“Courtyard near Disneyland”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sugar Land, Texas
“Courtyard near Disneyland”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed there recently on a business trip. The rate was decent considering it was around the holidays. They didn't mention that parking is difficult and you are charged $14 per night to park. It is about a 15 minute walk to the entrance to Disney. The area is safe and I was comfortable walking that far on Harbour Street. Note that their restaurant closes at 10 but there are other options in the area that are also walking distance. The hotel was clean and in pretty good repair. They do offer complimentary coffee in the lobby in the morning. I have stayed at several other Courtyards that didn't and have been told by their employees that Courtyard's don't offer that service. By experience I know better.

There is another hotel being built right next door so there is some noise, but that will change when the work is complete. All in all, not a bad option for family or business travel when in Santa Ana or Anaheim.

Room Tip: High rooms may be better. No view of the park, but you can hear the fireworks at night.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris K
WarmRegards, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your recent business trip, Chris K. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to complete the review. Your recommendation to other business and leisure travelers means the world to us! We value your business and look forward to earning your guest loyalty.

Kindly,
Phil Campanelli, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This property is so close to Disneyland even my friend Colby can make the walk! Seriously, this is a great location. It's probably just under a mile and you are inside Disneyland or California Adventure. You are going to walk a few miles anyway so a little more won't hurt. They also have a shuttle but it's every 15-20 minutes and you can walk there by the time the shuttle arrives. The shuttle costs a few bucks and it's a fine option. The property is set back off the main street, behind Ruth's Chris, which keeps the property quiet. It's funny Mortons is on the next block so if you like nice steak restaurants this place rocks it! Beyond that they have a little cafe in the lobby which is great for a quick breakfast or other meal/snack. The rooms are nice and clean. We had a family suite which had a separate area with bunk beds for the kids. Worked fine as we aren't in the room much. The gym is a little small but you can use the huge gym at the full service Marriott if you ask. Their gym is really nice!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DodgerJohn
Thank you for your great review, DodgerJohn! It's wonderful to receive your compliments on all that you and your family enjoyed at our Anaheim hotel. We're glad our Kids Suite worked out nicely for you. It truly is the ideal choice for any family seeking spacious accommodations with separate areas for both the parents and the kids. Yes, we literally steps aways from one of the best steak restaurants in town, but our prime location also allows our guests many other dining options within walking distance. Again, thank you for sharing your experience by completing the TripAdvisor review. Come back and see us soon!

Best,
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

When checking in i wasnt even greeted. Stood there for a few mins feeling ignored while lady was answering phone calls and the other clerk saw us and pretended to be cleaning the lobby area. That set the tone for an unpleasent stay. But, Christian i believe s his name in either housekeeping or engineering went all out to make our stay much better. Gentleman needs a promotion if that is the way he cares about his guests. Was pleased by the cleanlyness. Will Definitely go back due to the employees that went all out for us. I hope their work dosnt go unoticed as for the front desk....they lack friendliness.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank DFinl
Thank you for your valued feedback, DFinl. We apologize for the level of service you received upon your arrival, and are quite disappointed, as this is definitely not typical of what our guests experience with us. Be assured that these details, as well as your compliments on the excellent service you did receive from certain staff members, have not gone unnoticed. We are very proud of the high level of friendly service and attentiveness we are known for by our loyal guests and regret that we missed our mark on this occasion. Please know that we do sincerely care and hope to have another chance to show you just how much we value your business. Thank you for bringing this to our attention by completing the review.

Kind Regards,
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I liked this hotel. It was comfortable and the fittings and fixtures were in excellent condition. Being close to Disney you expect some well worn items, but nothing was broken or scuffed. The bed was comfortable although the pillows were not. There were plenty of clean glasses that were replaced when we used them. The bathroom was a good size. The bedside tables are tiny - take everything off (including the phone) and put it all in a drawer - then you can fit your ipad on one. The bedside light fixtures have a power socket in each, so charging your phones is easy, leaving the desk outlets for cameras, etc. That was a nice touch. The pool is large with a decent sized hot tub.

A few items to note -

Our room was small. With a king bed, couch and coffee table there was enough room to walk around single file, but not much else. There was the usual folding suitcase rack in the wardrobe, but nowhere to sit it without being in the way. The pictures on the website make it look much larger. Either they had some good camera angles, or our room was smaller than those, which would be disappointing given our status with Marriott.

There was no safe in the room. I don't like leaving my camera/wallet/ipad in a hotel room while Im at the pool.

There is no shuttle to Disney. We were told that we could walk to the closest Disney parking lot and take their bus. Does Disney know that you are offering out their service to your customers?

If this hotel was closer, or they gave us a larger room (if this was the gold level complimentary upgrade, they need to have a serious look at what they are offering) then I would be all over it again. I will look for something closer or offering a shuttle next time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scott N
WarmRegards, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear Scott N,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Anaheim. It's wonderful to hear how comfortable you were in our accommodations, and that you enjoyed our amenities and special touches that set us apart from all the rest. Please know that the Anaheim Resort Transit shuttle is available for a nominal daily fee and has a pick up/drop off location just steps away from our property. Yes, guests are also welcome to walk to any of the nearby Disney lots to access their shuttles as well. Disney encourages all guests to take full advantage of their shuttles to get them to where they want to be while visiting any of their parks. Thank you for your continued loyalty to Marriott properties. We do hope you will decide to return!

