3,296 results
All reviewsfull kitchenhotel peppertreeprivate patiogrocery store across the streetspanish stylecontinental breakfastfront deskboutique hotelhome away from homeknotts berryenjoyed our stayminute drivespacious roomparking lotdefinitely stay here againnice stayyogurt
Reviewed 13 November 2009

Great value. Full super clean refrigerator, and kitchen.GREAT BEDS, nice patio, great private set-up to bath and make-up area. Could stay for a week or more. Front desk -all the best people you will ever meet in the hospitality industry. The area was a little questionable as a lot of the hotels surrounding Knott's and Disneyland are, but we felt very safe. Closet space was huge! Spotless! The restaurant in the front- not a part of the hotel but where you get the breakfast needs ramping up. Not very clean at all.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank beener34
Reviewed 13 November 2009

Great stay and Very quiet and Clean. Did not use the pool but it look very nice. Very close to Disney land and Knotts. The food was great as well

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2009

I am writing this review from the free high speed internet in my room at the Pepper Tree. I guess this is a recent policy change based on what I had read before I arrived. Like most of you that are considering this hotel - I booked our *9* day stay based on the great reviews. I am going to keep this short, we were looking for a CLEAN hotel at a decent price, and it does not disappoint!! The central location was just added bonus for us. I do not usually write reviews but I loved this hotel so much that I feel I should help try and contribute to its success! It is not a 5 star hotel so don’t expect one, it is however everything it claims to be and at a price I am happy to pay!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2009

Made a trip down to Southern California on a spur of the moment. Now I like variety, so I always try a different hotel. The Pepper Tree got many good reviews so I thought I would give it a try. I was impressed, as the day before I was to arrived, they called to confirm my reservation, and asked about an approx. arrival time. Never had that happen before. This Hotel is one exit away from Disneyland, and about 2 miles from Knott's Berry Farm. This hotel is not on Hotel row by Disneyland which I liked, rather it is away from all of that hustle and bustle, and it is on a modertly busy street in what I though was quiet, and I felt safe there. The Hotel is nice looking on the outside, and well kept, and I never had a problem parking. There is a Mexican-American Resteraunt in front of the Hotel, and the food was good, and affordable. The Hotel is a Spanish themed hotel which I really liked. I stayed in the Quenn/Queen room, and was very pleased. There was a nice balconey with two chairs and a table, which I enjoyed. Inside, the room has a kitchenette, so you have a stove, refrigerator, microwave, and utencils, but oddly enough, a toaster was missing. Got to have my toast in the morning! The room was clean, tv was fine but could have had more channels to chose from, beds were on the soft side which I like, plenty of pillows which was great, and the shower had great water pressure!. The room decor was tastefully done, and it was very quite when we were there. The swimming pool was a nice size and was heated to perfection, there is evern a propane BBQ poolside if you want to use it, however, there was no Hot Tub. The excercise room had 3 pieces of equipment, which I didn't try. Overall, this was a great place to stay! The one thing the Hotel was missing and they should actually have there, is an Ice Machine. Yes, there was no Ice Machine. Minor detail though. Give this place a try, it was a fine place to stay, and a great staff to go along with it!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank wingnut5
Reviewed 2 November 2009

This was our second year at the Pepper Tree. Last year we stayed for 3 weeks, but this time we stayed for 4 – in fact the whole of September actually. After the enjoyment and hospitality of last years stay, I have to admit this year we were not disappointed. We were on the top floor and had a two-room suite on the rear. We are a family of 5 adults, and there was plenty of space, making full use of both areas and the spacious balcony.

The kitchenette rooms have a large fridge-freezer, a good-sized gas cooker and a microwave. They are generously equipped with cutlery, glasses etc. Although there is no dishwasher it does not detract from the general ‘holiday feel’ you get from the overall accommodation.

As usual there are no restrictions on what you eat, drink or bring back to your room, and your gastronomic experiences are enhanced by the poolside barbeque being available all day, everyday. If you do choose to eat out you must go to Aztecas, the adjacent Mexican Restaurant that caters for all tastes, although it is predominantly a Mexican/ US cuisine, you can go for just a drink & it does have a generous Happy Hour.

The swimming pool is quite private & generously supplied with picnic tables, loungers and the aforementioned BBQ. Best time is in the afternoon, as the sun is up there all the time & is a roaster!!

Car parking is very generous (and free) and you can either park at the front or around the back (access off Gilbert Street).

The location is good, and although the ‘Ralphs’ across the road is closed, there are facilities further up West Lincoln, or more predominantly there is a ‘Stater Bros’ and ‘Ralphs’ on Brookhurst Street about 1.5 miles away. The hotel actually is well stocked on local information, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Also close by is Knotts Berry Farm and the I5 junction at Brookhurst/Euclid Streets so easy access to all parts of the State are well at hand.

One thing we did find out though, Gray Line Tours (if you picked a day trip or similar) only pick up outside the hotel in the morning. For some reason afternoon/evening tours you will have to arrange a different hotel pick-up. In this regard I would recommend the Medieval Banquet. Last year we also went to San Diego Zoo & Tijuana which are also recommended days out.

Finally, we would like to say a big thank you to Rick & his team at the hotel for making our stay ultra enjoyable, for arranging the booking, accommodation, and for generally being there when needed.

No plans for vacation 2010 yet, but if we find ourselves in Anaheim again, then would stay at the Pepper Tree at ‘the drop of a hat’.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family