“Nice place near the Convention Center”

Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Ranked #46 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was in town for the Los Angles Religious Education Congress, a huge annual gathering at the Anaheim Convention Center. The Courtyard was smaller than the other local hotels (and there are more than a hundred of them in Anaheim!).

The room was comfortable, with nice amenities-- coffee service, fridge, Paul Mitchell toiletries. The bed was very comfortable.

The layout is a bit odd, with the reception area in the center, and elevators at the extreme ends of the building. Not a big deal, just seemed like a strange architectural choice.

The Bistro in the lobby is handy, with Starbucks coffee and a limited but adequate menu for breakfast and dinner. When you're really tired after a full day of convention-going, a nice big salad and a cold beer at your hotel can feel like real luxuries, if they're well-prepared. The meals I had at the Bistro were all uncomplicated but nicely done.

I was particularly impressed by the front desk staff. All of them were consistently friendly and helpful. One even called the laundry pick-up guy and asked him to return when I was 8 minutes late for a laundry drop-off time. It was particularly telling that one desk clerk/agent remembered my room number, three days after I checked in!

Another benefit: They have a little hidden path that connects to the parking lot of the Marriott at the convention center, making it easy to walk there, instead of driving/parking.

One downside: They charged $15 per day for parking. I guess that's what you get so close to Disneyland.

I had a great stay, and I'd both return and recommend them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lricecsp

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have stayed here twice now while visiting Disneyland. Once back in November 2012 and most recently February 2014. I let them know that we were celebrating a birthday on this past trip, and the entire staff was very accommodating, friendly, and helpful! Stephanie, one of the managers, made sure that we were taken care of. On top of that, the bedrooms are very spacious and the beds are very comfortable. Will be sure to stay here again when we go back to Disney in May for my birthday!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CKMcCarthy
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The atmosphere was pleasant and the service was very good. Parking was included with room fees and the bed was to die for. Top quality bed and pillows. The rooms were clean, elegant and cozy. Loved it. I recommend it to everyone. Price was a deal

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Mikenunez2007
Reviewed 3 March 2014

A great place to stay in walking distance of Disneyland and lots of places to eat out at. Friendly front desk staff and a great place in lobby to get Starbucks coffee and whatever else you need. Lovely clean and spacious rooms with queen size beds and a good sized bathroom. Great pool and spa also which are kept nice and clean as well - we loved our week and would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here on the second leg of our California vacation after my cousin's wedding. The room was quiet but could use some updating as carpet was worn and throw pillows had seen their better days. I did love the French doors separating the master bedroom from the living space where our daughter slept on the pullout sofa. The pool water was very warm which is great because my husband is especially difficult to please where that is concerned. The only disappointment I would have to say was the miscommunication at booking and then check-in. At the time of booking, we were told breakfast was included with our stay. However, upon check-in we found out that if we wanted breakfast at the hotel we would need to pay on a daily basis. They did give us breakfast vouchers for one day during our stay to make up for the confusion but that obviously only accounted for one day out of our stay. Overall, this hotel is a good value for being so close to Disneyland. We were able to walk without a rental car. I am on the fence though as to whether we would go back again or stay elsewhere. I would probably stay again if they updated the rooms.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Audra C
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Checked in after a tiring day at Disneyland. I made reservations with a reservation agent over the phone. I thought we were getting a 1 bedroom suite, but when checking in was informed it was a studio. When I informed Diane (Dianna?) of this at the front desk, she quickly upgraded us to a family suite with bunk beds that the kids were more excited about than Disneyland. Clean and comfy rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank elitetravelerPhoenix
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We just got back from a 3 night stay at the Anaheim Courtyard at Disneyland and it was great! The front desk staff was friendly and made the check-in / check-out process quick. Our room was pretty spacious and very clean. The bathrooms have been nicely updated and have granite countertops. We were a 5 minute drive from Disneyland parking and close to lots of Anaheim restaurants. The Anaheim Gardenwalk Shops are a few minutes, they have a delicious California Pizza Kitchen.(I am not usually a fan of chains - but this location was particularly good) My only criticisms of this Courtyard would be the foam beds - I like the fluffy beds and bedding that they use in their other hotels better. (A personal preference) Also, I think the parking fee should be built into the room rate. Overall, a good experience!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SaraLO87
Travellers also viewed these Anaheim hotels
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance
#30 of 119 in Anaheim
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
SpringHill Suites at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Residence Inn by Marriott at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center? Share your experiences!