Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Oakland, California
“Nasty pool”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights while visiting Disneyland. The first day we went up to to pool and it was gross, there was lots of debris in the water such as bandaids, hair, and other unidentifiable things...the water was extremely salty and warm...and worst of all...the bottom of the pool was slimy as if algae was growing on it. My impression of the pool is that the hotel doesn't maintain it like it should be. That said, I will say that the hotel staff were nice and the room itself was clean... but because my kids love the pool, I don't think we will stay at this particular hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 917marlenes
ManagerDT, Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Marlene,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our property during your stay in Anaheim.

We apologize that the pool was a disappointment to you . We thoroughly clean the pool every morning and check pH levels twice a day.

We hope that you give us another opportunity for a better experience.

Kind Regards,

Doubletree Suites by Hilton, Anaheim Resort - Convention Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fruit Heights, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights while visiting Disneyland and had a great experience! From check in to check out, we were treated to great staff hospitality and every request was met with a smile. I am a frequent traveler and it seems rare to have a hotel stay without any issues. I arrived early morning and wasn't able to check in but was able to check my bags with the concierge for the day. Congratulations to the Doubletree staff! I walked to Disneyland the first morning and it was only 15 minutes. The next 2 days, I took the $5/day shuttle, that picks up right in front of the hotel. I recommend the shuttle. Its very efficiently run and the door-to-front gate service can't be beat. Shuttle tickets can be purchased at the hotel front desk. I also purchased my Disneyland passes in the hotel hospitality center. Excellent! We were too tired to stay at the park for the fireworks one evening and shuttled back to the hotel and watched them from the comfort of the pool. Wonderful! Our room was spacious and very comfortable! I highly recommend the Doubletree Suites and will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Try for a room that is high up overlooking the pool and you can see Disneyland fireworks from your r...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Golfnut222
ManagerDT, Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Golfnutt222,

Thanks so much for the nice review!

I'm really happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel service & facilities. I'm glad you took advantage of the ART shuttle & the Disney Welcome Center. It's nice to be able to skip box office lines & avoid walking during the warm summer months.

Please visit us again soon.

Motevideo, Uruguay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Conveniently located next to the Anaheim Convention Centre and very close to Disneyland, this is a great option for families. The rooms are ample, comfortable and clean. Cookies are offered free and are a nice welcome treat.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

*I was given a final, after-tax price over the phone for a 2 night stay. At check-out my bill was about $100 more, due to parking fees and additional taxes. *The first night our AC wasn't working, and we couldn't sleep well in our own sweat. They fixed it by the 2nd night, but offered no apology or compensation. *Otherwise, the facilities were nice.

Dear DouglasF940,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I'm sorry to hear the taxes & parking came as a surprise. The reservations team should review taxes & fees, including parking, while booking the room. The hotel adds no additional fees or charges.

I'd also like to apologize for the malfunctioning AC in your room. It is my understanding our Engineering team remedied the issue as soon as they were allowed access to the room.

I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you.

Gainesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here for four nights primarily for visiting Disneyland and overall had a great stay. The room we stayed in was in very good shape but needed some minor attention in places like the light switches which needed a good cleaning (why I always bring disinfectant wipes!). The bed was comfortable and the shower pressure decent.

The one morning we tried the breakfast it was very good with tons of options.

The only wish I have is they had a dedicated shuttle to Disneyland. We walked to and from the parks and it really wasn't a problem, it's about 15 minutes at a good pace, obviously longer if walking slower.

We would definitely stay here again next time we visit Disneyland, unless another Hilton property opens closer to the park.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark O
ManagerDT, Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Mark O,

Thank you so much for the nice words about the hotel.

I apologize that the light switches in your room weren't cleaned properly. We will make sure to mention this to the housekeeping team. I am also sorry to hear that you weren't aware the Anaheim Resort Transit system is available just outside the hotel entrance. For a small fee, guests can access the Disneyland Resort & area attractions all day.

I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future,

San Jose, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a nice hotel, close to Disneyland and very convenient. We enjoyed our stay and this hotel. We were there because of VIDCON (Youtube convention). Our kids wanted to attend this convention and we did not want to disappoint them. I will recommend this stay to anybody.

Dear Elmer L,

Thank yo so much for the kind words! I'm very happy your family chose to stay with us during VIDCON.

I hope the convention was fun for everyone & that you'll join us again soon.

Best regards,

Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We moved here after a terrible experience at a different hotel. The difference was night and day. Overall a good hotel.
A few hiccups. When we checked in, we noticed that the linen on the sofa couch was not changed from the previous guests. Also, the wash basin was not draining well. Spoke to the front desk. They sent up clean linen, and had us change the sheets ourselves.
Nothing was done about the wash basin.
I fully understand when things are not always perfect at a hotel, but I expected management to make this up to me, for the inconvenience. Sadly, this was not the case here. Still, a good hotel, but rather pricey.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ManagerDT, Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear JBS183462,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Feedback like yours is very helpful in many of our on-going training efforts.

I’d like to apologize for the hiccups you encountered during your recent stay. It is our policy to dress the sofa bed with a set of sheets after every guest & it is my understanding that is what you encountered upon opening the sofa. In addition, our Engineering team should have been called to address the issue with your sink when it was reported.

Again, I apologize for the disappointing stay. We hope you will consider giving us another opportunity the next time you are in Anaheim.

Warm Regards,