“Nice, comfortable place to stay...with great restaurants nearby”

Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Ranked #46 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice, comfortable place to stay...with great restaurants nearby”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The service was fantastic, the hotel was immaculate, had all the features you'd expect. I asked my travel agent to book a hotel for under NZ$150, and this one fitted the bill perfectly. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it, I'm blaming the jet lag ;)

It was just a short walk and a shuttle ride from Disneyland, which is what I had asked for. I had to walk through a carpark to the Hilton on the other side for the shuttle, but I didn't mind that. As a solo woman, I didn't feel unsafe at all, even at 8:30pm, because there were others walking from the shuttle to the hotel too. I'd feel more unsafe walking down the road in New Zealand at night.

I wouldn't recommend the restaurant, though. I'm not even sure they had a kitchen, I think it was just a microwave behind the counter. A packet of potato chips is considered a side dish with a sandwich, in fact it was the only vegetable I got in that meal, simple carbohydrate overload, anyone. I had different things each time I ate there, none of them had much flavour, and there was nothing authentic about the quesadilla it wasn't the least bit spicy. The breakfast on the go, muesli and yoghurt parfait was good though, bit hard to stuff that up. Great that I could sit in a multimedia pod and eat my food, can use wifi and watch your own personal tv, pity about the food. The 24 hour snack bar contained nothing I desired, I hoped they'd have something quick I could eat for an early breakfast on the run, but no. Muesli and yoghurt wouldn't have gone amiss here.

Never mind, there are some excellent restaurants very close. I had breakfast at Denny's every day, except once when I was rushing off to Disneyland. I also found a fantastic Mexican restaurant just down the road, in a row of diner type restaurants, a girl likes choices. Sadly I found it on my last night, I'll start exploring sooner next time.

Wifi was free in the rooms, I think the website is a bit confused about this, I wasn't expecting it, but it was. There was a coffee machine in the room, great, but I would've liked tea and hot chocolate also or at least decaffeinated. I don't sleep too well after drinking coffee at night. I'm also not American and therefore not into coffee creamer, I like milk in my coffee, which I could buy downstairs, but there was a fridge in the room which could've had complimentary milk in it.

Loved the swimming pool and the spa, the gym looked good too, but ran out of time to try that. Some privacy panelling around the pool (or a changing room) wouldn't have gone amiss though, the people in the restaurant would've had a good view of the scantily clad people hopping out of the pool to get towels located right in front of the panel glass window of the restaurant.

Overall I enjoyed my stay. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed, and the staff were super friendly, helpful, and cheerful. Just don't eat there.

Room Tip: I think the sound proofing must be exemplary, my room faced towards the Hilton, the view was not too...
Green Features: Good, you could put your recycling in the bin in the main room, and rubbish in the bathroom bin.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jody W
WarmRegards, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
We are delighted to learn of your nice and comfortable stay with us, Jody W. Your thorough and well detailed review is greatly appreciated, as we value your opinions and insight. We have recently completed renovations on our lobby which features a whole new experience with includes The Bistro. Be assured The Bistro has a kitchen which serves everything from fast and fresh favorites, to hot and hearty meals. As you mentioned, our amazing location also allows are guests to choose from a vast variety of restaurants within walking distance. Again, thank you for sharing all that you experienced and enjoyed at our Anaheim hotel.

Phil Campanelli, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed here on our trip to Disneyland. We stayed in a family suite which was very unique with a separate room for the kids with bunkbeds and a pull out couch. Considering the wear and tear that place must get it was in pretty reasonable condition. The cost was reasonable so I would say this property is a pretty good value. The room was clean and seemed well maintained. I am not a big fan of the foam mattresses in some of the Marriot Courtyards but the bed was comfortable enough for a good nights sleep.

The elevators to me were very slow. The cable on the TV was out for NBC and CBS so those channels never worked for us which was frustrating. There are plenty of restuarants close to eat from all levels of food. The hotel is reasonably close to Disney shuttle lot, too far of a walk for us, we had a lot of stuff, but a 5 minute car ride max. Having a Starbucks and a place to get food in the hotel was nice. Lots of families going to Disney and other sporting events, so if you are looking for a very quiet and peaceful hotel, THIS ISN'T IT! Was the noise a major problem, no, did I hear people all the time, yes.

I would recommend this hotel for families going to Disney and other local attractions and activities. I would have been disappointed as a business traveler, just to much noise for my taste when I am traveling on business.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Techsan93
WarmRegards, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you, Techsan93, for your detailed summary of your stay with us. We appreciate you sharing with other TripAdvisor travelers that you enjoyed a good value experience. Your insight is pertinent to us and our commitment to our guests to provide a comfortable and memorable stay. We have taken your comments seriously and will include them in our meeting discussions. Thank you for your recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you the next time you are visiting Anaheim, CA.

Kindly,
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I like the Hotel was clean, was close to Disneyland we walked 2 blocks to the parking and got the shuttle to Disneyland park, is close to a lot of restaurants, but they charge 16.70 for parking each day, and the restaurant is expensive in 2 nights I was there I didn't see not body eating there, so we went to Carls Jr and got breakfast and ate at the lobby they have free coffee from 6:30am to 9:30am , also the have a coin laundry that we saw when we were leaving because not body told us about it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing how incredibly close we are to the Disney Parks, as well as a variety of restaurants and shops! We apologize that you were not aware of our laundry facilities. Please keep in mind for your next stay that our websites list a detailed overview of our entire property and all of our amenities. Thank you, Verito23, for your valued business and great review on your stay with us.

