The service was fantastic, the hotel was immaculate, had all the features you'd expect. I asked my travel agent to book a hotel for under NZ$150, and this one fitted the bill perfectly. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it, I'm blaming the jet lag ;)
It was just a short walk and a shuttle ride from Disneyland, which is what I had asked for. I had to walk through a carpark to the Hilton on the other side for the shuttle, but I didn't mind that. As a solo woman, I didn't feel unsafe at all, even at 8:30pm, because there were others walking from the shuttle to the hotel too. I'd feel more unsafe walking down the road in New Zealand at night.
I wouldn't recommend the restaurant, though. I'm not even sure they had a kitchen, I think it was just a microwave behind the counter. A packet of potato chips is considered a side dish with a sandwich, in fact it was the only vegetable I got in that meal, simple carbohydrate overload, anyone. I had different things each time I ate there, none of them had much flavour, and there was nothing authentic about the quesadilla it wasn't the least bit spicy. The breakfast on the go, muesli and yoghurt parfait was good though, bit hard to stuff that up. Great that I could sit in a multimedia pod and eat my food, can use wifi and watch your own personal tv, pity about the food. The 24 hour snack bar contained nothing I desired, I hoped they'd have something quick I could eat for an early breakfast on the run, but no. Muesli and yoghurt wouldn't have gone amiss here.
Never mind, there are some excellent restaurants very close. I had breakfast at Denny's every day, except once when I was rushing off to Disneyland. I also found a fantastic Mexican restaurant just down the road, in a row of diner type restaurants, a girl likes choices. Sadly I found it on my last night, I'll start exploring sooner next time.
Wifi was free in the rooms, I think the website is a bit confused about this, I wasn't expecting it, but it was. There was a coffee machine in the room, great, but I would've liked tea and hot chocolate also or at least decaffeinated. I don't sleep too well after drinking coffee at night. I'm also not American and therefore not into coffee creamer, I like milk in my coffee, which I could buy downstairs, but there was a fridge in the room which could've had complimentary milk in it.
Loved the swimming pool and the spa, the gym looked good too, but ran out of time to try that. Some privacy panelling around the pool (or a changing room) wouldn't have gone amiss though, the people in the restaurant would've had a good view of the scantily clad people hopping out of the pool to get towels located right in front of the panel glass window of the restaurant.
Overall I enjoyed my stay. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed, and the staff were super friendly, helpful, and cheerful. Just don't eat there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center is a top choice among Disneyland resort hotels and hotels near Anaheim Convention Center. We provide a perfect backdrop and location for business or leisure travel in Anaheim, California, offering what guests need to have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. A great choice among hotels in Anaheim for meetings and affordable stays, Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center offers terrific services and amenities including free high-speed Wi-FI, cozy bedding, a business center, meeting rooms, a fitness center, and an outdoor pool with children's pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Anaheim At Disneyland Hotel Anaheim
- Courtyard Anaheim At Disneyland Hotel
- Anaheim Courtyard
- Anaheim Marriott
- Courtyard By Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center California