Best Regards,
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The service was fantastic, the hotel was immaculate, had all the features you'd expect. I asked my travel agent to book a hotel for under NZ$150, and this one fitted the bill perfectly. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it, I'm blaming the jet lag ;)

It was just a short walk and a shuttle ride from Disneyland, which is what I had asked for. I had to walk through a carpark to the Hilton on the other side for the shuttle, but I didn't mind that. As a solo woman, I didn't feel unsafe at all, even at 8:30pm, because there were others walking from the shuttle to the hotel too. I'd feel more unsafe walking down the road in New Zealand at night.

I wouldn't recommend the restaurant, though. I'm not even sure they had a kitchen, I think it was just a microwave behind the counter. A packet of potato chips is considered a side dish with a sandwich, in fact it was the only vegetable I got in that meal, simple carbohydrate overload, anyone. I had different things each time I ate there, none of them had much flavour, and there was nothing authentic about the quesadilla it wasn't the least bit spicy. The breakfast on the go, muesli and yoghurt parfait was good though, bit hard to stuff that up. Great that I could sit in a multimedia pod and eat my food, can use wifi and watch your own personal tv, pity about the food. The 24 hour snack bar contained nothing I desired, I hoped they'd have something quick I could eat for an early breakfast on the run, but no. Muesli and yoghurt wouldn't have gone amiss here.

Never mind, there are some excellent restaurants very close. I had breakfast at Denny's every day, except once when I was rushing off to Disneyland. I also found a fantastic Mexican restaurant just down the road, in a row of diner type restaurants, a girl likes choices. Sadly I found it on my last night, I'll start exploring sooner next time.

Wifi was free in the rooms, I think the website is a bit confused about this, I wasn't expecting it, but it was. There was a coffee machine in the room, great, but I would've liked tea and hot chocolate also or at least decaffeinated. I don't sleep too well after drinking coffee at night. I'm also not American and therefore not into coffee creamer, I like milk in my coffee, which I could buy downstairs, but there was a fridge in the room which could've had complimentary milk in it.

Loved the swimming pool and the spa, the gym looked good too, but ran out of time to try that. Some privacy panelling around the pool (or a changing room) wouldn't have gone amiss though, the people in the restaurant would've had a good view of the scantily clad people hopping out of the pool to get towels located right in front of the panel glass window of the restaurant.

Overall I enjoyed my stay. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed, and the staff were super friendly, helpful, and cheerful. Just don't eat there.

Room Tip: I think the sound proofing must be exemplary, my room faced towards the Hilton, the view was not too...
Green Features: Good, you could put your recycling in the bin in the main room, and rubbish in the bathroom bin.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jody W
WarmRegards, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
We are delighted to learn of your nice and comfortable stay with us, Jody W. Your thorough and well detailed review is greatly appreciated, as we value your opinions and insight. We have recently completed renovations on our lobby which features a whole new experience with includes The Bistro. Be assured The Bistro has a kitchen which serves everything from fast and fresh favorites, to hot and hearty meals. As you mentioned, our amazing location also allows are guests to choose from a vast variety of restaurants within walking distance. Again, thank you for sharing all that you experienced and enjoyed at our Anaheim hotel.

Best,
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed here on our trip to Disneyland. We stayed in a family suite which was very unique with a separate room for the kids with bunkbeds and a pull out couch. Considering the wear and tear that place must get it was in pretty reasonable condition. The cost was reasonable so I would say this property is a pretty good value. The room was clean and seemed well maintained. I am not a big fan of the foam mattresses in some of the Marriot Courtyards but the bed was comfortable enough for a good nights sleep.

The elevators to me were very slow. The cable on the TV was out for NBC and CBS so those channels never worked for us which was frustrating. There are plenty of restuarants close to eat from all levels of food. The hotel is reasonably close to Disney shuttle lot, too far of a walk for us, we had a lot of stuff, but a 5 minute car ride max. Having a Starbucks and a place to get food in the hotel was nice. Lots of families going to Disney and other sporting events, so if you are looking for a very quiet and peaceful hotel, THIS ISN'T IT! Was the noise a major problem, no, did I hear people all the time, yes.

I would recommend this hotel for families going to Disney and other local attractions and activities. I would have been disappointed as a business traveler, just to much noise for my taste when I am traveling on business.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Techsan93
WarmRegards, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you, Techsan93, for your detailed summary of your stay with us. We appreciate you sharing with other TripAdvisor travelers that you enjoyed a good value experience. Your insight is pertinent to us and our commitment to our guests to provide a comfortable and memorable stay. We have taken your comments seriously and will include them in our meeting discussions. Thank you for your recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you the next time you are visiting Anaheim, CA.

Kindly,
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I like the Hotel was clean, was close to Disneyland we walked 2 blocks to the parking and got the shuttle to Disneyland park, is close to a lot of restaurants, but they charge 16.70 for parking each day, and the restaurant is expensive in 2 nights I was there I didn't see not body eating there, so we went to Carls Jr and got breakfast and ate at the lobby they have free coffee from 6:30am to 9:30am , also the have a coin laundry that we saw when we were leaving because not body told us about it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing how incredibly close we are to the Disney Parks, as well as a variety of restaurants and shops! We apologize that you were not aware of our laundry facilities. Please keep in mind for your next stay that our websites list a detailed overview of our entire property and all of our amenities. Thank you, Verito23, for your valued business and great review on your stay with us.

Best Regards,