Best Regards,
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Okay, so any reader will know, I tend to stay at Courtyard Marriotts. I have to say this one was all over the place. First off, the service was the standard high level. What I tend to find is that the hotels that are franchised typically have much better service and staff than the corporate owned ones (e.g., Oyster Bay in the San Francisco Bay area is horrible).

That being said, my biggest issue with this facility is the building. We were on the top floor, but as we walked, the room would shake and the furniture would shake. The floors also would sag. I was thinking that the people below us must think we are stomping around. Also, we could clearly hear the folks in the adjoining rooms.

We had friends staying on the second floor and they said they could hear the people above them walking around.

The other issue is that we believed we reserved a king bed, but they didn't have one and said that they couldn't give us one (but as a platinum, you'd think I'd get what's on my profile, but whatever).

So to summarize, the staff and service is as good as always, but the rooms are noisy.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank A W
Dear A W,

We are disappointed that your stay was less than impressive. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences that you incurred in your room. We greatly appreciate your input and would like to follow up on the details mentioned in your review. At your earliest convenience, please call our hotel directly and provide us with further details on the exact location of your room so that we may promptly look into what you described. We are also sorry that we were not able to fulfill all of your requests. Your preferences are very important to us, however, our options become limited when operating at full capacity. Thank you for your kind remarks on our staff and high level of service. Your valued feedback will assist us in our constant efforts to deliver the best stay Anaheim has to offer.

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Reserved a kids suite for our trip to Disneyland. Two room suite with bunk beds for the kids was perfect! Emily and Phil and the rest of the staff were excellent to work with. Walking distance to Disneyland!! After spending the day at the resort it was nice to relax in the pool and hot tub. Most nights we were the only ones out there! The food and the Starbucks in the hotel were also excellent! I would recommend that you stay here!!!

• Stayed November 2013
We are very excited at the Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim at Disneyland! Thank you for your fantastic rating and review. We are extremely happy that our Kids Suite was was perfect for you and your family! Your wonderful compliments on our service and accommodations are greatly appreciated, as is your high recommendation to other travelers! Come back so see us again!

Disneyland Paris, France
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Our experience while staying at this particular Marriott was long suffered and felt through the lack of security in which Marriott (address: 2045 Harbor Bl. Anaheim, CA 92802) has in place. We paid for parking an amount which exceeded $15.00 usd in addition to this charge, our Brand New Toyota Highlander was vandalized and we incurred unnecessary property damage to our vehicle which exceeds over $2,000 usd according to our family auto technician. This was a very unfortunate experience in which we as a family out enjoying a family night out with our children, did not expect to suffer. Our hearts are saddened and we did not expect this to happen at a Marriott Courtyard in which we specifically sat down and planned our mini vacation. Nevertheless, the staff at this location was very unprofessional in making a record of this event, and did not go the distances in retrieving or gathering the necessary information in which would of helped us with our insurance company and report this matter over to the proper authorities. Who ever gets a chance to read this blog, please take professional advice from a Pre-Law student, who hold a Masters Degree, a Bachelors degree and thus several other degree. Please pass this property up and pay the extra money to stay at a Marriott in which it is safe for the family and your property, especial something as dear as a car in which we have worked our whole lives to pay for. This is not the type of negative memories no one person or family should create upon there long planned stay at a city which houses Disneyland goers, etc., In addition to this, it is by far not the closest establishment to our favorite place to visit Disneyland Theme Park in which we visit on a regular basis as our children love and enjoy Mickey Mouse and the Mickey Club House. Please take this professional recommendation and stay at the Fair Field INN Marriott or other Marriott Brand Hotel in which secures one's property to be safe in accordance with the property security measure they have in place which offer a peace of mind. Aspects in security in which are well worth the extra couple buck to spend in room charges as room and board and tax.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rglory2003
Once again, we would like to extend our sincere apologies. Please know that this unfortunate situation does not represent a typical stay. Be assured that we take guest security seriously, as our guests' comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us. Although we do have security staff on site in the evening and early morning hours, we hope that you can understand that this type of incident is beyond the control of the hotel. We are always available to assist our guests in contacting the proper authorities and providing any details when possible. It is understandable how an incident such as this can set the tone for an entire experience, and hope that you will reconsider returning to enjoy a much improved experience with us. Thank you for completing the review.

Coalinga, California
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The room was nice but the employees weren't well groomed or friendly. But most importantly they are ripping people off. We booked our stay with Expedia but the hotel charged us again. We called they reversed it. We checked our account again nov 12 and they charged our account again. It was exactly a month later. Either they are imcompitant or the company is stealing. If you have stayed there before I would check your accounts!

• Stayed October 2013
WarmRegards, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Aperez8,

As we expressed to you over the phone, we are extremely sorry the errors. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding while we corrected the rare glitch in our system. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience. Please be assured that these errors were unintentional and that we pride ourselves on our staff's high integrity and professionalism. Thank you for bringing all of this to our attention. We appreciate your phone calls and your review.

Kindly,