All reviews rooftop pool cvs pharmacy bunk beds free breakfast waffles coffee beans convention center minute walk waffle bar across the street the breakfast area would stay here again breakfast meat kids suite top floor disney fireworks right next door
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Convenient to Orange County/Aneheim Convention Center.
$65. plus tip taxi from John Wayne Airport.
Hotel room was confortable; shared with another staff person from our company.
5 minute walk to Convention Center.
Buffet breakfast included.
Housekeeping for room needs to step up a notch.
Staff very courtesy.
Easy walk, 5-10 minutes to many restaurant choices.
Did not go to Disney but was told it was 5 minutes or less.
Certain nights, good view of Disney fireworks from roof top pool area of Hotel.
Thought the nightly rate was somewhat high. Tourist taxes in Anaheim very, very high.

Room Tip: Was on 3rd floor and on Convention side which was less noisy than Disney side.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 1 August 2016

Dear William,
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent trip into our Anaheim area. We are one of the closest hotels to the Anaheim Convention Center and strive to deliver nothing short of a perfect stay. I will make sure to share your review with our housekeeping staff in an effort to better our operation. We hope to see you back soon. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

This hotel was new the month we visited, so it was beautiful. The pool was warm, even though it was December. It was Christmas time, so they played Christmas movies at the pool, which my children loved. There was also a nice fire pit at the pool, so my husband and I were able to stay warm while watching the movies at night. The breakfast was very good and the nightly reception was nice, with wine, juice, and some good food. One night it was our dinner because the food was so good. The suite was a great size for our family of 6. It was right next door a Disneyland parking lot, so we were able to use the free shuttles to Disneyland and we never needed a car. It is a little bit of a walk to the shuttles, but not too bad and saved us money on parking at the hotel ($10 a night) and Disneyland parking because we just took a taxi from the airport. It was a great hotel and I will stay here again.

Stayed: December 2015
1  Thank Sharleen T
Management response:Responded 1 August 2016

Dear Sharleen,
We want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at our Springhill Suites Anaheim Resort. We are pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our amenities to their fullest and cannot wait to see you and your family back at our hotel.

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

The sheets in my room had little black fuzzies and hair and looked unwashed. Since housekeeping staff had left for the day, I had the option to change the sheets myself. Instead, I requested a room change and when I went down to the front desk to get my new key, I was told security would be escorting me back to my original room, since I would now be locked out. Suffice it to say, it was not locked, the TWO security guards that escorted me waited for me to open the door and when I was packing up my stuff, I told them they could leave, I would be fine. However they said they were there to make sure I exited the room.

I don't know how many people try to cheat the hotel out of a free room by requesting a room change, but the whole situation was wholly unnecessary and will make you feel like a low-level criminal.

I stay at Marriott properties often, have made room change requests before, however, this is the only time I've been treated like a felon.

Don't stay here

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank freah8
Lisa D, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2016

Dear "Freah8",
I believe this review may have just been delayed but in case you did not receive our management's personal email, I will post it here as well:
First, please accept our deepest apologies that the original room you checked into was not clean to Marriott’s-and our-standards. I have already reached out to the housekeeping manager about the cleanliness issue so that she may use it as a training opportunity for her staff. We are also sincerely sorry if you felt that the hotel was mistrusting you in any way with the room transfer and our security’s assistance. My night auditor reach out to me informing me that you felt uncomfortable because of what appears to have been a miscommunication with the guards who were there to assist you. In the middle of the night when additional staff is not readily available, we do use our security as an extension of ourselves to assist with housekeeping requests, maintenance requests, and the occasional rare room move. When transferring a guest to a new room location, we like to send an employee to ensure that the guest is able to gain access to their old room and to be readily available should they need any help with luggage or further communication with our front desk. It can be very frustrating for a guest who needs to get back into the old room because they forgot an item and their keys have already been timed out within minutes due to the transfer.
Normally we only have one security guard at a time but we were also introducing a new security guard to the team that evening and they were shadowing the other officer for training purposes. We are sorry if their uniform made you feel like they were not there to ensure that you made it to your new room location comfortably. We have never had a guest in the past feel this way about our security staff but we will bring it up to their supervisors to make sure there is no miscommunication like this in the future.
I hope this helped clear up some of the concerns you had with our security staff that night.
Kind Regards,
Lisa D., Operations

