proper size fridge and all the things you needed for self-catering. I guess being in Anaheim, its pitched at family holidays visiting fun parks.
The breakfast at the Mexican restaurant sharing the carpark was reasonable and I enjoyed the fresh melon on offer.
There was a pool/spa pool which we heard people having fun in but didn't get a chance to use.
Location wise its very convenient for the airport - not sure if it has a shuttle - and with close freeway connections. We did the US thing and rented an SUV (as I had a surfboard to carry) so being 30 minutes drive from central LA wasn't a big deal. If you've got a car on holiday I would recommend staying out in Anaheim rather than in the centre if accommodation is this good and this cheap all around Orange County.
Parking was free as was the internet connection.
No compaints!!

Reviewed 30 September 2009

It had been 6 years since I last visited Orange County. Since I was born and raised in the area, I usually stay with family and save money. This visit however would be my wife's first time to CA so we wanted to find a good hotel in the area. We did alot of researching and found the Hotel Pepper Tree. Read all the online reviews and we decided this would be the perfect place for our vacation.

Upon our arrival, the place has a Mexican/Southwest US motiff going that makes it seem more welcoming than some side road hotel. The staff was very personable and made our check in as easy as possible. The room was actually quite spacious. Studio/efficiency apartment with a decent size kitchen (stove, refrigerator, microwave) and all the cooking utensils one would need. The bathroom was just the right size for 2 folks and the closet had plenty of room. The king size bed was seriously one of the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in.

Since we were on the 2nd floor, we got a cool patio that was made even better with the lovely CA weather. I think the only downside to our stay was the free breakfast provided by the restaurant across the parking lot. Very generic. During our 9 day stay, we ate there maybe 2x. Plenty of other great places to eat in all directions...head down on Lincoln towards Beach Blvd. and hit up Sushi Dake..great little sushi joint.

The place itself is only 10 mins away from Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm and very easy access to the 5 freeway. Just make sure to exit Magnolia instead of Lincoln..save at least 5-10 mins doing that.

All in all, I seriously recommend this place and if we ever head back to CA, this place will be at the top of our list.

Reviewed 29 September 2009

Ok where do I start? First let me say this was our 2nd stay at Hotel Pepper Tree and we are already looking forward to our next stay. The rooms are spacious, the beds are super comfortable with like a million pillows (still not enough), it's like being craddled in your mother arms... Lol!!! They have mini Kitchens with everything you need to make you feel like feel at home, seriously! A/C works awesome, not noisy like other places we stayed at in the past. The Hotel is minutes away from Disneyland and other Major Theme Parks, you can't wrong by staying here. We can honestly say that we will being staying at Hotel Pepper Tree from now on whenever we visit the Southern California Area. Keep up the Good Work!!!

Reviewed 28 September 2009

My husband and I loved it. It was close to several amusement parks and short distance to nearby cities. We were very surprised how clean, spacious the room was and the bed was so comfortable for the price. We are planning to reserve another reservation in November this time bringing our children with us.

Reviewed 27 September 2009

We stayed here primarily for the location and the kitchenette facility. However we were impressed by the helpful and patient desk staff who answered questions which they must have heard thousands of times previously. Also the cleanliness was very good considering cooking facilities are offered in many rooms. I would recommend this for any family or couple looking for a convenient and clean short stay stopover for Disney theme parks and/or Knotts Berry park. Also useful for the beaches, provided access to a car is available.