“Birthday present: Flight Simulator dog fight!”

Flightdeck Flight Simulation Center
Find Your Inner Top Gun
Ranked #2 of 104 Fun & Games in Anaheim
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Consistently voted one of the top things to do in Orange County, Flightdeck is a flight simulation attraction providing civilians the opportunity to pilot fighter jets in actual cockpit simulators and a Boeing 737 flight simulator. Experience the challenge of aerial maneuvers at 500 knots, aircraft take-offs and landings and the excitement of air-to-air combat. Up to ten people can fly at the same time, each in their own authentic F-16 flight simulator! In the "Officer's Club", guests can view and listen to all of the action on large LCD monitors. Flightdeck also offers "Group Events at the Speed of Sound!", with event space for groups of 8 to 80, this is a unique venue where the spirit of Top Gun inspires the adventurer within with a variety of aviation themed experiences for corporate groups, team building (serious or fun), incentive trips, parties, customers events, sales events, seminars, product launches, off-site meetings etc.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Got a visit to Flightdeck for my birthday and I finally went there with my girl-friend last Sunday. That was great fun and highly entertaining! Very friendly crew there and the overall experience was definitely worth every minute. In fact we're planning on going back with a bigger crew of people next time.
After getting into an air force jump suit and getting the basics from the instructor in the "briefing room" we got into the cockpits. Large screens in front of a nicely done F16 fighter cockpit. The dogfight was lots of fun and the minutes went by way too quick - hence we're going back! It's great fun and a great experience like nothing else. Thumbs up!

1  Thank Jörg H

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Just finished our flight, family of five, and we all "loved" this experience. Steve -"Gums", and "Zulu" - the instructors were awesome. Great personalities, very helpful, and they literally "made" the experience a great one. As to the flight simulations, it was/is a really fun experience that I found well worth the cost. Will definitely do it again and recommend it to anyone looking for a unique and fun alternative to long lines, endless walking, and impersonal service that one gets at Disney.

1  Thank NesBaS
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I visited Flightdeck Flight Simulation Center at the beginning of May as a birthday gift to myself. I am an avid aviation enthusiast and I spend a significant amount of time flying virtually using FSX (usually an airbus A321). However, I wanted to have a more authentic experience and Flightdeck did not disappoint. When I arrived, I was introduced to Angelo, my flight instructor/first officer for the duration of my flight. Having spent a lot of time flying sims online, I was able to skip the preflight briefing and hop right into the cockpit. The realism was superb and I felt like I was actually sitting at the helm of a 737-700. Angelo guided me through MCDU programming, preparation, start-up, and taxi/take-off. The best part was the actual physical movements in the cockpit like button pushing, switches, throttles, etc. that is hard (and expensive) to simulate with a desktop simulator. After a flight from Ontario to John Wayne, then on to LAX, we decided to try the difficult landing (in horrible weather at that) at the now defunct Kai-Tek airport. Well let's just say it didn't go exactly as planned but after the go-around, we were successful at the landing the second time in much better weather. Overall, I strongly recommend visiting Flightdeck for anyone who has a remote interest in aviation, jetliners, or simulation. I have to thank Angelo for a fantastic time and I will definitely be back in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I took my two grandsons(14 and 16 years) and they had a blast. It was the highlight of our trip. My oldest grandson was the top scorer of the group. My youngest was also an ace. They could not quit talking about how cool it was.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I had a very unique experience that was both educational and exciting. Steve was very professional and we'd love to fly, again!