Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Anaheim Marriott(Anaheim)
  • Restaurant
Dolphin's Cove Resort(Anaheim)
View Hotel
All reviewsconvention centerfront deskfamily suiteminute walkparking lotbunk bedswithin walking distancestarbucks coffeeattending a conferencenice propertyart shuttlehousekeeping staffday passharbor blvdhotel restaurantnear disneylandfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in February for Disneyland. We stayed in the Family Suite with King bed, pull out sofa, and twin bunk beds. Somewhat comfortably fit 5 of us. Put the pull out sofa bed mattress on the floor after the first night as the frame was squeaky. There is a sliding door that closes between the King bed area and the sitting area. The hotel is a little over a mile to the main gate at Disneyland. Housekeeping did a great job. The tub stopper was inoperable, but maintenance fixed the next morning for our return later that night. The FD staff was very friendly. We had 6 devices needing connection to the WIFI and at first only allowed 3, but the FD changed that and gave us the code to connect extra devices. The swimming pool and hot tub area were great. Spacious and water temperature was just right. Plenty of towels and comfortable sitting areas. Hotel was within walking distance of a number of restaurants, ie Red Robin and Cheesecake Factory. Overall, hotel was very good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank No_Worries32
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights (March 10 - 12) and were very pleased with our last-minute change of plans. We were booked at the actual Marriott (around the block), but was able to get a much better price at the Courtyard (parking price cheaper too), so changed the reservation. Had some apprehension in doing this b/c many of the Courtyard's recent reviews were not very favorable, and I did not understand why. We've stayed at other Courtyard Marriotts in the past several years and have never had problems with any of them.

I do recall that one reviewer claimed that they were told over the phone that breakfast was included. They must have misunderstood b/c Courtyard Marriott never include breakfast. You can purchase food at their cafe, though. Regular Marriotts and JW Marriotts also do not include breakfast. The higher on the hotel brand food chain, the less that's included (don't know why that is, but it is, and not just with Marriott-branded properties). If you want a Marriott property that includes breakfast, then try their Fairfield Inns, Summerfield Suites and Residence Inns. However, we were happy to have complimentary Wi-Fi in the room, which worked perfectly.

The room itself (we were in room 344) was perfect. Really! Everything was spic and span clean (including the bathroom) and very comfortable. Also, the decor was updated. Another recent reviewer complained that the rooms needed updating. I have no idea where that would come from b/c Marriott updated all their Courtyard hotels within the last 5 years. Lobby also was completely renovated and contemporary...and clean.

The front desk staff (the only staff with whom we really had any contact) were welcoming, friendly and enthusiastic. I also did not find that this hotel catered more to families, despite its proximity to Disneyland (about a mile...very easy), as another reviewer noted. Courtyards tend to be more business customer-centric, though families are certainly welcome. We did see several. The hotel was not noisy...at all. I'm sure there are times when it could be, but that's also probably true of all the other Disneyland area hotels.

I would not hesitate to stay at this (or any other) Courtyard Marriott in the future.

Room Tip: Room 344 may not have much of a view, but the location on the floor is very private.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CNorm
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was in town for the Los Angles Religious Education Congress, a huge annual gathering at the Anaheim Convention Center. The Courtyard was smaller than the other local hotels (and there are more than a hundred of them in Anaheim!).

The room was comfortable, with nice amenities-- coffee service, fridge, Paul Mitchell toiletries. The bed was very comfortable.

The layout is a bit odd, with the reception area in the center, and elevators at the extreme ends of the building. Not a big deal, just seemed like a strange architectural choice.

The Bistro in the lobby is handy, with Starbucks coffee and a limited but adequate menu for breakfast and dinner. When you're really tired after a full day of convention-going, a nice big salad and a cold beer at your hotel can feel like real luxuries, if they're well-prepared. The meals I had at the Bistro were all uncomplicated but nicely done.

I was particularly impressed by the front desk staff. All of them were consistently friendly and helpful. One even called the laundry pick-up guy and asked him to return when I was 8 minutes late for a laundry drop-off time. It was particularly telling that one desk clerk/agent remembered my room number, three days after I checked in!

Another benefit: They have a little hidden path that connects to the parking lot of the Marriott at the convention center, making it easy to walk there, instead of driving/parking.

One downside: They charged $15 per day for parking. I guess that's what you get so close to Disneyland.

I had a great stay, and I'd both return and recommend them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lricecsp
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have stayed here twice now while visiting Disneyland. Once back in November 2012 and most recently February 2014. I let them know that we were celebrating a birthday on this past trip, and the entire staff was very accommodating, friendly, and helpful! Stephanie, one of the managers, made sure that we were taken care of. On top of that, the bedrooms are very spacious and the beds are very comfortable. Will be sure to stay here again when we go back to Disney in May for my birthday!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CKMcCarthy
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The atmosphere was pleasant and the service was very good. Parking was included with room fees and the bed was to die for. Top quality bed and pillows. The rooms were clean, elegant and cozy. Loved it. I recommend it to everyone. Price was a deal

• Stayed: February 2014