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

I was excited to stay here for Vidcon this year but it's been not so great for the money.
They have construction crews right outside my window, which is now taped up and you can't look outside.
The maid has only shown up 1 day so far and I have teenagers in and out of here all day and night. Today when I left my room she was right next to mine standing in the hall talking with another maid. I came back 3 hours later she has skipped my room and is still in hallway talking to another maid.
There is no self parking right now because of the construction so I had to valet it for 16 dollars a day. Because the lot always seemed full I was afraid to go anywhere with my car so I walked everywhere. That's fine but it's about 100 outside right now.
There was no bellman to help me with my many bags.
The refrigerator is weird you have to press a button on the inside to have it work for two hours then it's off for 8 hours.
Let me end this on a positive note... The hotel is very nice. The staff is very nice. Breakfast is a nice variety with eggs, bacon, cereals, yogurts etc. it's very nice having the cvs downstairs because I forgot a couple of things. The fitness room was nice I was looking out at the pool. The pool was nice too and they have a coveted seating area if you want to just sit and hang out and watch the fireworks from Disneyland.
Not sure I will come back. I usually stay at the Doubletree but they were sold out :-(.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Mom2Rach
Lisa D, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Dear Mom2Rach,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at our property. We are very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered. Our hotel is currently being repainted on the outside of the property. We do try our very hardest to make sure that the painting of property is done in times when it’s most convenient for guests and we are looking forward to the fresh look of our hotel once it is completed. We have also relayed your feedback regarding housekeeping to the department manager and we really appreciate that you brought it to our attention. During major conventions like Vidcon that sell out the Anaheim Resort, self parking can get full at times. This is why we’ve made self parking and Valet parking the same cost; to try and alleviate our guests of any stress of finding a parking space, especially during the busy summer season and during major conventions.

We’re very glad that you were able to partake in our breakfast buffet during your stay. We have worked very hard trying to offer a wide variety of options for our breakfast items. We also pride ourselves on the view of the fireworks from Disneyland up by the pool area. We are glad you got up there in time for the fireworks show.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to the Anaheim Resort.

Kind Regards,
Lisa Dickinson, Operations

Reviewed 23 June 2016

First, this hotel wasn't all horrible. The valet service was great. It costs the same as self-parking, and they get your car rather quickly. The front desk staff were also great at check in. However, it ended there. The biggest problem with this place is probably the housekeeping staff. On one occasion, they took the towels we left on the floor and just hung them up, rather than replacing them. On another occasion, we returned from Disneyland rather late only to find that the door to our room was open. Anybody could have just walked in and taken anything. I reported these issues to the front desk, and, during the next housekeeping visit, they stole my laundry money (roughly $7 in quarters). When I complained about all of those issues to the manager on duty, Lisa Dickinson, the manager on duty, simply stated that they would try to train the housekeeping staff better. Do they really need to be trained to close the doors and not steal? The housekeeping staff also adjusted my thermostat without my permission during my absence. The manager stated that was policy to cut down on utility expenses. I've never heard of that before. That's just part of the operating costs of a hotel.

After the housekeeping staff, the other issues which made this stay terrible was the fitness center. The center itself was fine, but there is a sign adjacent to it that reads "Hours of Operation: 6:00 AM - 11:00 PM". It's actually supposed to be 24 hours, but the hotel management leaves that sign up there. Concordantly the security guard decided to make me leave when he saw me there after midnight.

Then there was the "refrigerator". I use quotation marks to describe it because it is actually a so-called "eco friendly refrigerator" instead. They do not function like regular refrigerators, where the temperature is kept close to a constant. To the contrary, they require someone to push a button on the inside of the unit for the cooling to start. Then the cooling stops after 2 hours. If you don't remember or just aren't present to push the button again soon after that, your items in there will not be at refrigerated temperatures very long. That was only mildly annoying for us, but what if a guest had insulin, baby formula, or anything else where temperature control is critical?

Finally, when attempting to voice my complaints, management would not give me any compensation at all, not even for the money that was stolen. I voiced my complaints to corporate and was told that I would not be receiving anything because management said that I was acting in "an abusive manner". For the record, I did not scream, throw anything, curse, or threaten anybody. Evidently, when someone is annoyed, they are classified as "abusive". These words both start with "a" but are two totally different adjectives.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Eric P
Lisa D, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

Thank you for voicing your concerns. Unfortunately the hotel management has no record of you opening an incident report regarding the missing laundry quarters during your stay. We take matters like this very seriously. Please feel free to reach out to us so that we may investigate this issue. There were also a few problems that you had mentioned that the hotel was looking into however we also have a much different account of the conversations you had and the reason why we were unable to reach an understanding in the form of compensation. We are always available to hear and address our guests' concerns and we apologize that you had a less than satisfactory stay.
Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.
Regards,