This is a great place to stay for families with children. It's not the fanciest, nor the most luxurious, but it is clean and it sure has a lot of room.
I have a family of 5, and my wife demanded that we stay in a suite where the children could have their own room for our CA vacation. That cuts down dramatically on selection and good deals available. That said, I really felt like this one was worth the effort of my searching.
When we first arrived, we were so amazed at how much room there was that we thought they had made a mistake by giving us two rooms. Actually, the suite is made up of two adjoining hotel rooms, each with their own bathroom, kitchen, tv, etc. Our room had a comfortable king bed, and the kid's room had a twin with a futon (kid's room sleeps 3 total if you fold out the futon).
The hotel has a Mexican theme, as do many in this area. The neighborhood is nice enough (we hate staying in scary neighborhoods) with a Ralph's grocery story across the road. It is located within 10 minutes of Disney, and we were able to get there pretty efficiently even during rush hour (use the carpool lane!!!).
The rooms were clean, though not fancy, and as I mentioned earlier, very large. You almost feel like you are staying in an apartment.
The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast at the property restaurant, and it is a nice one. We ate there each morning. They offer a nice variety of fruit, cereal, yogurt, big muffins, donuts, toast, and the like. It's nice because you can actually go sit down in the restaurant to eat it as opposed to most complimentary breakfasts being held in a lobby area. If you want, you can order a discounted breakfast from the complimentary breakfast side as well. We also ate at the restaurant the first night of our arrival, and we had good service and food (Mexican theme).
There were a few cons to the hotel, so I thought to list them:
1. Quirky Stuff. Showers go hot and cold (I hate that).
2. No clocks, but who needs them with our modern age of cell phones, laptops, etc.
3. Futon was quirky and difficult to unfold. I had to ask the front desk for help. He and I worked on it together, and after a call to his manager, we were able to figure it out.
4. There are two showers (one for each room), and the kid's shower was spitting water out the side. We arrived late, so we just couldn't use it the first night. Maintenance came up and fixed it the next day.
5. Internet WiFi is consistent (you have to get a username and password from the front desk), but often slow because of poor reception. Sometimes I got great reception, then sometimes very low, and I never did figure out why.
6. Housekeeping did a great job each day, but they don't do your dishes for you. It took us a few days to figure out there was dish washing soap under the kid's kitchen sink, but no sponge or other obvious washing rag. What's with that?
The good news about all the cons was that the hotel staff were great, friendly, and always went to bat for me with any problems. They even printed out my Southwest Airline boarding passes for me using their front desk computer (they have a public computer in the lobby, but you can't print from it.)
All in all, would we stay here again if we came to Anaheim??? The wife says yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover old fashioned hospitality at Hotel Pepper Tree, a unique extended stay hotel with kitchens in Southern California style and rustic Spanish influence. With warm earthy decor, hand–crafted wood furniture, and Hollywood memorabilia, our home–style boutique hotel is the perfect place to work or unwind in Orange County. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Pepper Tree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pepper Tree Anaheim
- Pepper Tree Hotel
- Hotel Pepper Tree Anaheim, California