“Disney w/Grandkids”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anaheim
Anaheim Harbor RV Park
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Disney w/Grandkids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked this RV park based on previous reviews (thank you). This was a great location, close to Disney, clean bathrooms, arcade to entertain the kids, small park and of course the pool was a popular spot for us. I rented a spot for a 32 foot RV and a pad with grass (astro-turf) for my dog. The grass pad also included a picnic table w/umbrella. Our spot was close to the restrooms (61&62). Would recommend this location to family travelers!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Modesto, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Good full hookup park. Not beautiful, reasonably quiet, easy Disney access. We had a double parking lot space for our fifth wheel so not too close to next unit. Lots of long term units in rear, not pretty but no probs. Would not let the Wash Crew in to wash and wax my RV which Anaheim Resort RV Park will do so I wd rather stay there

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank jlgorman3
canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This is one of (what was once) three parks located close to Disneyland. It's direct neighbour - "the good one" (Anaheim RV Village) permanently shut it's doors - soon to become a parking lot for Disney employees.

That leaves this RV park, and its competition (located on Midway Avenue " Anaheim Resort RV Park") as your only choices if you want to stay anywhere near Disneyland.

Anaheim Harbor was less expensive and closer to Disney than Resort RV Park, so we thought we would give it a try.

The park is a bizarre mix of people that live full time in the RVs and tourists coming to visit Anaheim.

The staff clearly have no idea how to differentiate from the legitimate tourists and their crackhead full timers - and their attitude towards you shows. There are two very helpful you men working at the front desk, and two rude unbelievably catty young women so be prepared for that.

The hookups for sewer are an improbable distance from your trailer (about 40') and they know this as they will happily sell you an extension hose and coupler for $29 (and refuse to give you a receipt) so you can actually hook up.

There isn't a lick of shade in the park, and expect the natives (those who live their full time) to wander free around your area - smoke cigarettes, talk loudly on their cell phones and use the sparse grass on the rental sites as potties for their pets!

The natives also help themselves to the communal bathrooms and showers (only two shower stalls) which have little to no security and are in constant use by the residents.

All in all - if you have lowered expectations and know what you're getting into, this place is okay. It's actually in walking range of disney and there is a carrows and shakeys next door. Its less than $10 cab ride one way from Disney if you don't want to walk back to the rv park at the end of your day.

The competition on Midway is clearly set up better for tourists. It has an ART stop in the park, has shade and is clearly cleaner and neater - however is not within walking distance of anything and is in a much sketchier neighborhood.

The Harbor Park must make a choice if it wants to survive. Be a tourist destination RV park like its closed down neighbor, or be a crackhead trailer park and accept no tourists. The Germans, Australians and other foreigners we saw were clearly not impressed with their indoctrination into American Trailer Trash.

The biggest loss of all, of course, is the the park across the street - "the good one" is closed. Tourists are left with little choice here. Sad for RVers visiting the magic kingdom.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank x o
Fairfield, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is our third stay here. The accomodations are good, price is reasonable, only 5 mins. to Disneyland. I just wish the internet was better and the bathrooms were opened earlier like 6 a.m. for the earlybirds. The bathroom currently opens at 8 a.m. and closes I think at 9 p.m. But the overall experience was good.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank adventurechallenger
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We are new the the whole RV experience. I was not sure how I felt about staying in an RV and going to Disney. This place was the perfect location. We watched fireworks from the pool at night. The shuttle to Disney was easy and fast and we filled all our days. Made the RV trip a success.

Room Tip: Try to be near the pool
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen F
Crescent City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I've camped here twice during Disneyland trips and it's been great. The only downside was that I wasn't able to use my AAA discount because I couldn't make it into the office to show my card during the open hours. Also, if you are a light sleeper, the sound of the traffic may bother you, so be sure to request a campsite near the rear of the park if you can.
The bathrooms are clean and have combination lock entries, so you don't have to worry about random people off the street coming in to use them. The showers are located in the central bathroom near the pool, laundry room and community room. Again, nice and clean. I was able to do laundry here and watch tv in the community room while I waited. It feels safe at this park. The first time I arrived there, it was past midnight, but a nice staff member in a golf cart greeted me and oriented me to the park.
Although a shuttle is available from this park to Disneyland, I've used the Disneyland parking structure. I like having the ability to come and go throughout the day (often for swimming or a nap) without the long walk to the RV park with already sore feet. I felt comfortable leaving my tent and sleeping equipment at the park without worrying about theft or anything else happening to it.
My favorite thing about this park has been swimming in the pool or lounging in the hot tub in the evenings while watching the fireworks at Disneyland - awesome view! You can even hear the music playing in the distance.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Iambe100
Sparks, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Decent park, would be better if all of the spaces were not back ins, really is a pain if you are towing a car. Also would be better if there was a space where dogs could be off leash and run a little. We really missed some grass at our site, next time we'll know. Quiet, for it's location and everything was clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family